Ornamec Herbicide- Concentrate ( 32 oz )
Ornamec Herbicide with Fluazifop-P-butyl - 6.75% is an over-the-top (OTT) selective, systemic herbicide to control grassy types of weeds. These include such annual and perennial grasses as crabgrass, goosegrass, foxtail, barnyard grass, torpedograss, other many other listed grasses ( more than 400 species and plant varieties listed ) without the risk of plant injury. Ornamec Herbicide will suppress and eventually control bemuda grass without injuring fescue or zoysia turf. The label notes that there may be temporary signs of discoloration in the desirable turf, but they will subside. Do not apply to tall Fescue unless injury can be tolerated.
Over-The-Top Uses and Benefits
- Removes unwanted grasses from wildflower and evergreen beds.
- Control over unwanted grasses around landscape beds, shrubs, trees, grower nursery fields.
Application : Annual and Perennial Grass Control in Ornamentals, Nurseries, and Landscaping
- Mix Ornamec Herbicide at the rate of 2.5 oz with 0.3 fl oz of the attached nonionic surfactant to make 1 gallon of finished product (64-96 oz per acre with 0.25 vol of nonionic surfactant. This combination should be mixed in a hand pump sprayer with a hollow cone or flat fan nozzle (not a hose-end sprayer ) to cover 1,000 square feet. The label gives instructions for applying to acreage or for spot treatment. It is easier to measure out 1,000 sq feet at a time.
- Spray enough for good coverage, but not to the point of a runoff. If you expect rain within one hour, hold off on spraying. For full season long control repeat treatments may be necessary.
- Perennial grasses will need repeat treatments.
- Apply Ornamec on active growing weeds, but before they exceed recommended growth (see label for details)
- Avoid application of Ornamec on grasses that are stressed (lack of rain, high temperatures, low soil fertility, mechanical or chemical injury)
Ornamec Herbicide and Bermudagrass Control ln Tall Fescue Turf
- Ornamec Herbicide has a label to "suppress" and eventually kill Bermudagrass in Tall Fescue. It states that it will eventually kill this grass, but it may show slight discoloration to the desirable turfgrass. This discoloration is temporary, and discoloration will subside. Do not apply to tall fescue turf unless injury can be tolerated and follow the label directions.
- Spray 0.5 oz with 0.3 oz of nonionic surfactant to treat 1,000 square feet. In early spring, make your first application. The second application should be made in September/October. Avoid applications during the hot months of summer.
Ornamec Herbicide and Bermudagrass Control ln Zoysiagrass
- Late Spring: Use the spot treatment rate of 2.5 oz with 0.3 fl oz of nonionic surfactant per 1,000 square feet ( 12-16 oz per ace) . Spray at the beginning of June and repeat in 28-30 days
- Mid Summer: Spray 0.4 oz with 0.3 oz of surfactant in one gallon of water to treat 1,000 sq feet or 16-20 oz per acre. Temporary discoloration may occur to the turf.
- Late Summer: As a spot treatment, use 0.25 oz of Oranmec with .3 oz of surfactant with one gallon of water or 8-12 oz per acre.