Choosing Rat Baits (Rodenticides)
- Bait Blox: this form of bait is the most popular in the industry when it comes to baiting for rats. Blox tend to last the longest of all baits and are also palatable to rodents (they like it). We recommend bait blox such as:
- Soft Baits: In recent years, professional pest control operators have seen the advantage of using soft baits. Soft baits have outstanding palatability and acceptance by rodents, even in areas where other food sources are a competition to the acceptance of applied rodent bait. A soft bait that we recommend and have found success with is:
Always use tamper restant bait stations because not only are they effecitve but in most situations, it is the law.
- Pro-Tip: We recommend using T-Rex Snap Traps in the stations. It only kills one rat at a time but it eliminates the possibility of the rat dying in an undesirable location.
Click here to see our Rat Bait Kits that include baits and stations together at a discounted price.
$98.93 As low as: $95.37
Contrac mouse and rat bait is a single feeding anticoagulant rodent bait; rodents ingest a lethal dosage in one feeding. The active ingredient is Bromadiolone, which controls Warfarin -resistant rats. This packaging of Contrac pellets is commonly used in industrial or commercial areas. The pellets are a blue color for easy identification as a non-food item. Contrac Pellets may be used in meat and poultry plants.
Contrac Pellets- AdvantagesLearn More
$94.00 As low as: $89.50
Contrac is an bromadiolone rodenticide, known for its high bait acceptance with rodents. Contrac is a single feed bait that would work well for either servere or moderate rodent infestations.
Contrac Pellets are in easy to use place pacs (pre-measured polyglassine place pacs). These pacs hold up well in moist conditions and keep the bait fresh.(California has placed all second generation anticoagulant rodenticides in a restricted use category. We can not ship Contrac or Final rodenticides to California without a pest control license. If you are a pest control operator in California, please call use with your license number.
Other single feed baits (non anticoagulants), such as Top Gun, Fastrac, and Terad3 are available in all states.) Learn More
$130.85 As low as: $121.85
Contrac Pellets in place packs is a single feeding anticoagulant bait with Bromadiolone. Pellets give the rodent and opportunity to gnaw, and they hold up well in moist surroundings. As all of the products in the Contrac line of rodent baits, there is outstanding bait acceptance and a long shelf life. The polyglassine place pacs keep bait fresh and free from contaminating odors. The slender place pacs can be used in bait stations along rodent runways and in hard-to-reach locations. Packs can be opened also, and loose pellets poured down burrows. Of all of the single-feeding anticoagulants, Contrac is less toxic to non-targeted animals in primary and secondary poisoning scenarios. The antidote for Bromadiolone is Vitamin K1, and it is readily available. There is a time factor for the administration of Vitamin K1.Learn More
$71.85 As low as: $64.50Fastrac Pellets are some of the fastest acting rodent baits (Bromethalin). Fastrac comes in blox form and pellets form. Fastrac is a non-anticoagulant and highly effective on rodents.Fastrac has no bait shyness or resistance and has a very quick kill, killing rats and mice in one or two days. It has a stop feed action allowing more kills with less bait, saving you money. This bromethalin formulation has an high acceptance among rodent populations. The pellets hold up in moist conditions.
Packaging: 121 x 0.53 oz (15 g) Place Pacs Learn More
$140.67 As low as: $126.67Final Place Packs with brodifacoum kill warfarin resistant rats and mice. With Final Place Packs , rats and house mice may consume a lethal dose in one night's feeding with the first dead rodents appearing four or five days after feeding begins. Rodents open the Final place pacs with their gnawing. Effective on both rats and mice, Final Rodenticide works especially well to clean out persistent mouse infestations where control is difficult or resistance is suspected.
Packaging : 291 x 25 gram packs Learn More
$46.25 As low as: $43.50
Out of stockLike Terad3 BLOX, Terad3 Pellets offers the low hazard benefits of the active ingredient, Vitamin D3, in a pelleted bait. Terad 3 with Vitamin D3 kills anticoagulant-resistant rats and mice yet substantially reduces the risk of secondary poisoning.It also poses low toxicity to birds.No secondary poisoning for birds of prey.
Packaging : Terad3 Pellets-6 lbs. Learn More
Matching Rat Bait to Rat Problems
|Persistent / Chronic Rat Problems||Occasional-Need for Quick Knock Kill||Maintenance Rat Problems||Monitoring Purposes|
Rat Bait Tips
- Whichever rat bait you use, make sure the bait cannot be eaten by pets and other nontarget animals by using tamper-resistant bait stations.
- Several protective tamper- resistant bait stations are available that allow rats to feed on the rat bait but keep pets and non-target animals from accessing the bait.
- For monitoring purposes (food warehouses, restaurants, etc.), use a non-toxic bait like Detex Blox. Detex Blox does not kill the rodents but will tell you if there is a rodent population present when it is eaten.
- If rats are abundant on the property, the use of rat traps with the rat bait will speed up the rodent control program.
Does Rat Bait Embalm the Rat?
Unfortunately, there is no rat bait on the market that embalms the rat. If the rat dies in an inaccessible area and you can not retrieve the carcass, there will be a smell for a while.
Rat Baiting Tips and Placement
Eliminate (as much as possible) all competing food sources and make sure an adequate sanitation program is in place. After the rodent inspection; place rat bait along their runways. Place rat bait every 15-50 feet for rat control. For a larger rat population, place rat bait at closer intervals.
For more infomation : Rat Baiting Tips
|Extruded Blox||Pellets||Meal||Liquid Baits|