Organic Pest Control Products
The Science of Botanical Pesticides
Rockwell Labs, the leader in the developing science in botanical-organic insecticides, uses a combination of thyme, cinnamon, rosemary, lemongrass, and cloves to kill, flush and repel insects. Perhaps botanical-organic insecticides do not have the residual capabilities of synthetic pesticides, but their many benefits outweigh their drawbacks.
- Fast-Acting: Botanical-organic insecticides are fast-acting. There will be a much faster kill rate than the most common class of pest control chemicals (synthetic pyrethroids).
- Vapor-Action: The vapor action from botanicals is longer lasting than pyrethroids. This longer-lasting vapor action is an important point in mosquito control programs.
- Excellent Flushing: Botanical-Organic insectices have unique flushing capabilities. Flushing action is important in cockroach control, as you want to "flush-out" insects from their hiding areas. Botanical aerosols all come with a crack and crevice straw that will fit in crevices to provide both a quick knockdown and flushing action.
- No resistance: There is no known resistance to botanical/organic insecticides. Since bed bugs, roaches and flies build up resilience to some synthetic pyrethroids. This non-resistance quality is an added benefit.
- Safe near water: The Ecovia line of organic botanical that may be applied over and near waterways. This label on the EcoVia line makes an excellent product for spider control on docks.
- Broader label: The Ecovia line of products does not have the label restrictions that pyrethroid insecticides have. School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- Conclusion: Many people think less of botanical/organic pest control measures and point out their failures. We find the major shortcoming is the duration of the residual action. But in the long run, the length of the residual activity is not a critical factor. For example, if you can kill off a population of spiders, you should not have a repopulation for several months. Keep in mind that all these activities are from plants that have evolved over millions of years to fight off disease and insects. Rockwell labs have developed a line of organic botanical products with plant oils to be highly effective.
- EcoVia botanicals (science and benefits)
Starting at: $37.50
Rockwell Lab's new broad spectrum insecticide is a research based botanical insecticide. It contains thyme oil and rosemary oil. This next generation NOP compliant product is an EPA exempt, FIFRA25-b organic essential oil insecticide. Unlike earlier generation essential oil insecticides, EcoVia EC mixes extraordinarily well in water and stays in solution meaning more consistent efficacy. EcoVia EC is a green solution to many insect problems such as ants, roaches, fleas, mosquitoes, ticks, spiders, wasps, stink bugs, bed bugs, aphids and more .EcoVia EC may be sprayed or used in fogging equipment.
In lab, field, and real world customer tests, EcoVia EC has been outstanding on a broad range of crawling, flying and sucking insects.Learn More
$51.20 As low as: $46.90
EcoVia G are granules from botanical active ingredients. EcoVia G is a part of the EcoVia line of products that provide green solutions and are broad spectrum insecticides. What makes EcoVia G stand out from the crowd among botanical granules is that it has very low use rates because of its high level of botanical active ingredients, making it a top-rated product against a broad spectrum of insects.Learn More
Starting at: $8.95ExciteR Insecticide pyrethrin concentrate contains 6% pyrethrins and Piperonyl Butoxide 60%. Excite R insecticide can be used alone in a fogger or pump sprayer, or as an additive to other insecticides such as permethrin or cypermethrin for a faster knock-down of insect pests. When used alone, ExciteR does not leave a long residual. Learn More
Starting at: $9.75
Essentia IC3 is based on botanical actives. Essentria IC3 as a minimum risk insecticide replaces the Eco Exempt IC2. Essentria IC3 has the adjuvant added as well as improvment of fragrance. Essentria IC3 is classified as a EPA FIFRA 25(b) exempt product and is NOP (National Organic Program) compliant.The active ingredient in Essentria products is a proprietary combination of plant essential oils. Essentria products use a combination of essential oils that match specific 'markers' in the target pest's central nervous systems. The results are natural insecticide compounds that provide fast knockdown and outstanding control of a wide range of insects. With Essentria, there is no compromise between control and safety profile.Learn More
Starting at: $53.99
EverGreen Pyrethrum Concentrate with 5.0%Pyrethrins is a botanical insecticide that is OMRI listed for organic production. As a broad spectrum insecticide, it may be used in sensitive areas for fast and effective control on such insects as roaches, ants, and store product pests. This pyrethrin based product (comes from chrysanthemum-like flowers) may be sprayed in food and non-food areas. EverGreen Pyrethrum Concentrate will provide an effective and fast control of insects including ants, cockroaches, and stored product pests with a quick knockdown.Learn More
Starting at: $56.00
Azera Insecticide is an organic, broad spectrum insecticide that combines two active ingredients to reach hard to kill insects. The botanical derived active ingredients not only provide a quick kill but regulates insect growth. It has multiple modes of action working by controlling insect growth, contact, and ingestion. It is an OMRI listed and a certified organic product for organic production. It kills both hard-bodied and soft-bodied insects ( 200 listed insects and over 200 growing crops). Azera Insecticide can be used alone or mixed in your tank with other insecticides, wetting agents, fungicides, adjuvants foliar fertilizers or acaricides. tank mixed with most other acaricides, insecticides, adjuvants, fungicides, wetting agents, and foliar fertilizers.Learn More
$68.90 As low as: $63.90
Mosquito Barrier is a very strong garlic formulation to repel mosquitoes. Mosquito Barrier is a natural formula that is safe for pets and children, but chases away mosquitoes. It is a perfect choice for special events such as cookouts and weddings to keep mosquitoes away. It will also repel fleas and ticks. The garlic has a natural sulfur which repels the insects, making it uncomfortable for these insects to be in the area sprayed. There will be a noticeable odor to humans after the first hour of application, but the smell will be undetectable to humans afterwards. It will retain its odor for mosquitoes and repel them from 24 hours to a month. As with all mosquito sprays (including pyrethrins), it will dissipate with a lot of rainfall.
One gallon will cover up to 5 acres and will not effect birds and beneficial insects such as honey bees and butterflies.Learn More