Quali-Pro Sedgemaster with Halosulfuron-methyl 75% controls nutsedge and broadleaf weeds as a selective post-emergent herbicide without injury to ornamentals and turfgrass. Apply Sedgemaster in both warm and cool season turf grasses (established lawns, ornamental turfgrass, landscaped areas, commercial and residential turfgrass), and non-crop sites (see label for list).
Best post-emergent control of broadleaf weeds is obtained if Sedgmaster is sprayed on small (1-3 inches in height), actively growing broadleaf weeds. It is best to control nutsedge plants at the 3-5 leaf stage of actively growing plants. See label for sequential and follow up treatment information. After an application, delay irrigation for 2-3 days. Do not spray on weeds that are diseased, stressed, suffer drought or undergoing insect damage.
How Sedgemaster Works
As a sulfonylurea herbicide, Sedgemaster in an ALS ( inhibition of acetolactate synthase). It stunts the growth of targeted weeds and the leaves start to discolor then die. Complete weed control is usually achieved between one to two weeks (depends on species, size and growing conditions for the variance)
Mixture of Sedgmaster water dispersible granules
- Mix 0.03 ounces (0.9 gram) of this product (using the measuring scoop provided) in 1 - 2 gallons of water to treat 1,000 sq. ft. Add 2 teaspoons (⅓ fluid ounce) of nonionic surfactant per gallon of water.
- See label for complete instructions.
- Easy to use WDG formulation
- Controls both yellow and purple nutsedge
- Can be used safely in both cool and warm season turfgrasses
- For use in established turfgrasses and woody ornamentals
- Stops sedge growth quickly followed by the death of the sedge
- Turfgrasses can be seeded after 7 days