Two Methods for Mouse Control
There are two successful methods used in mouse control:
Mouse Control Products
We carry a full line of mice bait, mice traps, mouse bait stations, mouse inspection tools, animal repellents and mouse exclusion materials.
Continue Reading : Mouse Control
Starting at: $13.50
Humane Mouse Trap
Victor Tin Cat Repeating Mouse Traps comes in two models, a clear top (M308)and a solid top (Model 310). This galvanized repeating mousetrap can be used around food, water, children, and pets. The Victor Tin Cat Repeating Mouse Trap has a low profile goes where wind up traps can't fit.
- Patented escape proof mechanism, made in the USA.
- Packaging: singles and case(12 per case)
- Dimensions: 10.25\" x 6.25\" x 1.75\"
- Do Not Place Clear Tops Not in direct sunlight.
$4.58 As low as: $1.42
Trapper Mouse Glue Trays are "tray type" glue traps that have a strong adhesive for trapping and hold mice securely on the trap. Not only does Trapper Mouse Glue Trays have strong glue, but it has a low profile, allowing the mice to move onto the traps. Once it steps on the trap, the strong adhesive will trap the mouse with just contact.Learn More
$27.95 As low as: $22.00
Out of stock
Detour Professional Grade Barrier Sealant (formerly called Detour for Rodents) is an all natural bio-repellent that detours or drives rodents and insects away from targeted areas. Detour is a Fifra EPA 25b exempt product.Learn More
$27.10 As low as: $21.25Victor glue boards(M309) to fit in Victor Tin Cat traps.(4 in X 9.5 in )
Packaging: 72 boards per boxLearn More
Starting at: $31.40
Catchmaster 72MB Mouse/Insect Glue Boards are made of a very high quality glue that ensures the "stickiness". The Catchmaster 72MB are pre-baited with peanut butter to attract mice or insects. As long as the glue remains dust-dirt free, it will last a long time. Place them in corners, along baseboards and walls, behind appliances, or any area where the mice or insects are traveling. They are disposable after you catch them.Learn More
Starting at: $0.55
Mouse Glue Board Traps-5.5" x 7.5" mice glue boards. Each Trapper Max Mouse Glue Board Trap can be folded into a triangle or used as a flat trap. An excellent combination of performance and value, Bell uses exclusive prebaited glue formulations that are vigorously tested to ensure maximum holding power for the highest possible capture rates. Strict standards ensure the highest quality glues every time.Packaging: singles boards(72 boards per box)Learn More
$9.00 As low as: $3.49Non Toxic Glue Traps for Mice and Rats.Ideal for unheated basements, warehouses, garages, walk in refrigerators. Unlike most glue traps, the specially formulated adhesive used for this trap is 100% effective in temperatures as low as 0 F. Learn More
$8.78 As low as: $6.90
Out of stock
Little Pete Multiple Catch Mouse Trap is made of metal and measures 2 x 3.8 x 10.5 inches . It is slim enough with its low profile design to fit under furniture, pallets and large equipment. No bait is needed, according to manufacturer, but it would increase the likelihood to catch the first mouse with some vanilla extract placed just inside the entrance hole. After the first mouse enters, others like to follow. It will hold up to ten mice. For easy inspection, use JT Eaton's 166 Glue Boards inside the traps.Learn More
$28.50 As low as: $19.00
Trapper MC Glue Boards catch both insects and mice. They are designed to be used in the Protecta Multi-Catch Trap and the Protecta Pest Monitor. These glue boards may be used in traps or alone. Glue boards in conjunction with traps are great for situations where poisons are prohibited or discouraged.Learn More
- One advantage of trapping mice is that it is safer than using rodent baits around children and pets. There is also immediate results with trapping and avoidance of a possible dead rodent odor caused by the use of rodenticides.We carry snap traps, glue traps and multiple mice traps.
- The disadvantage of trapping is the labor involved. Trapping requires more work than simply placing out bait. In both cases, however it is important to inspect, make sure the surrounding areas are clean and exlude rodent entry points.
- For those that want humane traps, we carry the Victor Tin Cat, Tip Top Trap, or Little Pete. These traps enable the mouse to go in and get trapped, without killing them .
- Wearing gloves, dispose of mice outside. If you have closed off all entry points, you don't have to worry about it re-entering the structure. It may be difficult to close off all entry points, however, so dispose the live mouse far away from the structure. The mouse snap traps are considered by many to be a humane way to kill mice, since the kill is very quick without suffering. Glue Boards are the least humane way to kill mice.
- The key to success when trapping is being aggressive and placing several mouse traps where mice have high activity. The greatest mistake in trapping mice, is an underestimation of the mice population. You can never have enough traps.
- To lure a mouse to a mouse trap, use an attractant such as Provoke Mouse Attractant by placing it on the trap.
If the mouse or rodent population is so large, that the labor of placing traps and time and cost involved can not solve the mouse problem, use rodent baits. Using rodent baits instead of trapping is an easier solution for some people. Placing out mice bait involves less work, and can be cheaper, depending on the population.
For above ground bait placement, use rodent bait stations.
- Place mouse bait in tamper resistant mouse bait stations throughout the mice infested area, spacing 8- 12 feet apart.
- The EPA requires that bait be placed in tamper resistant bait stations to protect people and unintended animals from accidentally eating the bait.
- Mice continue their normal activity until the bait takes affect, so it is not possible to determine where it will die.
- Bait is like food to mice so they seek it.
- Mice Baiting Tips
It is very important to inspect mouse activity before beginning any mouse control program. Look for rub marks, droppings, foot prints, ect.
- Commensal Rodent Identification
- Click on Rodent Inspection for or more information. We carry UV black light and non-toxic tracking powder for easy inspection.
Exclusion by blocking structural entry points with copper mesh is typically used in combination with trapping and baiting for maximum effect.
Another exlclusion tool is a foam that seals in an resists the sunlight breaking it down. PUR Black Foam Gun is such a product.PUR Black Foam will expand and bond on surfaces to seal voids, cracks and crevices where rodents, bats, birds, squirrels or insects may enter structures. It wil also seal and stop the passage of air, gases, water, dust fibers, sound and odors. It is a polyurethane and moisture curing foam.
The house mouse is the most common mice that invade homes in the USA. Occasionally, the deer mouse, white-footed mouse, harvest mouse and pocket mice will invade structures that are in rural or wooded areas.
Originally from central Asia, it was transported by ships to the USA by early trade merchants. The House Mouse is extremely adaptable and capable of survival in many environments. This mouse is small, with a slender body. It weighs between 1/2 oz to 1 oz. It has a pointed snout with large ears. The tail is uniformly dark with light brown or gray fur. The fur is smooth. Their droppings are small and rod shaped. Mice prefer cereal grains and are omnivorous. They can survive without free water, gathering their water from foods. Mice are nibblers and are inquisitive by nature. They can swim and are excellent climbers. They breed all year long, having about 8 litters per year with 4-7 young per litter. Their life span is about a year.
The urine in mice has a protein in it that can trigger serious cases of asthma and allergies rhinitis. The mice urinate frequently along their paths covering many areas.
The Hanta Virus carried by the Deer Mouse primarily has been a concern in the southwestern states.
More Information: Get Rid of Mice