As a post emergent and contact herbicide, QuickSilver T&O is a selective herbicide for tough broadleafs in most types of newly seeded, sodded or sprigged turfgrass. In particular, QuickSilver Herbicide has shown outstanding control against silvery thread moss on Bentgrass and Bermudagrass greens and tees.
QuickSilver T&O Herbicide
As a post emergent and contact herbicide, QuickSilver T&O is a selective herbicide for tough broadleafs in most types of newly seeded, sodded or sprigged turfgrass (see label for turf tolerance). In particular, QuickSilver Herbicide has shown outstanding control against silvery thread moss on Bentgrass and Bermudagrass greens and tees.
Systemic herbicides are ineffective against this moss due to its non-vascular structure. QuickSilver Herbicide excels in its control of silvery thread moss control on tees and greens. Statistics have shown a reduction of 90% of Silvery Thread Moss in just two applications, working with a broad range of environmental conditions.
How QuickSilver Works
Its active ingredient, Carfentrazone-ethyl( 21.3%) inhibits a key enzyme in chlorophyll production and leaves very little residual behind (will not effect reseeding) and is rainfast within one hour of application. QuickSilver does not impact earthworms with minimum chance to harm honeybees, parasites, and predators. QuickSilver will allow a fast reestablishment of healthy turf quickly.
QuickSilver is a rapid acting herbicide. After it penetrates the plant cells, damaged symptoms appear on the sprayed weeds in a day or less. Dessiccation or death occurs within 1-2 weeks after application.
- Spray Coverage- To get maximum effectiveness, spray enough volume for a uniform coverage with droplets smaller than 400 microns. Use spray volumes of 20-125 gallons per acre (0.5-4.0 gallons per 1,000 square feet). If uniform coverage is difficult to obtain, or there is a dense weed population, use higher spray volumes.
- Spot Treatments for listed weeds except moss- Use 0.03 (0.9 milliters) in 1-2 gallons of water to treat 1,000 square feet for spot treating weeds, other than moss.
- Silvery Thread Moss- Use 6.7 oz per acre (0.154 fluid ounces per 1000 square feet) to control silvery thread. Follow up with second application
- Adjuvants/Surfactants-For weeds that have difficult to wet surfaces, use an adjuvant (check label for turf tolerance with selected adjuvant) to increase effectiveness.
- See label for complete instructions.
|Active Ingredient (s)||Carfentrazone-ethyl 21.3%|
|For Use :||
Quicksilver Herbicide is for use in rights-of-ways, industrial and utility areas, fencerows, rangeland, paved areas, site preperation and permanent grass pastures.
Turf Grass Tolerance
|Yield||53 to 400 finished gallons|
|Mixture|Application||Use 0.6 to 4.5 ml. per 1000 square feet|