Two Methods for Mouse Control
There are two successful methods used in mouse control:
Mouse Control Products
We carry a full line of mice bait, mice traps, mouse bait stations, mouse inspection tools, animal repellents and mouse exclusion materials.
Continue Reading : Mouse Control
$112.25 As low as: $107.85
Contrac Meal Rodent Bait is a combination of seeds and grains that mice find attractive. Superior bait performance occurs with Contrac Meal because of the formulation of food-grade ingredients, seeds and grains.Learn More
$93.55 As low as: $90.89
Contrac Meal Place Packs are conveniently packaged in pre-measured place pacs. They the bait inside fresh and free from contaminates. As with other Contrac products from Bell Labs, Contrac Meal Place Packs have great bait acceptance. The meal baits are not as weatherable as the blox and pellet forms, but contain food-grade ingredients, grains and seeds that entice rodents to eat it.Learn More
$68.95 As low as: $64.50
JT Eaton Top Gun Bromethalin #754- Place Packs (128 x .5 oz )
Top Gun Place Packs, like Top Gun Blocks are made to kill rats and house mice very quickly. The active ingredient, Bromethalin is a neurological bait with less of a tendency to second hand poisoning. As a fast acting bait, it kills rodent in just a couple of days.
Top Gun also has a stop feeding feature in order to conserve bait. Rodents only eat enough to get one lethal dose. In order to discourage children and pets from eating this bait, it contains bitrex. Even though the bait contains bitrex, always use tamper-resistant bait stations around children and pets.Learn More
$95.98 As low as: $92.50
Contrac is an bromadiolone rodenticide, known for its high bait acceptance with rodents. Contrac is a single feed bait that would work well for either servere or moderate rodent infestations.
Contrac Pellets are in easy to use place pacs (pre-measured polyglassine place pacs). These pacs hold up well in moist conditions and keep the bait fresh.(California has placed all second generation anticoagulant rodenticides in a restricted use category. We can not ship Contrac or Final rodenticides to California without a pest control license. If you are a pest control operator in California, please call use with your license number.
Other single feed baits (non anticoagulants), such as Top Gun, Fastrac, and Terad3 are available in all states.) Learn More
$127.46 As low as: $123.50
Contrac Pellets in place packs is a single feeding anticoagulant bait with Bromadiolone. Pellets give the rodent and opportunity to gnaw, and they hold up well in moist surroundings. As all of the products in the Contrac line of rodent baits, there is outstanding bait acceptance and a long shelf life. The polyglassine place pacs keep bait fresh and free from contaminating odors. The slender place pacs can be used in bait stations along rodent runways and in hard-to-reach locations. Packs can be opened also, and loose pellets poured down burrows. Of all of the single-feeding anticoagulants, Contrac is less toxic to non-targeted animals in primary and secondary poisoning scenarios. The antidote for Bromadiolone is Vitamin K1, and it is readily available. There is a time factor for the administration of Vitamin K1.Learn More
$68.50 As low as: $66.50Fastrac Pellets are some of the fastest acting rodent baits (Bromethalin). Fastrac comes in blox form and pellets form. Fastrac is a non-anticoagulant and highly effective on rodents.Fastrac has no bait shyness or resistance and has a very quick kill, killing rats and mice in one or two days. It has a stop feed action allowing more kills with less bait, saving you money. This bromethalin formulation has an high acceptance among rodent populations. The pellets hold up in moist conditions.
Packaging: 121 x 0.53 oz (15 g) Place Pacs Learn More
$142.50 As low as: $128.95Final Place Packs with brodifacoum kill warfarin resistant rats and mice. With Final Place Packs , rats and house mice may consume a lethal dose in one night's feeding with the first dead rodents appearing four or five days after feeding begins. Rodents open the Final place pacs with their gnawing. Effective on both rats and mice, Final Rodenticide works especially well to clean out persistent mouse infestations where control is difficult or resistance is suspected.
Packaging : 291 x 25 gram packs Learn More
Contrac mouse and rat bait is a single feeding anticoagulant rodent bait; rodents ingest a lethal dosage in one feeding. The active ingredient is Bromadiolone, which controls Warfarin -resistant rats. This packaging of Contrac pellets is commonly used in industrial or commercial areas. The pellets are a blue color for easy identification as a non-food item. Contrac Pellets may be used in meat and poultry plants.
