How to Calibrate A Spreader
- In order to figure out how fast your granular product comes out, weigh out an amount of product to cover a specific size test area. We suggest a 200 sq ft test area. This will give you 1/5 of a 1,000 sq ft (most labels will provide you a quantity in lbs per 1,000 square feet.) For example Bifen LP says to use 5 lbs per 1,000 sq feet.
- In the Bifen LP example, you would use 1lb to cover 200 sq ft. To calibrate it, you would put 1 lb in the hopper of your spreader.
- Calculate (measure by measurement tools or step it off) a 200 sq ft and mark it.
- You walk with your pace with your spreader to get an effective width that it spreads the chemical. This may several trial runs to get effective width rate. For example, if you discover that 1 lb throws out 10 feet width you mark out 20 feet long. This is 10 x 20 feet to get 200 square feet.
- Test is 10 x 20 with a full lb of granulated product in your hopper.
- Push spreader 20 feet to evenly spread the product of 200 sq ft test area.
- Increase the setting number if there is still product in the hopper.
- If you you run out of product, decrease the setting number.
- You may want to remember this setting with this particular product for future reference.
$39.15 As low as: $37.35
Gordon's Spred-Rite G Spreader is a gravity-flow granular spreader for precise application of granulated herbicides and insecticides. It is very handy to target application around shrubs, trees, poles, edging with its adjustable band from 2 inches to 3 feet.Learn More
Birchmeier Granomax 5 over the shoulder spreader spreads fertilizers, granules, grass seed, rock salt, etc. It quickly and evenly spreads these granulated items with its spread head's unique design. It is effective in both broadcast or spot applications and has a five-stage rate control.Learn More
Chapin 8700A Chest-Mounted Spreader is handy to spread fertilizer and seed where other spreaders are difficult to manage. The hopper will hold up to 680 cubic inches and spread up to 35 lbs of seed or fertilizer. Mounted on the chest, it will spread where ever you can walk. It has an enclosed hopper to keep the seed and fertilizer dry. It has a gate adjustment to control the direction of the spread and a side baffle to control the spread width. The trigger controls the gate opening size in order to accommodate a variety of materials.
This hand crank spreader has a 1.6 liter/.3 gallon capacity with an easy crank design. It can be used for a variety of uses such as granular fertilizers, granular pesticides, granular ice-melt, salt and seed. This Chapin Hand Spreader is durable and lightweight. It has a hopper, thumb gate adjustment, trigger gate control and the gears are enclosed.
Even though the manufacturer says that this spreader would work on all granulated products, we have found some problems with some sand based granules that get caught up in the gear box. We normally suggest granule baits in this spreader. The granule baits are larger. For the sand base we would suggest the chest spreader.Learn More
$33.95 As low as: $30.50
Out of stock
Chapin SureSpread Bag Spreader # 84700A has an adjustable shoulder strap with a 25 lb capacity water resistant bag. Use it for granular fertilizers, granular pesticides or seed. This spreader is handy where push, broadcast or push spreaders for hard to reach areas. The enclosed gearbox will keep debris and excess material away from the gears. This useful feature helps to keep the spreader in top condition.
May be used around homes, gardens, farms, turf and landscape areas.Learn More
$87.50The Chapin 8001A 70-Pound Lawn Spreader produces an even spread pattern due to its SureSpread technology. This 70 lb spreader has a powder coated steel frame, adjustable gate with 30 gate settings for both seed and fertilizer. It has enclosed gears to withstand elements. Learn More
Out of stock
This professional spreader by Chapin has a 80 lb capacity hopper with edge control. Chapin's Professional Spreaders are well designed and sturdy enough for the landscape professional with all the features needed.Learn More