How to Get Rid of RatsThere are two popular methods used to get rid of rats:
Rat Control Products
We carry a full line of rat bait, rat traps, rat bait stations, rodent inspection tools, animal repellents and rat exclusion materials.
Rat Trapping Tips
- One advantage of trapping is easy verification that the rat is actually captured.
- The key to success when trapping is being aggressive and placing several rat traps where the rats are active.
- To lure the rat to the trap, use an attractant such as Provoke Rat Attractant by placing it on the trap.
Rat Baiting Tips
- Place rat bait in tamper resistant rat bait stations throughout the rat infested area, spacing 30 to 60 feet apart.
- The EPA requires that bait be placed in tamper resistant bait stations to protect people and unintended animals from accidentally eating the bait.
- Rats continue their normal activity until the bait takes affect, so it is not possible to determine where it will die.
- Bait is like food to rats so they seek it.
- It is very important to inspect rodent activity before beginning any rodent control program. We carry UV black light and non-toxic tracking powder for easy inspection.
- Commensal Rodent Identification
Exclusion by blocking structural entry points with copper mesh is typically used in combination with trapping and baiting for maximum effect.
Starting at: $19.90Protecta Rodent Bait stations come in black or gray. Protecta Bait Stations comes with rods holding the bait in place. With Protecta Bait Stations you don't have one rat hoarding an abundance of bait, getting better control through the entire population.
Protect your children and pets from bait or snap traps with Protecta Bait Stations.
The Protecta Bait Station is designed as a tamper resistant bait station that will hold the bait or traps but keep the poison bait or snap trap out of reach of children or pets.Learn More
$27.10 As low as: $24.50
Out of stock
The EZ Secured Rodent Bait Station is a heavy-duty rodent bait station with a concrete block to use in areas where a secured or anchored bait station is needed. Typical areas include restaurants, warehouses, office buildings, commercial locations, or any area where a secured bait station is required or needed. The concrete block is a Type I/II green cement that meets LEEDS specifications. This cement block adapts to the environment. If it is in the soil, it blends or seasons with the aroma of the earth, so the rodent is familiar with its surroundings and not scared to approach the station.Learn More
$47.50 As low as: $39.50
Safeguard Trap Model # 52818
This trap by Safeguard has a slide rear release back door for releasing the caught animal and ease of baiting.The Safeguard Trap Model #52818 is a perfect medium humane box live trap for squirrels, rats, muskrats. Safeguard Traps are made with a heavy-duty reinforced spring-loaded door, to provide maximum performance and superior animal retention.Learn More
$43.50 As low as: $34.50The Safeguard Trap Model # 50450 is a perfect medium humane box live trap for squirrels, rats, muskrats. Safeguard #50450 live trap for squirrels, rats and muskrats has a front release door to set the critter free to it's natural environment.Safeguard Traps are made with a heavy-duty reinforced spring-loaded door, to provide maximum performance and superior animal retention. Safeguard Trap Model # 50450 is used by many professional wildlife control companies.
Packaging: 1 TrapLearn More
Measures : 18 in x 5 in x 5 in with an 1/2 in mesh.
Covered by a 1 year warranty against manufacturer's defects.
Made in the USA.
Starting at: $64.90
Gladiator All Weather Bait Blox is a single feed bait with Bromethalin.01%, like the well known Fastrac Blox. A single feed bait only requires one feeding for a lethal dosage; death occurs within a couple of days. This particular Bromethalin bait in Gladiator has a reputation of good bait acceptance with an attractive lure to attract the rodents. Bromethalin works faster than other single feed baits. Compared to other rodenticides, a rodent doesn't need to eat a lot of Gladiator to receive a lethal dosage. It has a stop feeding feature, which saves you bait and money.Learn More
Starting at: $6.50
Pro-Pest Professional Lure is made of 100% food -grade lure of oils, essential nuts, and seeds. It does not contain peanuts. It is aromatic and is long lasting.
Use Pro-Pest Professional lure as an attractant in all types of rodent traps, such as glue boards, snap traps, live traps or multi-catch traps such as Victor Tin Cats and Ketch Alls.Learn More
Starting at: $9.90
Pro-Pest Professional Lures for Rats & Mice lures rats and mice with 100% food-grade materials. It has no peanuts and no pesticides, with no known allergens. It may be used in sensitive areas like nurseries, day care centers, hospitals, food processing plants, etc.
Use it with snap traps, multi catch traps, live animal traps, Tin Cats, etc.Learn More
Starting at: $19.95
Protecta LP Bait Station can be used for rats or mice. The name "LP", means low profile. These low profile bait stations fit snugly in corners and lay flush along the walls. Rodents travel along walls and in corners. The low profile design is particularly useful to fit under pallets and any other tight baiting locations. It is triangular shaped and measures 3 3/8" tall by 9" deep (approx. 76mm x 228mm).
Protecta LP is a tamper-resistant rat bait station that is designed for inside or outside buildings.Learn More
Rat Control Steps
1. Inspect for rodent activity
- Determine the size and severity of rat infestation by inspecting the premises
- Keep grass cut short; tall grass hides rodents from natural predators.
- Overhanging trees provide protective areas for rats; keep overhanging trees cut back.
- Debris should be removed from the exterior. Clutter and garbage provide shelter and food for rodents.
- A 2 foot wide barrier of cement or crushed rock around the perimeter of the house would help exclude rodents.
- Make sure that garbage cans outside and dumpsters have a tight seal. Rodents will eat any food thrown in the garbage. Dumpsters are one of the primary rodent zones in commercial establishments.
- Dumpster should be placed at least 75 feet from the structure if possible.
- Dumpsters need to be emptied regularly.
- Identify and eliminate conditions that make it possible for rats to survive.
- They need shelter (harborage), food and water.
- Click Here: Rodent Exclusion Tips