Choosing Rat Baits (Rodenticides)
- Bait Blox: this form of bait is the most popular in the industry when it comes to baiting for rats. Blox tend to last the longest of all baits and are also palatable to rodents (they like it). We recommend bait blox such as:
- Soft Baits: In recent years, professional pest control operators have seen the advantage of using soft baits. Soft baits have outstanding palatability and acceptance by rodents, even in areas where other food sources are a competition to the acceptance of applied rodent bait. A soft bait that we recommend and have found success with is:
Always use tamper restant bait stations because not only are they effecitve but in most situations, it is the law.
- Pro-Tip: We recommend using T-Rex Snap Traps in the stations. It only kills one rat at a time but it eliminates the possibility of the rat dying in an undesirable location.
Click here to see our Rat Bait Kits that include baits and stations together at a discounted price.
JT Eaton's Nectus 2G Soft Bait is a second generation bait (single feed bait for a lethal dosage). Nectus is a soft bait containing 005% Bromadiolone. Made of oil scented compounds, this is moist, tasty and palatable rodent bait. It is especially suited for rodents which are reluctant to take other baits and for places where there is a source of competing food. It is even more palatable than food material found in food warehouses and stables. The moisture content in Nectus 2G Second Generation makes in an ideal bait for use indoors where water is not as available to rodents.Learn More
Starting at: $31.55
Flatline Soft Bait with Chlorophacinone is a highly acceptable bait to get rid of rodents such as Roof rats, Norway rats, and House Mice. Even though this bait is a multiple feed bait, it has a faster kill than Diaphacione baits such as Ditrac.Learn More
Starting at: $138.50
When using rodent baits, it is critical that you have a bait with high acceptance, which FirstStrike by Lipha Tech accomplishes. FirstStrike Rodent Bait is a soft bait that does well in rodent acceptance. It is especially useful when there are other food sources that would compete with a rodent bait. These soft pouches may be used on vertical or horizontal rods inside tamper-resistant bait stations and allow the enticing aroma to attract the rodents. First Strike Soft Bait with difethialone is a single feed bait, giving you quick results.Learn More
$129.90 As low as: $124.20
$112.25 As low as: $107.85
Contrac Meal Rodent Bait is a combination of seeds and grains that mice find attractive. Superior bait performance occurs with Contrac Meal because of the formulation of food-grade ingredients, seeds and grains.Learn More
$56.50 As low as: $45.00
TakeDown Soft Bait is a new soft bait for a fast acting solution when combating severe rodent infestations. TakeDown combines the palatability of a soft bait with bromethalin, (fast acting, non-anticoagulant neurotoxin). Results can be seen in as little at 2-3 days. As a non-anticoagulant, TakeDown attacks the nervous system of the rodent and does not cause internal bleeding. It is ideal for with anticoagulant-resistant rodent populations or as part of a resistance prevention program.Learn More
Combine Fastrac Blox (4 lbs) and Detex Blox Bait with Lumitrack as a perfect solution when using Fastrac Blox bait. Fastrac Blox with bromethalin (fast acting, non-anticoagulant neurotoxin) works quickly against rodents with results seen in a couple of days. However, sometimes rodents are shy of the active ingredient, bromethalin. There is a procedure called "pre-baiting" that can help solve this characteristic drawback. The Detex Bait Blox is a non-toxic bait with Lumitrack (rodents' droppings glow under a UV light) that is a highly palatable bait. As a non-toxic bait, Detex is useful as a monitoring tool and a pre-bait option.Learn More
$62.30 As low as: $60.95Detex Soft Bait is a non-toxic monitoring soft bait with Lumitrack. This soft bait is highly palatable with a large rodent bait acceptance. This soft bait was developed for long term baiting programs and is especially useful in locations where rodents are accustomed to fatty foods. Learn More
Matching Rat Bait to Rat Problems
|Persistent / Chronic Rat Problems||Occasional-Need for Quick Knock Kill||Maintenance Rat Problems||Monitoring Purposes|
Rat Bait Tips
- Whichever rat bait you use, make sure the bait cannot be eaten by pets and other nontarget animals by using tamper-resistant bait stations.
- Several protective tamper- resistant bait stations are available that allow rats to feed on the rat bait but keep pets and non-target animals from accessing the bait.
- For monitoring purposes (food warehouses, restaurants, etc.), use a non-toxic bait like Detex Blox. Detex Blox does not kill the rodents but will tell you if there is a rodent population present when it is eaten.
- If rats are abundant on the property, the use of rat traps with the rat bait will speed up the rodent control program.
Does Rat Bait Embalm the Rat?
Unfortunately, there is no rat bait on the market that embalms the rat. If the rat dies in an inaccessible area and you can not retrieve the carcass, there will be a smell for a while.
Rat Baiting Tips and Placement
Eliminate (as much as possible) all competing food sources and make sure an adequate sanitation program is in place. After the rodent inspection; place rat bait along their runways. Place rat bait every 15-50 feet for rat control. For a larger rat population, place rat bait at closer intervals.
For more infomation : Rat Baiting Tips
|Extruded Blox||Pellets||Meal||Liquid Baits|