Contrac Pellets- AdvantagesLearn More
$46.25 As low as: $43.50
Out of stockLike Terad3 BLOX, Terad3 Pellets offers the low hazard benefits of the active ingredient, Vitamin D3, in a pelleted bait. Terad 3 with Vitamin D3 kills anticoagulant-resistant rats and mice yet substantially reduces the risk of secondary poisoning.It also poses low toxicity to birds.No secondary poisoning for birds of prey.
Packaging : Terad3 Pellets-6 lbs. Learn More
- One advantage of trapping mice is that it is safer than using rodent baits around children and pets. There is also immediate results with trapping and avoidance of a possible dead rodent odor caused by the use of rodenticides.We carry snap traps, glue traps and multiple mice traps.
- The disadvantage of trapping is the labor involved. Trapping requires more work than simply placing out bait. In both cases, however it is important to inspect, make sure the surrounding areas are clean and exlude rodent entry points.
- For those that want humane traps, we carry the Victor Tin Cat, Tip Top Trap, or Little Pete. These traps enable the mouse to go in and get trapped, without killing them .
- Wearing gloves, dispose of mice outside. If you have closed off all entry points, you don't have to worry about it re-entering the structure. It may be difficult to close off all entry points, however, so dispose the live mouse far away from the structure. The mouse snap traps are considered by many to be a humane way to kill mice, since the kill is very quick without suffering. Glue Boards are the least humane way to kill mice.
- The key to success when trapping is being aggressive and placing several mouse traps where mice have high activity. The greatest mistake in trapping mice, is an underestimation of the mice population. You can never have enough traps.
- To lure a mouse to a mouse trap, use an attractant such as Provoke Mouse Attractant by placing it on the trap.
If the mouse or rodent population is so large, that the labor of placing traps and time and cost involved can not solve the mouse problem, use rodent baits. Using rodent baits instead of trapping is an easier solution for some people. Placing out mice bait involves less work, and can be cheaper, depending on the population.
For above ground bait placement, use rodent bait stations.
- Place mouse bait in tamper resistant mouse bait stations throughout the mice infested area, spacing 8- 12 feet apart.
- The EPA requires that bait be placed in tamper resistant bait stations to protect people and unintended animals from accidentally eating the bait.
- Mice continue their normal activity until the bait takes affect, so it is not possible to determine where it will die.
- Bait is like food to mice so they seek it.
- Mice Baiting Tips
It is very important to inspect mouse activity before beginning any mouse control program. Look for rub marks, droppings, foot prints, ect.
- Commensal Rodent Identification
- Click on Rodent Inspection for or more information. We carry UV black light and non-toxic tracking powder for easy inspection.
Exclusion by blocking structural entry points with copper mesh is typically used in combination with trapping and baiting for maximum effect.
Another exlclusion tool is a foam that seals in an resists the sunlight breaking it down. PUR Black Foam Gun is such a product.PUR Black Foam will expand and bond on surfaces to seal voids, cracks and crevices where rodents, bats, birds, squirrels or insects may enter structures. It wil also seal and stop the passage of air, gases, water, dust fibers, sound and odors. It is a polyurethane and moisture curing foam.
The house mouse is the most common mice that invade homes in the USA. Occasionally, the deer mouse, white-footed mouse, harvest mouse and pocket mice will invade structures that are in rural or wooded areas.
Originally from central Asia, it was transported by ships to the USA by early trade merchants. The House Mouse is extremely adaptable and capable of survival in many environments. This mouse is small, with a slender body. It weighs between 1/2 oz to 1 oz. It has a pointed snout with large ears. The tail is uniformly dark with light brown or gray fur. The fur is smooth. Their droppings are small and rod shaped. Mice prefer cereal grains and are omnivorous. They can survive without free water, gathering their water from foods. Mice are nibblers and are inquisitive by nature. They can swim and are excellent climbers. They breed all year long, having about 8 litters per year with 4-7 young per litter. Their life span is about a year.
The urine in mice has a protein in it that can trigger serious cases of asthma and allergies rhinitis. The mice urinate frequently along their paths covering many areas.
The Hanta Virus carried by the Deer Mouse primarily has been a concern in the southwestern states.
More Information: Get Rid of Mice