Keep Mice Out
Mouse exclusion can be done at any time of the year, with or without mice inside the building. All entry points outside from ¼ inch up should be blocked with copper mesh (Stuf-Fit). Copper mesh works better than steel wool because it will not rust. Another product to mouse proof buildings is PUR Black Gun Foam. This expandable foam which bonds to surfaces. It is ideal in cracks or voids where rodents may enter.
Close Entry Points
- Entry points include dryer vents, plumbing, electric outlets, fireplaces, etc. Close openings over 1/4", particularly around windows and doors.
- Tighten seals around pipes, drains and vents.
- All tree limbs should be trimmed so that there are no limbs overhanging or touching it.
- All shrubbery should be trimmed to at least 18 inches away from the building.
- Wood piles or other hiding places should not be close to the building.
- Remove water and food sources.
Remove water and food sources.
Keep tight lids on garbage.
Store pet food in tight fitting containers.
Keep kitchen clean.
Starting at: $17.99
Xcluder Fill Fabric is an exclusion fabric used by professional nuisance control and pest control operators. It is composed of stainless steel and poly fibers. This blend of materials gives it an extra "spring back", allowing for easier fitting in crevices and the ability to stay in place well.Learn More
$43.44 As low as: $40.95
Just to get you started in your rodent exclusion program, this simple kit has it all.
- 4" x 10' roll of Xcluder Stainless Steel Fill Fabric
- A set of gloves for safe handling
- Convenient pair of utility scissors for easy cutting
$28.00 As low as: $20.58
PUR Black Foam will expand and bond on surfaces to seal voids, cracks and crevices where rodents or insects may enter structures. It wil also seal and stop the passage of air, gases, water, dust fibers, sound and odors.Pur-Black Foam by Todol for the Pageris foam gun is a closed cell, moisture curing, polyurethane foam. A carbon has been added to the formulation to blacken the polyurethane resin. Learn More
Starting at: $17.95
Stuf-Fit Copper Mesh Wool
Stuf Fit Copper Mesh Wool is handy mesh wool in rolls, used for rodent and bird exclusion. As the name suggests, you simply stuff it into openings where rodents or birds may enter. The copper weave is difficult for rodents to chew through; rodents may chew through steel wool. In addition steel wool will rust and stain brick, siding and stucco.
Used For Rodent Exclusion
When excluding rodents, look for openings smaller than 2 " in order to seal them with Stuf- Fit. It is recommended if the the opening is larger than 2 ", repair with standard building materials.
- To be used for rodent and bird exclusion.
- STUF-FIT is a copper mesh (no rust) cloth that is stuffed into openings, packed tightly into cracks or holes for exclusion of pest such as rodents and birds.
- STUF-FIT Copper mesh works better than steel wool because of the way that it is woven, making it difficult for rodents to chew through.
- A small amount of STUF-FIT Copper mesh placed in weepholes, vents, A/C pipe entrances, etc. that are smaller than 2" will help to keep rodents and birds out.
- If the opening is larger than 2 inches, it is recommended to be repaired properly with building materials.
- Stuf-Fit can be tacked, stapled or glued into any openings where it is needed. Each roll is 6 inches wide, double folded and 100 or 400 ft long.
- Pure copper so it won't rust or stain brick, siding, or stucco
- Made from 100% Electrilytic Tough Pitch (ETP) copper. Contains no recycled copper so it is the purest strongest copper in the world.