Choosing Rat Baits (Rodenticides)
- Bait Blox: this form of bait is the most popular in the industry when it comes to baiting for rats. Blox tend to last the longest of all baits and are also palatable to rodents (they like it). We recommend bait blox such as:
- Soft Baits: In recent years, professional pest control operators have seen the advantage of using soft baits. Soft baits have outstanding palatability and acceptance by rodents, even in areas where other food sources are a competition to the acceptance of applied rodent bait. A soft bait that we recommend and have found success with is:
Always use tamper restant bait stations because not only are they effecitve but in most situations, it is the law.
- Pro-Tip: We recommend using T-Rex Snap Traps in the stations. It only kills one rat at a time but it eliminates the possibility of the rat dying in an undesirable location.
Click here to see our Rat Bait Kits that include baits and stations together at a discounted price.
Starting at: $82.88Contrac Blox is a single feed bait rodent bait (Bromadilone) that is weather resistant. Contrac Blox is an excellent clean-out and maintenance bait to control mice and rats, including warfarin-resistant Norway rats. California has placed Contrac Blox in a restricted use category. We can not ship Contrac to California without a pest control license. If you are a pest control operator or a certified applicator in California, please call us with your license number. Other single feed baits (non anticoagulants), such as Gladiator, Top Gun, Fastrac, and Terad3 are available in all states. Learn More
$69.80 As low as: $67.50
JT Eaton Bait's Block 2G Second Generation Rodenticide with .005% Bromadialone are rodent bait wax blocks made of highly palatable ingredients to make it attractive to rodents. Bait Block 2G Second Generation is especially formulated for humid conditions and mold.
Bait Block 2G can be used in and around buildings such as houses, food storage facilities, cattle farms, and storage facilities.Learn More
Starting at: $123.50
Combine JT Eaton Bait's Block 2G Second Generation Rodenticide with Ambush Bait Stations for savings. JT Eaton's Bait Block 2G with .005% Bromadialone is made of very palatable ingredients to attract the rodents to the Ambush bait stations.Learn More
Starting at: $88.95
Final Blox Rodenticide combines Bell's highly palatable bait formulation with the powerful active ingredient, Brodifacoum, for the strongest, single-feeding anticoagulant on the market today.
FINAL is effective on both rats and mice. It works especially well to clean out persistent mouse infestations where control is difficult or resistance is suspected.
>California has placed Final Blox in a restricted use category. We can not ship Final or Contrac rodenticides to California without a pest control license. If you are a pest control operator or certified applicator in California, please call us with your license number.Learn More
Other single feed baits (non anticoagulants), such as Top Gun, Fastrac, and Terad3 are available in all states.
$95.25 As low as: $91.25
Contrac Blox with Lumitrack has an additive that causes rodent droppings to glow a bright green color under an UV light. Contrac Blox with Lumitrack contains the active ingredient, Bromadiolone and an additional preservative that inhibits mold growth even under the most humid conditions.Learn More
$56.95 As low as: $55.02
Fastrac Blox is a single feed, weather resistant and fast-acting acute rodent bait, containing Bromethalin. Fastrac Blox is used for controlling rodent populations in a quick and effective manner. Fastrac is a small, rough, all-weather baiting blox with many gnawing edges. Secondary poisoning ( e.g., a dog consuming the carcasses of rodents poisoned by Fastrac) does not readily occur with bromethalin.
Fastrac Blox is an excellent choice for mice, with good acceptance of the bait . Fastrac is also labeled for rats, but we are not seeing the same acceptance as we do with mice.Learn More
Another bait, "Take Down Soft Bait" , has the same active ingredient at Fastrac, but seems more appealing to the Norway and Roof rats. Another bait that is highly appealing to rats is Contrac Blox (different active ingredient). Make sure you always use tamper resistant rodent stations.
$112.25 As low as: $107.85
Contrac Meal Rodent Bait is a combination of seeds and grains that mice find attractive. Superior bait performance occurs with Contrac Meal because of the formulation of food-grade ingredients, seeds and grains.Learn More
Liqua Tox II is a liquid concentrate with the active ingredient, Diphacinone. It is a multiple feed bait. Multiple feed baits require several feedings in order for the rodent to receive a lethal dosage. Liqua Tox kills both rats and mice. Liqua Tox contains 0.106 percent Sodium Diphacinone which can be mixed with a quart of water to yield a quart of finished bait with 0.005 percent Diphacinone. Mix one packet (1.68 oz ) in one quart of water and place this finished solution in bait stations or liquid dispensers, such as the Helland Dispenser.Learn More
Matching Rat Bait to Rat Problems
|Persistent / Chronic Rat Problems||Occasional-Need for Quick Knock Kill||Maintenance Rat Problems||Monitoring Purposes|
Rat Bait Tips
- Whichever rat bait you use, make sure the bait cannot be eaten by pets and other nontarget animals by using tamper-resistant bait stations.
- Several protective tamper- resistant bait stations are available that allow rats to feed on the rat bait but keep pets and non-target animals from accessing the bait.
- For monitoring purposes (food warehouses, restaurants, etc.), use a non-toxic bait like Detex Blox. Detex Blox does not kill the rodents but will tell you if there is a rodent population present when it is eaten.
- If rats are abundant on the property, the use of rat traps with the rat bait will speed up the rodent control program.
Does Rat Bait Embalm the Rat?
Unfortunately, there is no rat bait on the market that embalms the rat. If the rat dies in an inaccessible area and you can not retrieve the carcass, there will be a smell for a while.
Rat Baiting Tips and Placement
Eliminate (as much as possible) all competing food sources and make sure an adequate sanitation program is in place. After the rodent inspection; place rat bait along their runways. Place rat bait every 15-50 feet for rat control. For a larger rat population, place rat bait at closer intervals.
For more infomation : Rat Baiting Tips
|Extruded Blox||Pellets||Meal||Liquid Baits|