How to Get Rid of RatsThere are two popular methods used to get rid of rats:
Rat Control Products
We carry a full line of rat bait, rat traps, rat bait stations, rodent inspection tools, animal repellents and rat exclusion materials.
Rat Trapping Tips
- One advantage of trapping is easy verification that the rat is actually captured.
- The key to success when trapping is being aggressive and placing several rat traps where the rats are active.
- To lure the rat to the trap, use an attractant such as Provoke Rat Attractant by placing it on the trap.
Rat Baiting Tips
- Place rat bait in tamper resistant rat bait stations throughout the rat infested area, spacing 30 to 60 feet apart.
- The EPA requires that bait be placed in tamper resistant bait stations to protect people and unintended animals from accidentally eating the bait.
- Rats continue their normal activity until the bait takes affect, so it is not possible to determine where it will die.
- Bait is like food to rats so they seek it.
- It is very important to inspect rodent activity before beginning any rodent control program. We carry UV black light and non-toxic tracking powder for easy inspection.
- Commensal Rodent Identification
Exclusion by blocking structural entry points with copper mesh is typically used in combination with trapping and baiting for maximum effect.
$47.50 As low as: $39.50
Out of stock
Safeguard Trap Model # 52818
This trap by Safeguard has a slide rear release back door for releasing the caught animal and ease of baiting.The Safeguard Trap Model #52818 is a perfect medium humane box live trap for squirrels, rats, muskrats. Safeguard Traps are made with a heavy-duty reinforced spring-loaded door, to provide maximum performance and superior animal retention.Learn More
$47.95 As low as: $38.50The Safeguard Trap Model # 50450 is a perfect medium humane box live trap for squirrels, rats, muskrats. Safeguard #50450 live trap for squirrels, rats and muskrats has a front release door to set the critter free to it's natural environment.Safeguard Traps are made with a heavy-duty reinforced spring-loaded door, to provide maximum performance and superior animal retention. Safeguard Trap Model # 50450 is used by many professional wildlife control companies.
Packaging: 1 TrapLearn More
Measures : 18 in x 5 in x 5 in with an 1/2 in mesh.
Covered by a 1 year warranty against manufacturer's defects.
Made in the USA.
$17.75 As low as: $16.99
Unique Scent to Attract Rats
Provoke Rat Attractant by Bell Labs is formulated as a professional lure used by the pros and is a food based attractant. Provoke Rat Attractant uses the rat's sense of smell and taste to attract and lure the rat to the trap. It is very effective for both Norway Rats and Roof Rats.Learn More
$9.00 As low as: $3.49Non Toxic Glue Traps for Mice and Rats.Ideal for unheated basements, warehouses, garages, walk in refrigerators. Unlike most glue traps, the specially formulated adhesive used for this trap is 100% effective in temperatures as low as 0 F. Learn More
$37.90 As low as: $29.90Havahart Model 1025 captures squirrels (red and flying), rats, weasels, chipmunks and similar sized animals. The Havahart Model 1025 is a double door trap, allowing animal to enter from either direction with sensitive triggers.The Havahart 1025 is a \"live\" animal trap designed to have smoothed internal edges to prevent injuries to animals. This live animal trap is built to last by being rust and corrosion resistant and is made with the trigger rod outside of the trap so animals cannot damage it.
Packaging: Single TrapsLearn More
Measures:18" x 5" x 5". with a 1/2\" grid
The Havahart 1025 is made in the USA
$62.30 As low as: $60.95Detex Soft Bait is a non-toxic monitoring soft bait with Lumitrack. This soft bait is highly palatable with a large rodent bait acceptance. This soft bait was developed for long term baiting programs and is especially useful in locations where rodents are accustomed to fatty foods. Learn More
Rat Control Steps
1. Inspect for rodent activity
- Determine the size and severity of rat infestation by inspecting the premises
- Keep grass cut short; tall grass hides rodents from natural predators.
- Overhanging trees provide protective areas for rats; keep overhanging trees cut back.
- Debris should be removed from the exterior. Clutter and garbage provide shelter and food for rodents.
- A 2 foot wide barrier of cement or crushed rock around the perimeter of the house would help exclude rodents.
- Make sure that garbage cans outside and dumpsters have a tight seal. Rodents will eat any food thrown in the garbage. Dumpsters are one of the primary rodent zones in commercial establishments.
- Dumpster should be placed at least 75 feet from the structure if possible.
- Dumpsters need to be emptied regularly.
- Identify and eliminate conditions that make it possible for rats to survive.
- They need shelter (harborage), food and water.
- Click Here: Rodent Exclusion Tips