Organic Pest Control Products
The Science of Botanical Pesticides
Rockwell Labs, the leader in the developing science in botanical-organic insecticides, uses a combination of thyme, cinnamon, rosemary, lemongrass, and cloves to kill, flush and repel insects. Perhaps botanical-organic insecticides do not have the residual capabilities of synthetic pesticides, but their many benefits outweigh their drawbacks.
- Fast-Acting: Botanical-organic insecticides are fast-acting. There will be a much faster kill rate than the most common class of pest control chemicals (synthetic pyrethroids).
- Vapor-Action: The vapor action from botanicals is longer lasting than pyrethroids. This longer-lasting vapor action is an important point in mosquito control programs.
- Excellent Flushing: Botanical-Organic insectices have unique flushing capabilities. Flushing action is important in cockroach control, as you want to "flush-out" insects from their hiding areas. Botanical aerosols all come with a crack and crevice straw that will fit in crevices to provide both a quick knockdown and flushing action.
- No resistance: There is no known resistance to botanical/organic insecticides. Since bed bugs, roaches and flies build up resilience to some synthetic pyrethroids. This non-resistance quality is an added benefit.
- Safe near water: The Ecovia line of organic botanical that may be applied over and near waterways. This label on the EcoVia line makes an excellent product for spider control on docks.
- Broader label: The Ecovia line of products does not have the label restrictions that pyrethroid insecticides have. School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- Conclusion: Many people think less of botanical/organic pest control measures and point out their failures. We find the major shortcoming is the duration of the residual action. But in the long run, the length of the residual activity is not a critical factor. For example, if you can kill off a population of spiders, you should not have a repopulation for several months. Keep in mind that all these activities are from plants that have evolved over millions of years to fight off disease and insects. Rockwell labs have developed a line of organic botanical products with plant oils to be highly effective.
- EcoVia botanicals (science and benefits)
$49.50 As low as: $42.50
Out of stock
Invade Natural Clean cleans with natural microbes and without harsh chemicals. It combines premium microbes, natural essential oil and coconut soap to eliminate organic debris and odors. It has been formulated for locations that need to meet National Organic Program criteria.Learn More
Starting at: $9.50
Not only does Bonide's Boric Acid Roach Powder kill roaches, but also is an effective pest control tool against palmetto bugs, ants, waterbugs and silverfish. It is non-staining and odor free and can be used inside. This 98% boric acid dust is in a ready-to-use bottle. Use this roach powder under appliances, sinks, around drains, furniture, under shelf paper, on ledges and wherever roaches develop paths.Learn More
$107.98 As low as: $102.25
Rockwell Lab's Invade Bio-Remediation of the Invade Bio Sanitation line of microbial blend products to clean and deodorize organic waste in drain lines and grease traps. It contains high-quality super-concentrated microbes for a variety of applications. These microbes are organisms that digest and remove organic waste.Learn More
Starting at: $24.00
Bobbex Rose/Deer and Insect Repellent combines safe and natural ingredients to discourage deer from eating roses and repels such insects as mites, aphids, leafhoppers, greenflies and sawflies that may attack the roses.Learn More
$19.95 As low as: $13.95
Out of stock
Thuricide Bacillus Thuringiensis (BT) controls moth larvae (caterpillars), certain leaf eating worms and gypsy moths. As a liquid formulation of bacteria it won't harm beneficial insects.
Active Ingredient : Bacillus thuringiensis (BT) subspecies kurstaki strain SA-12 solids, spores and Lepidopteran active toxins (At least 6 million viable spores per mg) - 15.0%Learn More
$113.95 As low as: $95.50
EcoVia 3-in-1 Emulsifiable Concentrate is a FIFRA 25(b) Exempt Insecticide, botanical insecticide that is effective on a wide range of insect pests, mites, and fungi. This all natural and organic product is based on extensive scientific research with proven results in real situations in both conventional and organic productions.Learn More
Starting at: $12.50
Out of stock