Organic Pest Control Products
The Science of Botanical Pesticides
Rockwell Labs, the leader in the developing science in botanical-organic insecticides, uses a combination of thyme, cinnamon, rosemary, lemongrass, and cloves to kill, flush and repel insects. Perhaps botanical-organic insecticides do not have the residual capabilities of synthetic pesticides, but their many benefits outweigh their drawbacks.
- Fast-Acting: Botanical-organic insecticides are fast-acting. There will be a much faster kill rate than the most common class of pest control chemicals (synthetic pyrethroids).
- Vapor-Action: The vapor action from botanicals is longer lasting than pyrethroids. This longer-lasting vapor action is an important point in mosquito control programs.
- Excellent Flushing: Botanical-Organic insectices have unique flushing capabilities. Flushing action is important in cockroach control, as you want to "flush-out" insects from their hiding areas. Botanical aerosols all come with a crack and crevice straw that will fit in crevices to provide both a quick knockdown and flushing action.
- No resistance: There is no known resistance to botanical/organic insecticides. Since bed bugs, roaches and flies build up resilience to some synthetic pyrethroids. This non-resistance quality is an added benefit.
- Safe near water: The Ecovia line of organic botanical that may be applied over and near waterways. This label on the EcoVia line makes an excellent product for spider control on docks.
- Broader label: The Ecovia line of products does not have the label restrictions that pyrethroid insecticides have. School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- Conclusion: Many people think less of botanical/organic pest control measures and point out their failures. We find the major shortcoming is the duration of the residual action. But in the long run, the length of the residual activity is not a critical factor. For example, if you can kill off a population of spiders, you should not have a repopulation for several months. Keep in mind that all these activities are from plants that have evolved over millions of years to fight off disease and insects. Rockwell labs have developed a line of organic botanical products with plant oils to be highly effective.
- EcoVia botanicals (science and benefits)
Starting at: $24.00
Bobbex Rose/Deer and Insect Repellent combines safe and natural ingredients to discourage deer from eating roses and repels such insects as mites, aphids, leafhoppers, greenflies and sawflies that may attack the roses.Learn More
Starting at: $21.50
Deer Scram is a granular repellent to repel deer around vegetable gardens, fruit trees, and other outdoor plants. Deer Scram lasts up to 45 days. It will not wash away by rain, in fact, water enhances it. Deer Scram combines dried blood 39.3%, garlic 2.8%, white pepper 2.8% cloves 0.9%, and meat meal 54.2% for an all natural, organic product and may be applied in organic gardening.Learn More
Starting at: $19.95The Dr. T's Mosquito Repelling Granules are great for keeping mosquitos away from your yard and may be used in any area where mosquitos like to congregate and around people and pets. Dr. T's Mosquito Repelling Granules are easy to apply with the sprinkler cap or broadcast spreader. Learn More
Starting at: $12.50
Out of stock
Starting at: $18.30Snake-A-Way snake repellent is the only EPA-approved, university-tested and patented snake repellent on the market today. Snake-A-Way is a dry granular mixture which is easy to apply by lightly
sprinkling around homes, cabins, trailers, camp sites, and garages.
Can't be shipped to Ca
$22.50 As low as: $19.50
Dr.T's Snake Away Snake-A-Way Snake Repelling Spray combines all natural ingredients to repel and deter non-poisonous snakes, including corn and garter snakes. This ready-to-use snake repellent has a hose-end sprayer head to attach to your hose and spray in such areas as around houses, woodpiles, flowerbeds, barns, garages and other areas where these snakes may crawl. One quart covers 500 sq ft.Learn More
Starting at: $43.50Deer & Rabbit Off Repellent Concentrate-Deer & Rabbit Off Repellent Concentrate repels deer and rabbits by triggering the sensitive smell and taste of deer, rabbits, and squirrels. It has a dual deterrent works to trick the deer and rabbits to think that a predator is nearby and keeps these animals from eating the plants. Woodstream is in the process of moving this product from its Havahart brand to the Safer Brand. It is the same product but may say "Havahart Deer Off" on the label. Learn More
$12.75 As low as: $9.50
Out of stock
Essentria Bed Bug Repellent Travel Size has been discontinued by the manufacturer and we have a limited amount. As an alternative product, JT Eaton's Bed Bug Control For Luggage and Mattresses is recommended.This sized container (6 oz ) is not TSA compliant for carry on luggage. Learn More