Organic Pest Control Products
The Science of Botanical Pesticides
Rockwell Labs, the leader in the developing science in botanical-organic insecticides, uses a combination of thyme, cinnamon, rosemary, lemongrass, and cloves to kill, flush and repel insects. Perhaps botanical-organic insecticides do not have the residual capabilities of synthetic pesticides, but their many benefits outweigh their drawbacks.
- Fast-Acting: Botanical-organic insecticides are fast-acting. There will be a much faster kill rate than the most common class of pest control chemicals (synthetic pyrethroids).
- Vapor-Action: The vapor action from botanicals is longer lasting than pyrethroids. This longer-lasting vapor action is an important point in mosquito control programs.
- Excellent Flushing: Botanical-Organic insectices have unique flushing capabilities. Flushing action is important in cockroach control, as you want to "flush-out" insects from their hiding areas. Botanical aerosols all come with a crack and crevice straw that will fit in crevices to provide both a quick knockdown and flushing action.
- No resistance: There is no known resistance to botanical/organic insecticides. Since bed bugs, roaches and flies build up resilience to some synthetic pyrethroids. This non-resistance quality is an added benefit.
- Safe near water: The Ecovia line of organic botanical that may be applied over and near waterways. This label on the EcoVia line makes an excellent product for spider control on docks.
- Broader label: The Ecovia line of products does not have the label restrictions that pyrethroid insecticides have. School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- Conclusion: Many people think less of botanical/organic pest control measures and point out their failures. We find the major shortcoming is the duration of the residual action. But in the long run, the length of the residual activity is not a critical factor. For example, if you can kill off a population of spiders, you should not have a repopulation for several months. Keep in mind that all these activities are from plants that have evolved over millions of years to fight off disease and insects. Rockwell labs have developed a line of organic botanical products with plant oils to be highly effective.
- EcoVia botanicals (science and benefits)
Starting at: $8.95ExciteR Insecticide pyrethrin concentrate contains 6% pyrethrins and Piperonyl Butoxide 60%. Excite R insecticide can be used alone in a fogger or pump sprayer, or as an additive to other insecticides such as permethrin or cypermethrin for a faster knock-down of insect pests. When used alone, ExciteR does not leave a long residual. Learn More
Starting at: $9.75
Essentia IC3 is based on botanical actives. Essentria IC3 as a minimum risk insecticide replaces the Eco Exempt IC2. Essentria IC3 has the adjuvant added as well as improvment of fragrance. Essentria IC3 is classified as a EPA FIFRA 25(b) exempt product and is NOP (National Organic Program) compliant.The active ingredient in Essentria products is a proprietary combination of plant essential oils. Essentria products use a combination of essential oils that match specific 'markers' in the target pest's central nervous systems. The results are natural insecticide compounds that provide fast knockdown and outstanding control of a wide range of insects. With Essentria, there is no compromise between control and safety profile.Learn More
Starting at: $45.50
Azera Insecticide is an organic, broad spectrum insecticide that combines two active ingredients to reach hard to kill insects. The botanical derived active ingredients not only provide a quick kill but regulates insect growth. It has multiple modes of action working by controlling insect growth, contact, and ingestion. It is an OMRI listed and a certified organic product for organic production. It kills both hard-bodied and soft-bodied insects ( 200 listed insects and over 200 growing crops). Azera Insecticide can be used alone or mixed in your tank with other insecticides, wetting agents, fungicides, adjuvants foliar fertilizers or acaricides. tank mixed with most other acaricides, insecticides, adjuvants, fungicides, wetting agents, and foliar fertilizers.Learn More
Out of stock
Since Eco Pco WP-X is discontinued, please see alternative natural and organic productsLearn More
$41.24 As low as: $38.22
Out of stock
Harmonix Insect Spray is a non-synthetic, botanical insecticide. *Compared to other botanical spray insecticides, this innovative low-impact insecticide has a longer effective residual. It delivers a quick knockdown, lasting 28 days or longer on over 60 insect pests.Learn More
Starting at: $14.95
Bonide's All Seasons Horticultural Spray Oil Concentrate is used as an organic spray treatment in your home orchard or greenhouse for year round protection.
Bonide All Seasons Horticultural Spray Oil Concentrate uses an oil based ingredient of superior highly parafinic oil that is self-emulsifying with a spreader sticker. It wets and smothers pests and their eggs. This concentrate can be mixed with water and may be used to control over-wintering eggs of aphids, bud moths, leaf rollers, red bugs, codling moths, galls, red spiders, blisteer mites, white flies, mealy bugs and other listed insects.Learn More
$27.50 As low as: $25.90
Bonide Pyrethrin Garden Insect Spray #858 with natural pyrethrin provides a quick knockdown for many garden insects including aphids, beetles, webworms, leafhoppers, and more listed garden insects.
The active ingredient in Bonide's Pyrethrin Concentrate provides a rapid knockdown of insects, targeting the insect's central nervous system. Pyrethrin is a strong insect repellent yet has a low toxicity to warm blooded animals.
Pyrethrins originate from Chrysanthemum flowers, making it a natural ingredient. Bonide Pyrethrin Concentrate is environmentally friendly and decomposes quickly.Learn More