Ornamec 170 Grass Herbicide
Ornamec 170 Grass Herbicide is a selective systemic weed killer, controlling perennial and annual grassy types of weeds. Ornamec 170 with 1.7 % Fluazifop-P-buytl with its combined surfactant is perfect for a small area to treat such as landscape beds. This post-emergent herbicide is applied as an "over the top" application for unwanted grasses without harming ornamental plants. Ornamec 170 stops such grasses as goosegrass, crabgrass, quackgrass, johnsongrass and many more.
Ornamec 170 Grass Herbicide works as a systemic, moving from the treated foliage to roots, shoots, stolans, rhizomes and growing points. The treated grass weeds will stop growing with yellowing, and loss of vigor (visible in 1-3 weeks) with eventual death occurring to the grass weed.
Annual and Perennial Grass Control in Ornamentals, Trees, Shrubs, and Groundcovers
Spray to obtain a good coverage, but not as much for a runoff. If rainfall is expected within one hour, do not spray. For full season control, repeat treatments may be necessary. Apply Oranamec 170 to the weeds before they exceed a certain growth stage (see label for specific uses and use rates).
- Broadcast-Annual grass species, use 6-9 oz per 1,000 sq ft.For perennial grass species, use 9 oz per 1000 sq ft. Do not use more than 27 oz/1000 sq ft per season.
- Spot Treatment-Mix Ornamec 170 with water and spray for good coverage.
- To make 24 oz of spray volume, add 3.5 tablespoons of Ornamec 170
- To make 32 oz of spray volume, add 2.5 oz (5 tablespoons)
- To make 1 gallon of spray volume, add 10 oz of Ornamec 170
Bemudagrass control in zoysiagrass and tall fescue turf.
It does have a label to control (suppress and eventually control) bemuda grass in tall fescue turf. There will be some temporary discoloration in the turf but will subside. The label does warn not to apply to tall fescue turf unless injury can be withstood.
Begin treatments for control of bermudagrass in zoysiagrass in late spring (as the bemuda grass starts to grow). At 30 day intervals, repeat treatment through the summer for growth suppression. If zoysiagrass is under stress, do not treat.
Although it will not control broadleaf weeds or sedges, it has more than 400 listed species of groundcovers, flowers, wildflowers, shrubs and trees listed on the label that may be treated with over the top application without risk of plant injury.
- It stops grass growth within 48 hours and death occurs within 1-3 weeks
- Selectively controls emerged listed annual and perennial grasses
- Eliminates hand-weeding to reduce labor costs
- Reduces risk of ornamental plant injury
- Requires no additional surfactant
- Is rain-fast one hour after application
- Stops grass growth in as little as 48 hours; kills grass within 1 to 3 weeks
- For larger areas or multiple applications, use the Ornamec Over-The-Top (OTT ).with 6.75% of the same active ingredient. You will need a separate surfactant with Ornmec OTT.