Organic Pest Control Products
The Science of Botanical Pesticides
Rockwell Labs, the leader in the developing science in botanical-organic insecticides, uses a combination of thyme, cinnamon, rosemary, lemongrass, and cloves to kill, flush and repel insects. Perhaps botanical-organic insecticides do not have the residual capabilities of synthetic pesticides, but their many benefits outweigh their drawbacks.
- Fast-Acting: Botanical-organic insecticides are fast-acting. There will be a much faster kill rate than the most common class of pest control chemicals (synthetic pyrethroids).
- Vapor-Action: The vapor action from botanicals is longer lasting than pyrethroids. This longer-lasting vapor action is an important point in mosquito control programs.
- Excellent Flushing: Botanical-Organic insectices have unique flushing capabilities. Flushing action is important in cockroach control, as you want to "flush-out" insects from their hiding areas. Botanical aerosols all come with a crack and crevice straw that will fit in crevices to provide both a quick knockdown and flushing action.
- No resistance: There is no known resistance to botanical/organic insecticides. Since bed bugs, roaches and flies build up resilience to some synthetic pyrethroids. This non-resistance quality is an added benefit.
- Safe near water: The Ecovia line of organic botanical that may be applied over and near waterways. This label on the EcoVia line makes an excellent product for spider control on docks.
- Broader label: The Ecovia line of products does not have the label restrictions that pyrethroid insecticides have. School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- Conclusion: Many people think less of botanical/organic pest control measures and point out their failures. We find the major shortcoming is the duration of the residual action. But in the long run, the length of the residual activity is not a critical factor. For example, if you can kill off a population of spiders, you should not have a repopulation for several months. Keep in mind that all these activities are from plants that have evolved over millions of years to fight off disease and insects. Rockwell labs have developed a line of organic botanical products with plant oils to be highly effective.
- EcoVia botanicals (science and benefits)
$51.20 As low as: $46.90
EcoVia G are granules from botanical active ingredients. EcoVia G is a part of the EcoVia line of products that provide green solutions and are broad spectrum insecticides. What makes EcoVia G stand out from the crowd among botanical granules is that it has very low use rates because of its high level of botanical active ingredients, making it a top-rated product against a broad spectrum of insects.Learn More
$4.49 As low as: $1.86
ProPest Pheronet Pantry Pest Moth and Beetle Traps lure moths by using special moth pheromones that attract male moths and male cigarette beetles. These pre baited triangular traps attract and kill male moths, disrupting mating and eventually controlling the pantry pest problem. The traps are designed to capture pantry moths including Plodia, Ephestia, & Lasioderma :Indian Meal Moths, Tobacco,Mediterranean Flour Moths, Almond Moths, Raisin Moths and Cigarette Beetles.Learn More
Pantry Pest Traps protect grain based foods such as cereals, flour, meal and pasta, pet and bird food, popcorn and more.
Starting at: $0.55
Mouse Glue Board Traps-5.5" x 7.5" mice glue boards. Each Trapper Max Mouse Glue Board Trap can be folded into a triangle or used as a flat trap. An excellent combination of performance and value, Bell uses exclusive prebaited glue formulations that are vigorously tested to ensure maximum holding power for the highest possible capture rates. Strict standards ensure the highest quality glues every time.Packaging: singles boards(72 boards per box)Learn More
Starting at: $19.95The Dr. T's Mosquito Repelling Granules are great for keeping mosquitos away from your yard and may be used in any area where mosquitos like to congregate and around people and pets. Dr. T's Mosquito Repelling Granules are easy to apply with the sprinkler cap or broadcast spreader. Learn More
Starting at: $42.50
Nattaro Scout Bed Bug Monitors are detection traps. These monitors use a unique blend of bed bug pheromone lures that simulate bed bug aggregation. Use Nattaro Scout monitors both as an early monitoring tool and after bed bug treatments for verification of the success of your bed bug treatment. Learn More
Starting at: $15.95Intice 10 Perimeter Bait is a broad spectrum granular bait with 10% boric acid, killing roaches, crickets, mole crickets,sowbugs, pillbugs,earwigs and more insects. The specialized bait matrix contains two oils, protein and a carbohydrate, for broad spectrum acceptance and control and may be used indoors,outdoors and on turfs. The increased amount of boric acid cuts the application rate in half and makes InTice 10 the most economical bait on the market.
Starting at: $4.95
Catchmaster 100i Insect Traps/Monitors are glue boards to catch and monitor insects, important in integrated pest management (IPM) procedures and methods. These insect traps are pre-baited with food graded molasses on a sticky adhesive backing to attract insects and trap them.
Each board (7.56" long x 7.5 " wide) is perforated to make 3 traps(7.56" x 2.5" each) or simply use one large trap. Place these traps in areas where you spot or suspect insect activity; put them along walls, baseboards, behind appliances, in corners or other areas where insects may crawl.Learn More
$54.99 As low as: $52.37
Essentria G Granules (formally EcoExempt G Granules ) are made of plant oils and natural ingredients, and are perfect for sensitive areas or organic programs. The plant oils use Octopamine Blocker Technology and are classified as EPA minimum risk and are exempt from EPA registrations.
Once the Essentria G Granules are spread throughout the lawn the ingredients will slowly go deep into the soil and kill the pests that are contacted. Essentria G works best after rains or when watered in.Learn More