Two Methods for Mouse Control
There are two successful methods used in mouse control:
Mouse Control Products
We carry a full line of mice bait, mice traps, mouse bait stations, mouse inspection tools, animal repellents and mouse exclusion materials.
Continue Reading : Mouse Control
Starting at: $88.32
Mice Combo Trap/ Bait Kits combine three types of professional traps, mouse lure attractant, and one type of disposable bait station (bait included) in one kit for a greater selection. At times trapping and or baiting mice require a variety of traps and baits for successful mice control. Not one method works all the time successfully, so a combination of types of traps and a rodent bait will ensure success. Place these traps and bait stations in areas where the mice have been observed.Learn More
Combine Takedown Soft Bait (4 lbs) and Detex Soft Bait with Lumitrack as a perfect solution when using soft baits. Takedown with bromethalin (fast acting, non-anticoagulant neurotoxin) works quickly against rodents with results seen in a couple of days. However, sometimes rodents are shy of the active ingredient, bromethalin. There is a procedure called "pre-baiting" that can help solve this characteristic drawback. The Detex Soft Bait is a non-toxic bait with Lumitrack (rodents' droppings glow under a UV light) that is a highly palatable bait. As a non-toxic bait, Detex is useful as a monitoring tool and a pre-bait option.Learn More
JT Eaton's Nectus 2G Soft Bait is a second generation bait (single feed bait for a lethal dosage). Nectus is a soft bait containing 005% Bromadiolone. Made of oil scented compounds, this is moist, tasty and palatable rodent bait. It is especially suited for rodents which are reluctant to take other baits and for places where there is a source of competing food. It is even more palatable than food material found in food warehouses and stables. The moisture content in Nectus 2G Second Generation makes in an ideal bait for use indoors where water is not as available to rodents.Learn More
Starting at: $121.55
Combine Protecta Ambush Rat Bait Stations with Nectus 2G Soft Bait for greater savings. The Proteca Ambush Stations are large enough for both rats and mice.
JT Eaton Nectus 2G Second Generation Rodenticide -16 lbs (656 soft pouches) is a soft bait containing 005% Bromadiolone. Made of oil scented compounds, this is moist, tasty and palatable rodent bait. It is especially suited for rodents which are reluctant to take other baits and for places where there is a source of competing food.Learn More
Starting at: $5.03
T1 Mouse is a pre-baited disposable mice bait station. Each station contains a one-ounce block of Bromethalin - a single feed rodenticide. This disposable tier 1 bait station has enough poison to kill 10-20 mice. The EPA classifies this station as T1, the highest level of tamper-resistance according to their standards. The station is tamper resistant to both children and pets. With a clear lid, you can monitor the bait to see if it is gone or how much has been eaten.Packaging : 1-oz. block pre-loaded in each tamper-resistant station /4 stations per boxLearn More
$7.02 As low as: $3.25
Protecta Evo Mouse Bait Station is much like Bell Lab's RTU bait station but holds twice as many blox baits. It also has a single key for quick entry. Place these mouse bait stations along runways, around the perimeter, in doorways, under pallets or anywhere the mouse are running.Learn More
Starting at: $82.49Contrac Blox is a single feed bait rodent bait (Bromadilone) that is weather resistant. Contrac Blox is an excellent clean-out and maintenance bait to control mice and rats, including warfarin-resistant Norway rats. California has placed Contrac Blox in a restricted use category. We can not ship Contrac to California without a pest control license. If you are a pest control operator or a certified applicator in California, please call us with your license number. Other single feed baits (non anticoagulants), such as Gladiator, Top Gun, Fastrac, and Terad3 are available in all states. Learn More
$118.98 As low as: $99.87
Contrac Meal Rodent Bait is a combination of seeds and grains that mice find attractive. Superior bait performance occurs with Contrac Meal because of the formulation of food-grade ingredients, seeds and grains.Learn More
$5.15 As low as: $1.75
Trapper Hidden Kill Mouse Trap is a disposable mouse trap that quickly captures mice without a mess. This discrete mouse trap by Bell Labs has a stealthy, low-profile design that will blend with its environment for careful and strategic placement of mice traps. It will capture mice in a fully enclosed area. With a two-way entry, it allows mice to enter in two directions. Baiting with a removable bait cup is easy with Hidden Kill Mouse Trap. The disposal of the mouse is made easy with its easy no touch disposal.Learn More
- One advantage of trapping mice is that it is safer than using rodent baits around children and pets. There is also immediate results with trapping and avoidance of a possible dead rodent odor caused by the use of rodenticides.We carry snap traps, glue traps and multiple mice traps.
