Choosing Rat Baits (Rodenticides)
- Bait Blox: this form of bait is the most popular in the industry when it comes to baiting for rats. Blox tend to last the longest of all baits and are also palatable to rodents (they like it). We recommend bait blox such as:
- Soft Baits: In recent years, professional pest control operators have seen the advantage of using soft baits. Soft baits have outstanding palatability and acceptance by rodents, even in areas where other food sources are a competition to the acceptance of applied rodent bait. A soft bait that we recommend and have found success with is:
Always use tamper restant bait stations because not only are they effecitve but in most situations, it is the law.
- Pro-Tip: We recommend using T-Rex Snap Traps in the stations. It only kills one rat at a time but it eliminates the possibility of the rat dying in an undesirable location.
Click here to see our Rat Bait Kits that include baits and stations together at a discounted price.
Terad3 BLOX, Bell's newest rodenticide, expertly combines the most recent advancements in bait formulation to yield a highly weatherable BLOX with the low hazard benefits of the active ingredient, Vitamin D3. Terad 3 Blox baits kill anticoagulant-resistant rats and mice yet substantially reduce the risk of secondary poisoning.Learn More
May not be used for organic production, see Terad3 AG Blox for organic uses
No secondary poisoning for birds of prey.
Packaging: 4 lbs
$11.25 As low as: $9.71
T1 Disposable Rat Bait Station combines the safety of the industry's most secure tamper resistant bait station with the speed and effectiveness of Bell Lab's quick killing Fastrac Blox. The T1 station meets the standards for EPA's highest level of bait station security.
T1 Rat Bait Station is designed as an excellent alternative for rodent bating due to the recent epa mitigation decision.Learn More
$93.55 As low as: $90.89
Contrac Meal Place Packs are conveniently packaged in pre-measured place pacs. They the bait inside fresh and free from contaminates. As with other Contrac products from Bell Labs, Contrac Meal Place Packs have great bait acceptance. The meal baits are not as weatherable as the blox and pellet forms, but contain food-grade ingredients, grains and seeds that entice rodents to eat it.Learn More
Starting at: $64.90
Out of stock
Gladiator All Weather Bait Blox is a single feed bait with Bromethalin.01%, like the well known Fastrac Blox. A single feed bait only requires one feeding for a lethal dosage; death occurs within a couple of days. This particular Bromethalin bait in Gladiator has a reputation of good bait acceptance with an attractive lure to attract the rodents. Bromethalin works faster than other single feed baits. Compared to other rodenticides, a rodent doesn't need to eat a lot of Gladiator to receive a lethal dosage. It has a stop feeding feature, which saves you bait and money.Learn More
$92.70Fastrac Soft Bait + Protecta RTU Mouse Bait Stations (12 ) Learn More
Combine Fastrac Blox (4 lbs) and Detex Blox Bait with Lumitrack as a perfect solution when using Fastrac Blox bait. Fastrac Blox with bromethalin (fast acting, non-anticoagulant neurotoxin) works quickly against rodents with results seen in a couple of days. However, sometimes rodents are shy of the active ingredient, bromethalin. There is a procedure called "pre-baiting" that can help solve this characteristic drawback. The Detex Bait Blox is a non-toxic bait with Lumitrack (rodents' droppings glow under a UV light) that is a highly palatable bait. As a non-toxic bait, Detex is useful as a monitoring tool and a pre-bait option.Learn More
$62.30 As low as: $60.95Detex Soft Bait is a non-toxic monitoring soft bait with Lumitrack. This soft bait is highly palatable with a large rodent bait acceptance. This soft bait was developed for long term baiting programs and is especially useful in locations where rodents are accustomed to fatty foods. Learn More
Matching Rat Bait to Rat Problems
|Persistent / Chronic Rat Problems||Occasional-Need for Quick Knock Kill||Maintenance Rat Problems||Monitoring Purposes|
Rat Bait Tips
- Whichever rat bait you use, make sure the bait cannot be eaten by pets and other nontarget animals by using tamper-resistant bait stations.
- Several protective tamper- resistant bait stations are available that allow rats to feed on the rat bait but keep pets and non-target animals from accessing the bait.
- For monitoring purposes (food warehouses, restaurants, etc.), use a non-toxic bait like Detex Blox. Detex Blox does not kill the rodents but will tell you if there is a rodent population present when it is eaten.
- If rats are abundant on the property, the use of rat traps with the rat bait will speed up the rodent control program.
Does Rat Bait Embalm the Rat?
Unfortunately, there is no rat bait on the market that embalms the rat. If the rat dies in an inaccessible area and you can not retrieve the carcass, there will be a smell for a while.
Rat Baiting Tips and Placement
Eliminate (as much as possible) all competing food sources and make sure an adequate sanitation program is in place. After the rodent inspection; place rat bait along their runways. Place rat bait every 15-50 feet for rat control. For a larger rat population, place rat bait at closer intervals.
For more infomation : Rat Baiting Tips
|Extruded Blox||Pellets||Meal||Liquid Baits|