How to Get Rid of RatsThere are two popular methods used to get rid of rats:
Rat Control Products
We carry a full line of rat bait, rat traps, rat bait stations, rodent inspection tools, animal repellents and rat exclusion materials.
Rat Trapping Tips
- One advantage of trapping is easy verification that the rat is actually captured.
- The key to success when trapping is being aggressive and placing several rat traps where the rats are active.
- To lure the rat to the trap, use an attractant such as Provoke Rat Attractant by placing it on the trap.
Rat Baiting Tips
- Place rat bait in tamper resistant rat bait stations throughout the rat infested area, spacing 30 to 60 feet apart.
- The EPA requires that bait be placed in tamper resistant bait stations to protect people and unintended animals from accidentally eating the bait.
- Rats continue their normal activity until the bait takes affect, so it is not possible to determine where it will die.
- Bait is like food to rats so they seek it.
- It is very important to inspect rodent activity before beginning any rodent control program. We carry UV black light and non-toxic tracking powder for easy inspection.
- Commensal Rodent Identification
Exclusion by blocking structural entry points with copper mesh is typically used in combination with trapping and baiting for maximum effect.
$47.50 As low as: $39.50
Out of stock
Safeguard Trap Model # 52818
This trap by Safeguard has a slide rear release back door for releasing the caught animal and ease of baiting.The Safeguard Trap Model #52818 is a perfect medium humane box live trap for squirrels, rats, muskrats. Safeguard Traps are made with a heavy-duty reinforced spring-loaded door, to provide maximum performance and superior animal retention.Learn More
$47.95 As low as: $38.50The Safeguard Trap Model # 50450 is a perfect medium humane box live trap for squirrels, rats, muskrats. Safeguard #50450 live trap for squirrels, rats and muskrats has a front release door to set the critter free to it's natural environment.Safeguard Traps are made with a heavy-duty reinforced spring-loaded door, to provide maximum performance and superior animal retention. Safeguard Trap Model # 50450 is used by many professional wildlife control companies.
Packaging: 1 TrapLearn More
Measures : 18 in x 5 in x 5 in with an 1/2 in mesh.
Covered by a 1 year warranty against manufacturer's defects.
Made in the USA.
Starting at: $15.95
The Protecta Evo Tunnel provides tamper-resistant coverage of a variety of rat and mouse traps. It opens with an EVO key and they can be placed indoors or outdoors. Protecta Evo Tunnel is both low and discreet and able to accommodate two Trapper R-Rex rat snap traps or two Trapper T-Rex IQ rat snap traps that are secured into the Evo tunnel base. It also provides covers for mice sized traps like the Mini-Rex mousetrap or the Trapper Max glue boards.Learn More
$125.00 As low as: $120.00
Bell's T Rex Trap now comes with a built-in sensor using blue tooth technology. Using these rat traps with its sensor enables you to track the rat activity and improve rodent inspection. The Trapper T Rex IQ trap has the same strength of the regular Trapper T Rex catching rats with its patented interlocking teeth making rat escapes virtually impossible.
Each one of these traps has a proprietary sensor, antenna, and a fully integrated battery. It is weather and water-proof.Learn More
$9.30 As low as: $3.81Non Toxic Glue Traps for Mice and Rats.Ideal for unheated basements, warehouses, garages, walk in refrigerators. Unlike most glue traps, the specially formulated adhesive used for this trap is 100% effective in temperatures as low as 0 F. Learn More
$37.90 As low as: $29.90Havahart Model 1025 captures squirrels (red and flying), rats, weasels, chipmunks and similar sized animals. The Havahart Model 1025 is a double door trap, allowing animal to enter from either direction with sensitive triggers.The Havahart 1025 is a \"live\" animal trap designed to have smoothed internal edges to prevent injuries to animals. This live animal trap is built to last by being rust and corrosion resistant and is made with the trigger rod outside of the trap so animals cannot damage it.
Packaging: Single TrapsLearn More
Measures:18" x 5" x 5". with a 1/2\" grid
The Havahart 1025 is made in the USA
$4.90 As low as: $2.00
Trapper Hidden Kill Mouse Trap is a disposable mouse trap that quickly captures mice without a mess. This discrete mouse trap by Bell Labs has a stealthy, low-profile design that will blend with its environment for careful and strategic placement of mice traps. It will capture mice in a fully enclosed area. With a two-way entry, it allows mice to enter in two directions. Baiting with a removable bait cup is easy with Hidden Kill Mouse Trap. The disposal of the mouse is made easy with its easy no touch disposal.Learn More
Rat Control Steps
1. Inspect for rodent activity
- Determine the size and severity of rat infestation by inspecting the premises
- Keep grass cut short; tall grass hides rodents from natural predators.
- Overhanging trees provide protective areas for rats; keep overhanging trees cut back.
- Debris should be removed from the exterior. Clutter and garbage provide shelter and food for rodents.
- A 2 foot wide barrier of cement or crushed rock around the perimeter of the house would help exclude rodents.
- Make sure that garbage cans outside and dumpsters have a tight seal. Rodents will eat any food thrown in the garbage. Dumpsters are one of the primary rodent zones in commercial establishments.
- Dumpster should be placed at least 75 feet from the structure if possible.
- Dumpsters need to be emptied regularly.
- Identify and eliminate conditions that make it possible for rats to survive.
- They need shelter (harborage), food and water.
- Click Here: Rodent Exclusion Tips