- The disadvantage of trapping is the labor involved. Trapping requires more work than simply placing out bait. In both cases, however it is important to inspect, make sure the surrounding areas are clean and exlude rodent entry points.
- For those that want humane traps, we carry the Victor Tin Cat, Tip Top Trap, or Little Pete. These traps enable the mouse to go in and get trapped, without killing them .
- Wearing gloves, dispose of mice outside. If you have closed off all entry points, you don't have to worry about it re-entering the structure. It may be difficult to close off all entry points, however, so dispose the live mouse far away from the structure. The mouse snap traps are considered by many to be a humane way to kill mice, since the kill is very quick without suffering. Glue Boards are the least humane way to kill mice.
- The key to success when trapping is being aggressive and placing several mouse traps where mice have high activity. The greatest mistake in trapping mice, is an underestimation of the mice population. You can never have enough traps.
- To lure a mouse to a mouse trap, use an attractant such as Provoke Mouse Attractant by placing it on the trap.
If the mouse or rodent population is so large, that the labor of placing traps and time and cost involved can not solve the mouse problem, use rodent baits. Using rodent baits instead of trapping is an easier solution for some people. Placing out mice bait involves less work, and can be cheaper, depending on the population.
For above ground bait placement, use rodent bait stations.
- Place mouse bait in tamper resistant mouse bait stations throughout the mice infested area, spacing 8- 12 feet apart.
- The EPA requires that bait be placed in tamper resistant bait stations to protect people and unintended animals from accidentally eating the bait.
- Mice continue their normal activity until the bait takes affect, so it is not possible to determine where it will die.
- Bait is like food to mice so they seek it.
- Mice Baiting Tips
It is very important to inspect mouse activity before beginning any mouse control program. Look for rub marks, droppings, foot prints, ect.
- Commensal Rodent Identification
- Click on Rodent Inspection for or more information. We carry UV black light and non-toxic tracking powder for easy inspection.
Exclusion by blocking structural entry points with copper mesh is typically used in combination with trapping and baiting for maximum effect.
Another exlclusion tool is a foam that seals in an resists the sunlight breaking it down. PUR Black Foam Gun is such a product.PUR Black Foam will expand and bond on surfaces to seal voids, cracks and crevices where rodents, bats, birds, squirrels or insects may enter structures. It wil also seal and stop the passage of air, gases, water, dust fibers, sound and odors. It is a polyurethane and moisture curing foam.
The house mouse is the most common mice that invade homes in the USA. Occasionally, the deer mouse, white-footed mouse, harvest mouse and pocket mice will invade structures that are in rural or wooded areas.
Originally from central Asia, it was transported by ships to the USA by early trade merchants. The House Mouse is extremely adaptable and capable of survival in many environments. This mouse is small, with a slender body. It weighs between 1/2 oz to 1 oz. It has a pointed snout with large ears. The tail is uniformly dark with light brown or gray fur. The fur is smooth. Their droppings are small and rod shaped. Mice prefer cereal grains and are omnivorous. They can survive without free water, gathering their water from foods. Mice are nibblers and are inquisitive by nature. They can swim and are excellent climbers. They breed all year long, having about 8 litters per year with 4-7 young per litter. Their life span is about a year.
The urine in mice has a protein in it that can trigger serious cases of asthma and allergies rhinitis. The mice urinate frequently along their paths covering many areas.
The Hanta Virus carried by the Deer Mouse primarily has been a concern in the southwestern states.
More Information: Get Rid of Mice