Organic Pest Control Products
The Science of Botanical Pesticides
Rockwell Labs, the leader in the developing science in botanical-organic insecticides, uses a combination of thyme, cinnamon, rosemary, lemongrass, and cloves to kill, flush and repel insects. Perhaps botanical-organic insecticides do not have the residual capabilities of synthetic pesticides, but their many benefits outweigh their drawbacks.
- Fast-Acting: Botanical-organic insecticides are fast-acting. There will be a much faster kill rate than the most common class of pest control chemicals (synthetic pyrethroids).
- Vapor-Action: The vapor action from botanicals is longer lasting than pyrethroids. This longer-lasting vapor action is an important point in mosquito control programs.
- Excellent Flushing: Botanical-Organic insectices have unique flushing capabilities. Flushing action is important in cockroach control, as you want to "flush-out" insects from their hiding areas. Botanical aerosols all come with a crack and crevice straw that will fit in crevices to provide both a quick knockdown and flushing action.
- No resistance: There is no known resistance to botanical/organic insecticides. Since bed bugs, roaches and flies build up resilience to some synthetic pyrethroids. This non-resistance quality is an added benefit.
- Safe near water: The Ecovia line of organic botanical that may be applied over and near waterways. This label on the EcoVia line makes an excellent product for spider control on docks.
- Broader label: The Ecovia line of products does not have the label restrictions that pyrethroid insecticides have. School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- Conclusion: Many people think less of botanical/organic pest control measures and point out their failures. We find the major shortcoming is the duration of the residual action. But in the long run, the length of the residual activity is not a critical factor. For example, if you can kill off a population of spiders, you should not have a repopulation for several months. Keep in mind that all these activities are from plants that have evolved over millions of years to fight off disease and insects. Rockwell labs have developed a line of organic botanical products with plant oils to be highly effective.
- EcoVia botanicals (science and benefits)
$51.20 As low as: $46.90
EcoVia G are granules from botanical active ingredients. EcoVia G is a part of the EcoVia line of products that provide green solutions and are broad spectrum insecticides. What makes EcoVia G stand out from the crowd among botanical granules is that it has very low use rates because of its high level of botanical active ingredients, making it a top-rated product against a broad spectrum of insects.Learn More
$68.90 As low as: $63.90
Mosquito Barrier is a very strong garlic formulation to repel mosquitoes. Mosquito Barrier is a natural formula that is safe for pets and children, but chases away mosquitoes. It is a perfect choice for special events such as cookouts and weddings to keep mosquitoes away. It will also repel fleas and ticks. The garlic has a natural sulfur which repels the insects, making it uncomfortable for these insects to be in the area sprayed. There will be a noticeable odor to humans after the first hour of application, but the smell will be undetectable to humans afterwards. It will retain its odor for mosquitoes and repel them from 24 hours to a month. As with all mosquito sprays (including pyrethrins), it will dissipate with a lot of rainfall.
One gallon will cover up to 5 acres and will not effect birds and beneficial insects such as honey bees and butterflies.Learn More
$13.58 As low as: $8.90
JT Eaton's Kills Bedbugs and Crawling Insects Powder not only kills bedbugs, but kills ants, boxelder bugs, cockroaches, crickets, fleas, silverfish, ticks, sowbugs, millipedes and houseflies that would be resting on treated surfaces.
How to use JT Eaton's Kills Bedbugs & Crawling Dust
This puffer bottle can be used by itself, but it is best used inside a hand duster with a plastic tip. This bedbug killer dust is applied to cracks and crevices where insects hide. When treating for bedbugs, pay attention to such places as mattress seams, bed foot boards, headboards, electrical outlets, cable outlets, picture frames, mirror frames, and electronics.Learn More
Starting at: $25.49
Bobbex-R Animal Repellent is a rabbit and small animal repellent (including groundhogs, chipmunks, squirrels, voles). It is made of a blend of natural ingredients that repel through smell and taste aversion. Use Bobbex-R in flower beds, low lying vegetation, gardens, and even on bulbs underground. If you spray it at the mouth of burrows and holes, it helps to prevent animal re-entry.Learn More
Starting at: $7.50
BorActin Insecticide Powder (Boric Acid) is a moisture-resistant dust used against a wide range of crawling insects. This dust does not "clump" easily and is applied as a dust well. Because heat does not affect it, BorActin will reman indefinitely. BorActin Insecticide Powder is considered a green pest control product since it's active ingredient (orthoboric acid) is a natural chemical. The toxicity in BorActin is low but it is important to follow all label instructions for complete safety.Learn More