How to Get Rid of RatsThere are two popular methods used to get rid of rats:
Rat Control Products
We carry a full line of rat bait, rat traps, rat bait stations, rodent inspection tools, animal repellents and rat exclusion materials.
Rat Trapping Tips
- One advantage of trapping is easy verification that the rat is actually captured.
- The key to success when trapping is being aggressive and placing several rat traps where the rats are active.
- To lure the rat to the trap, use an attractant such as Provoke Rat Attractant by placing it on the trap.
Rat Baiting Tips
- Place rat bait in tamper resistant rat bait stations throughout the rat infested area, spacing 30 to 60 feet apart.
- The EPA requires that bait be placed in tamper resistant bait stations to protect people and unintended animals from accidentally eating the bait.
- Rats continue their normal activity until the bait takes affect, so it is not possible to determine where it will die.
- Bait is like food to rats so they seek it.
- It is very important to inspect rodent activity before beginning any rodent control program. We carry UV black light and non-toxic tracking powder for easy inspection.
- Commensal Rodent Identification
Exclusion by blocking structural entry points with copper mesh is typically used in combination with trapping and baiting for maximum effect.
Starting at: $17.50
Proteca Evo Edge Bait Station is part of Bell Lab's Protecta group of rodent bait stations. This versatile and handy rodent bait station will hold both traps (Mini Rex Mouse Traps or T-Rex Rat Traps) or rodent bait. It opens quickly with the EVO key for a quick inspection. It is easy to service with its side-opening design and rounded interior walls with baffles to help protect bait from non-target animals. For quick cleaning, it has a contoured flat bait area.Learn More
$17.75 As low as: $16.99
Unique Scent to Attract Rats
Provoke Rat Attractant by Bell Labs is formulated as a professional lure used by the pros and is a food based attractant. Provoke Rat Attractant uses the rat's sense of smell and taste to attract and lure the rat to the trap. It is very effective for both Norway Rats and Roof Rats.Learn More
$92.70Fastrac Soft Bait + Protecta RTU Mouse Bait Stations (12 ) Learn More
Starting at: $9.90
Pro-Pest Professional Lures for Rats & Mice lures rats and mice with 100% food-grade materials. It has no peanuts and no pesticides, with no known allergens. It may be used in sensitive areas like nurseries, day care centers, hospitals, food processing plants, etc.
Use it with snap traps, multi catch traps, live animal traps, Tin Cats, etc.Learn More
Starting at: $19.95
Protecta LP Bait Station can be used for rats or mice. The name "LP", means low profile. These low profile bait stations fit snugly in corners and lay flush along the walls. Rodents travel along walls and in corners. The low profile design is particularly useful to fit under pallets and any other tight baiting locations. It is triangular shaped and measures 3 3/8" tall by 9" deep (approx. 76mm x 228mm).
Protecta LP is a tamper-resistant rat bait station that is designed for inside or outside buildings.Learn More
Starting at: $6.50
Pro-Pest Professional Lure is made of 100% food -grade lure of oils, essential nuts, and seeds. It does not contain peanuts. It is aromatic and is long lasting.
Use Pro-Pest Professional lure as an attractant in all types of rodent traps, such as glue boards, snap traps, live traps or multi-catch traps such as Victor Tin Cats and Ketch Alls.Learn More
$47.95 As low as: $38.50The Safeguard Trap Model # 50450 is a perfect medium humane box live trap for squirrels, rats, muskrats. Safeguard #50450 live trap for squirrels, rats and muskrats has a front release door to set the critter free to it's natural environment.Safeguard Traps are made with a heavy-duty reinforced spring-loaded door, to provide maximum performance and superior animal retention. Safeguard Trap Model # 50450 is used by many professional wildlife control companies.
Packaging: 1 TrapLearn More
Measures : 18 in x 5 in x 5 in with an 1/2 in mesh.
Covered by a 1 year warranty against manufacturer's defects.
Made in the USA.
Rat Control Steps
1. Inspect for rodent activity
- Determine the size and severity of rat infestation by inspecting the premises
- Keep grass cut short; tall grass hides rodents from natural predators.
- Overhanging trees provide protective areas for rats; keep overhanging trees cut back.
- Debris should be removed from the exterior. Clutter and garbage provide shelter and food for rodents.
- A 2 foot wide barrier of cement or crushed rock around the perimeter of the house would help exclude rodents.
- Make sure that garbage cans outside and dumpsters have a tight seal. Rodents will eat any food thrown in the garbage. Dumpsters are one of the primary rodent zones in commercial establishments.
- Dumpster should be placed at least 75 feet from the structure if possible.
- Dumpsters need to be emptied regularly.
- Identify and eliminate conditions that make it possible for rats to survive.
- They need shelter (harborage), food and water.
- Click Here: Rodent Exclusion Tips