Two Methods for Mouse Control
There are two successful methods used in mouse control:
Mouse Control Products
We carry a full line of mice bait, mice traps, mouse bait stations, mouse inspection tools, animal repellents and mouse exclusion materials.
Continue Reading : Mouse Control
$7.90 As low as: $6.50Provoke Mouse Attractant has a food matrix designed to provoke mice to the trap. Provoke Mouse Attractant is used by placing a small amount on your mouse traps for an exceptional lure.Provoke Mouse Attractant is hypo-allergenic and non staining.
Packaging: 1 unit= 2 ouncesLearn More
Starting at: $88.50
Resolv Soft Bait, with Bromadiolone, is a single feed bait using soft bait technology. It has a high bait acceptance with an aroma of food grade oil and grains escaping through the soft pouches. Many professionals have found greater success in rodent bait acceptance with soft baits over the standard block baits with their wax coating. If you are looking to save money and want to use a soft bait that is just as effective, we recommend J. T. Eaton's new bait called Nectus 2G Soft Bait.Learn More
Starting at: $12.25
Out of stock
Evac Botanical Rodent Repellent - Keeps Rodents Out Naturally
This all natural, botanical rodent repellent is made so it repels rodents. Even though the pine scent in Evac may be pleasant to us, it repels rodents. It is made with balsam fir oil, fragrance oil and plant fibers, conveniently packaged in a granular form in 2.5 oz pouches.
Even though Evac Rodent Repellent is registered with the EPA, it is classified as a "reduced risk", green product that does not require the signal word "caution" on its product label.Learn More
Starting at: $12.50
Repel mice naturally with a repellent that contains essential oils. It will not kill the mice, but No Escape Mouse Magic is designed to repel them. They are packaged in packs that look like tea bags. Place these No Escape Mouse Magic repellent packs in areas that the mice are running, feeding or nesting.Learn More
$8.78 As low as: $6.90
Little Pete Multiple Catch Mouse Trap is made of metal and measures 2 x 3.8 x 10.5 inches . It is slim enough with its low profile design to fit under furniture, pallets and large equipment. No bait is needed, according to manufacturer, but it would increase the likelihood to catch the first mouse with some vanilla extract placed just inside the entrance hole. After the first mouse enters, others like to follow. It will hold up to ten mice. For easy inspection, use JT Eaton's 166 Glue Boards inside the traps.Learn More
$14.95 As low as: $7.49Odor Destroyer, one can treats a 20 feet x 20 feet room. Odor Destroyer quickly eliminates malodors exam rooms, waiting rooms, grooming and bathing areas. Commercial strength deodorizer, destroys malodors by breaking down molecular structures. Learn More
- One advantage of trapping mice is that it is safer than using rodent baits around children and pets. There is also immediate results with trapping and avoidance of a possible dead rodent odor caused by the use of rodenticides.We carry snap traps, glue traps and multiple mice traps.
- The disadvantage of trapping is the labor involved. Trapping requires more work than simply placing out bait. In both cases, however it is important to inspect, make sure the surrounding areas are clean and exlude rodent entry points.
- For those that want humane traps, we carry the Victor Tin Cat, Tip Top Trap, or Little Pete. These traps enable the mouse to go in and get trapped, without killing them .
- Wearing gloves, dispose of mice outside. If you have closed off all entry points, you don't have to worry about it re-entering the structure. It may be difficult to close off all entry points, however, so dispose the live mouse far away from the structure. The mouse snap traps are considered by many to be a humane way to kill mice, since the kill is very quick without suffering. Glue Boards are the least humane way to kill mice.
- The key to success when trapping is being aggressive and placing several mouse traps where mice have high activity. The greatest mistake in trapping mice, is an underestimation of the mice population. You can never have enough traps.
- To lure a mouse to a mouse trap, use an attractant such as Provoke Mouse Attractant by placing it on the trap.
If the mouse or rodent population is so large, that the labor of placing traps and time and cost involved can not solve the mouse problem, use rodent baits. Using rodent baits instead of trapping is an easier solution for some people. Placing out mice bait involves less work, and can be cheaper, depending on the population.
For above ground bait placement, use rodent bait stations.
- Place mouse bait in tamper resistant mouse bait stations throughout the mice infested area, spacing 8- 12 feet apart.
- The EPA requires that bait be placed in tamper resistant bait stations to protect people and unintended animals from accidentally eating the bait.
- Mice continue their normal activity until the bait takes affect, so it is not possible to determine where it will die.
- Bait is like food to mice so they seek it.
- Mice Baiting Tips
It is very important to inspect mouse activity before beginning any mouse control program. Look for rub marks, droppings, foot prints, ect.
- Commensal Rodent Identification
- Click on Rodent Inspection for or more information. We carry UV black light and non-toxic tracking powder for easy inspection.
Exclusion by blocking structural entry points with copper mesh is typically used in combination with trapping and baiting for maximum effect.
Another exlclusion tool is a foam that seals in an resists the sunlight breaking it down. PUR Black Foam Gun is such a product.PUR Black Foam will expand and bond on surfaces to seal voids, cracks and crevices where rodents, bats, birds, squirrels or insects may enter structures. It wil also seal and stop the passage of air, gases, water, dust fibers, sound and odors. It is a polyurethane and moisture curing foam.
The house mouse is the most common mice that invade homes in the USA. Occasionally, the deer mouse, white-footed mouse, harvest mouse and pocket mice will invade structures that are in rural or wooded areas.
Originally from central Asia, it was transported by ships to the USA by early trade merchants. The House Mouse is extremely adaptable and capable of survival in many environments. This mouse is small, with a slender body. It weighs between 1/2 oz to 1 oz. It has a pointed snout with large ears. The tail is uniformly dark with light brown or gray fur. The fur is smooth. Their droppings are small and rod shaped. Mice prefer cereal grains and are omnivorous. They can survive without free water, gathering their water from foods. Mice are nibblers and are inquisitive by nature. They can swim and are excellent climbers. They breed all year long, having about 8 litters per year with 4-7 young per litter. Their life span is about a year.
The urine in mice has a protein in it that can trigger serious cases of asthma and allergies rhinitis. The mice urinate frequently along their paths covering many areas.
The Hanta Virus carried by the Deer Mouse primarily has been a concern in the southwestern states.
More Information: Get Rid of Mice