Choosing Rat Baits (Rodenticides)
- Bait Blox: this form of bait is the most popular in the industry when it comes to baiting for rats. Blox tend to last the longest of all baits and are also palatable to rodents (they like it). We recommend bait blox such as:
- Soft Baits: In recent years, professional pest control operators have seen the advantage of using soft baits. Soft baits have outstanding palatability and acceptance by rodents, even in areas where other food sources are a competition to the acceptance of applied rodent bait. A soft bait that we recommend and have found success with is:
Always use tamper restant bait stations because not only are they effecitve but in most situations, it is the law.
- Pro-Tip: We recommend using T-Rex Snap Traps in the stations. It only kills one rat at a time but it eliminates the possibility of the rat dying in an undesirable location.
Click here to see our Rat Bait Kits that include baits and stations together at a discounted price.
$46.25 As low as: $43.50
Out of stockLike Terad3 BLOX, Terad3 Pellets offers the low hazard benefits of the active ingredient, Vitamin D3, in a pelleted bait. Terad 3 with Vitamin D3 kills anticoagulant-resistant rats and mice yet substantially reduces the risk of secondary poisoning.It also poses low toxicity to birds.No secondary poisoning for birds of prey.
Packaging : Terad3 Pellets-6 lbs. Learn More
$85.90 As low as: $84.15Brigand WB - Wax Block Rodenticide-
Brigand WB wax bait bock has a solid wax coating, making it durable and lasting longer than many bait blocks on the market.The active ingredient, Bromadiolone .005 is a single feed second-generation anti-coagulant bait. This formulation has a chocolate aroma and is combined with food grade materials such as milk protein, wheat flour, chopped wheat, oats and edible wax to make it a high acceptance that is palatable to both rats and mice.Learn More
Out of stock(Discontinued)
AC Formula 90 is a seed and grain rodent bait with excellent bait acceptance by rodents. This exceptional bait is highly palatable with its seed and grain formulation. AC Formula 90 contains chlorophacinone, a first generation, multiple feed bait. It is packed in a pail of 75x 1.5 oz packs.Learn More
Starting at: $128.00
Kaput Combo Bait Mini Blocks combine Warfarin (rodenticide) and Imidacloprid (insecticide) to kill Norway rats, roof rats, house mice, and voles. With the addition of imidacloprid insecticide, it kills fleas that feed on the rodents.Learn More
Starting at: $27.25
JT Eaton's Bait Block is a first-generation anticoagulant, Diphacinone bait. This peanut butter flavored bait block is very palatable bait. It is best used as a maintenance bait or as a rodent bait to incorporate into your baiting program. Rats and mice love this product, but it is not as effective on mice. It usually takes 7-10 days to kill rats.Learn More
$59.90 As low as: $57.90
Brigand WB has all the palatability and durability of Brigand WB but packaged in an 8 lb container with a label for Agricultural use only. It combines Bromadiolone 0.005% with food grade matrix of wheat, oats, flour, and milk protein. It has a chocolate aroma to entice rodents to this bait. It has a solid edible wax coating for increased stability and endurance.Learn More
Starting at: $37.50
The JT Eaton Apple Flavor Bait Block has high bait acceptance to attract both rats and mice. The apple flavored bait block has a blend of grains and natural foods that keep the rodents coming for the bait.
These 1 ounce bait blocks contain the active ingredient, Diphacinone 0.05%, a first-generation rodenticide. This rodent bait is an all weather block form and may be used both inside and outside. It has a center hole that may be used to "rod" the bait on rods in bait stations.Learn More
Starting at: $69.95
Gladiator All Weather Bait Blox is a single feed bait with Bromethalin.01%, like the well known Fastrac Blox. A single feed bait only requires one feeding for a lethal dosage; death occurs within a couple of days. This particular Bromethalin bait in Gladiator has a reputation of good bait acceptance with an attractive lure to attract the rodents. Bromethalin works faster than other single feed baits. Compared to other rodenticides, a rodent doesn't need to eat a lot of Gladiator to receive a lethal dosage. It has a stop feeding feature, which saves you bait and money.Learn More
Terad3 BLOX, Bell's newest rodenticide, expertly combines the most recent advancements in bait formulation to yield a highly weatherable BLOX with the low hazard benefits of the active ingredient, Vitamin D3. Terad 3 Blox baits kill anticoagulant-resistant rats and mice yet substantially reduce the risk of secondary poisoning.Learn More
May not be used for organic production, see Terad3 AG Blox for organic uses
No secondary poisoning for birds of prey.
Packaging: 4 lbs
Matching Rat Bait to Rat Problems
|Persistent / Chronic Rat Problems||Occasional-Need for Quick Knock Kill||Maintenance Rat Problems||Monitoring Purposes|
Rat Bait Tips
- Whichever rat bait you use, make sure the bait cannot be eaten by pets and other nontarget animals by using tamper-resistant bait stations.
- Several protective tamper- resistant bait stations are available that allow rats to feed on the rat bait but keep pets and non-target animals from accessing the bait.
- For monitoring purposes (food warehouses, restaurants, etc.), use a non-toxic bait like Detex Blox. Detex Blox does not kill the rodents but will tell you if there is a rodent population present when it is eaten.
- If rats are abundant on the property, the use of rat traps with the rat bait will speed up the rodent control program.
Does Rat Bait Embalm the Rat?
Unfortunately, there is no rat bait on the market that embalms the rat. If the rat dies in an inaccessible area and you can not retrieve the carcass, there will be a smell for a while.
Rat Baiting Tips and Placement
Eliminate (as much as possible) all competing food sources and make sure an adequate sanitation program is in place. After the rodent inspection; place rat bait along their runways. Place rat bait every 15-50 feet for rat control. For a larger rat population, place rat bait at closer intervals.
For more infomation : Rat Baiting Tips
|Extruded Blox||Pellets||Meal||Liquid Baits|