Pylon Miticide Insecticide SC (Suspension Concentrate)
Pylon Miticide Insecticide with the active ingredient, chlorfenapyr, is a broad spectrum miticide/insecticide suspension concentrate. It has low use rates, making it an economical choice for control of critical greenhouse pests. Pylon Miticide/Insecticide belongs to the pyrroles class of chemicals. It is the only one registered to control pests such as mites, insects, caterpillars, chilli thrips, and Western flower on ornamental plants.
- Use Rates: 2.6 – 10.0 fl. oz. per 100 gallons of water. For spider mites: 2.6- 5.2 oz per 100 gallons. See label for details of target pest and intended uses.
- REI: 12 hours
- PPE: Coveralls; chemical resistant gloves; shoes plus socks
How Pylon Miticide /Insecticide Works
Pylon Miticide/ Insecticide works by interfering with the with energy production in cells of the target insects, with resulting death of most pests in 72 hours.
Whenever possible, spray Pylon before blooming occurs and avoid spraying blooms to minimise injury to the plants. Refer to the product label for evaluation of crop safety in plants and apply at the coolest point of the day.
Application of Pylon should applied to immature stages of mites and insects. Since Pylon is not an ovicidal product, rotate Pylon with an ovicidal product specific to the pest when there is a moderate or high population of eggs.
Do not apply Pylon more than two consecutive applications before rotating to a chemical with a different mode of action.
- Provides 14 to 21 days of control, depending on the pest and pest population pressure
- Exceptional control of thrips, including Western flower and chilli thrips
- Rainfast in 60 minutes
- Broad-spectrum control of nymph and adult stages of mites
- Only registered product for foliar nematodes in greenhouses
- Mortality of most pests within 72 hours, except foliar nematodes
- Excellent translaminar activity