Organic Pest Control Products
The Science of Botanical Pesticides
Rockwell Labs, the leader in the developing science in botanical-organic insecticides, uses a combination of thyme, cinnamon, rosemary, lemongrass, and cloves to kill, flush and repel insects. Perhaps botanical-organic insecticides do not have the residual capabilities of synthetic pesticides, but their many benefits outweigh their drawbacks.
- Fast-Acting: Botanical-organic insecticides are fast-acting. There will be a much faster kill rate than the most common class of pest control chemicals (synthetic pyrethroids).
- Vapor-Action: The vapor action from botanicals is longer lasting than pyrethroids. This longer-lasting vapor action is an important point in mosquito control programs.
- Excellent Flushing: Botanical-Organic insectices have unique flushing capabilities. Flushing action is important in cockroach control, as you want to "flush-out" insects from their hiding areas. Botanical aerosols all come with a crack and crevice straw that will fit in crevices to provide both a quick knockdown and flushing action.
- No resistance: There is no known resistance to botanical/organic insecticides. Since bed bugs, roaches and flies build up resilience to some synthetic pyrethroids. This non-resistance quality is an added benefit.
- Safe near water: The Ecovia line of organic botanical that may be applied over and near waterways. This label on the EcoVia line makes an excellent product for spider control on docks.
- Broader label: The Ecovia line of products does not have the label restrictions that pyrethroid insecticides have. School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- Conclusion: Many people think less of botanical/organic pest control measures and point out their failures. We find the major shortcoming is the duration of the residual action. But in the long run, the length of the residual activity is not a critical factor. For example, if you can kill off a population of spiders, you should not have a repopulation for several months. Keep in mind that all these activities are from plants that have evolved over millions of years to fight off disease and insects. Rockwell labs have developed a line of organic botanical products with plant oils to be highly effective.
- EcoVia botanicals (science and benefits)
Starting at: $67.50
Snake Scram Professional has natural ingredients in an organic granulated formula that effectively repels many poisonous snakes, including copperheads and rattlesnakes. It does not harm children or other animals.This repellent is very offensive to the snake's Jacobsen organ receptor, causing it to leave the treated area. Shake Snake Scram granular in and around the area to be protected and the first sign of snake presence. The Snake Scram Professional repellent is an all season granular, but peak application is during the early spring and throughout the summer months. Both extremes of drought or rainfall may increase snake activity.Learn More
$76.95 As low as: $68.95
Mole Scram Professional is a mole repellent made of organic materials and is biodegradable. This repellent does not harm the moles but drives them away from your yard. It leaves a bad taste for the moles, and the odor is offensive to them. Made of Castor Oil - 17.0%, Citronella Oil - .9997% , Garlic Oil - .0003% and Peanut Hulls - 82% it has a slight detectable odor for humans.Learn More
$34.50 As low as: $24.90
Out of stockSnake Out Keep Snakes Out...Naturally Unique blend of ingredients that snakes find very unpleasant. Snake Out can be used anywhere you don't want snakes to be or anyplace snakes are a problem. Snake Out doesn't harm snakes; instead, it actually repels them naturally. Learn More
Starting at: $18.85
Out of stock
The Shake-Away Fox Urine Granules (Shake Away's Small Critter Granules) repel rabbits, such as prolific cottontail rabbit. It also repels groundhogs, woodchucks, and other small critters such as gophers, and porcupines. This non-toxic, organic product has fox urine impregnated on its time-released granules. Shake Away uses fear, through a natural predator-prey relationship to keep away these small critters. They give the illusion that a fox has visited your premises, and the little critters do not want to enter the area, for fear of foxes.
It is recommended to apply these granules twice a week for the first two to three weeks. After ongoing maintenance, the rabbits will alter their patterns from the applied areas.Learn More
$18.95 As low as: $14.95
Out of stock
Essentria D Dust Insecticide contains natural essential plant oils and is exempt from EPA registration. This dust is ideal in organic programs and sensitive locations. Not only is Essentria D Dust Insecticide safe, but it is effective against such insects as ants, cockroaches, spiders, and other indoor pests.
Essentria D dust provides quick control and residual control.Learn More
Starting at: $28.95
Bonide Shotgun Repels All Liquid Concentrate has a unique blend of ingredients causes a mild irritation to animal's nasal passages. When an animal touches, tastes or smells Repels-All this irritation triggers the natural instinct to escape and avoid. The animal simply leaves. Repels-All provides a powerful scent and taste repellent that animals find unpleasant and irritating. Repels All does not harm the animal, it drives them away naturally.
Repels All Concentrate will continue protecting and repelling for up to 2 months.Learn More
Starting at: $13.50
Bonide's Go Away Rabbit, Dog and Cat Repellent, made of all natural ingredients, repels dogs, cats, rabbits and animals. This long lasting repellent in a convenient granule will help protect trees, shrubs, garbage cans, around periphery flower and vegetable gardens.Learn More
Starting at: $15.50
Out of stock
Bonide Snake Stopper Repellent repels and drives the snakes away from a targeted location. Snake Stopper is made of all natural ingredients : Cedar Oil, Cinnamon Oil, and Clove Oil. Typical uses of Bonide Snake Stopper Repellent repel snakes around yards, gardens, patios, sheds and woodpiles.Learn More