How to Get Rid of RatsThere are two popular methods used to get rid of rats:
Rat Control Products
We carry a full line of rat bait, rat traps, rat bait stations, rodent inspection tools, animal repellents and rat exclusion materials.
Rat Trapping Tips
- One advantage of trapping is easy verification that the rat is actually captured.
- The key to success when trapping is being aggressive and placing several rat traps where the rats are active.
- To lure the rat to the trap, use an attractant such as Provoke Rat Attractant by placing it on the trap.
Rat Baiting Tips
- Place rat bait in tamper resistant rat bait stations throughout the rat infested area, spacing 30 to 60 feet apart.
- The EPA requires that bait be placed in tamper resistant bait stations to protect people and unintended animals from accidentally eating the bait.
- Rats continue their normal activity until the bait takes affect, so it is not possible to determine where it will die.
- Bait is like food to rats so they seek it.
- It is very important to inspect rodent activity before beginning any rodent control program. We carry UV black light and non-toxic tracking powder for easy inspection.
- Commensal Rodent Identification
Exclusion by blocking structural entry points with copper mesh is typically used in combination with trapping and baiting for maximum effect.
Protecta Sidekick Stations (6) + JT Eaton Peanut Butter Bait Block (9lb )+ 1 key
- Combine Sidekick Stations and JT Eaton Peanut Butter Bait Block for rodent control for rats (this bait will not work well with mice). Simple place the peanut butter flavored rodent bait inside the Sidekick bait stations. These bait stations may be used inside or outside and are designed to keep children and pets away from the bait..
- JT Eaton Bait Block (704-PN) is a pail of (32) 2 oz bait blocks. It is a first generation, multiple feed bait anticoagulant bait that may be shipped to all US states.
- Please note that JT Eaton's Peanut Butter Bait is a first generation, multiple feed bait that requires several feedings for a lethal dose and does not work well in mice control. We recommend JT Eaton's Nectus 2G Soft Bait for mice control.
- Each Sidekick Bait Station measures :9 1/2" x 8 3/4" with a height of 4 1/2 inches
- These bait blocks do not contain a center hole in order to place on rods that come with the bait station. Contrac Blox, Final Blox and Gladiator, Fastrac Blox have center holes in order to rod the bait.
- Valued at $ 91.50 or $ 79.95
Starting at: $31.89
Protecta Landscape Bait Stations are available in a realistic 'rock' color, sandstone or granite. These tamper-resistant bait stations feature a naturally textured surface for a realistic appearance.
Protecta Landscape locks when closed and opens with the Evo Protecta Key.Learn More
Starting at: $16.90
Liphatech's Aegis Rat Bait Station is a rodent bait station that is tamper-resistant by a easy to service lock. Use blox baits, pelleted baits, or soft rodent baits inside these tamper-resistant bait stations. These stations with a double tunnel design encourage rats to feed. Rats prefer to feed in tunnels The use of tamper-resistant bait stations protect children and pets from access the poison baits. These bait stations will function for either mice or rats.Learn More
Starting at: $15.25
Proteca Evo Edge Bait Station is part of Bell Lab's Protecta group of rodent bait stations. This versatile and handy rodent bait station will hold both traps (Mini Rex Mouse Traps or T-Rex Rat Traps) or rodent bait. It opens quickly with the EVO key for a quick inspection. It is easy to service with its side-opening design and rounded interior walls with baffles to help protect bait from non-target animals. For quick cleaning, it has a contoured flat bait area.Learn More
$59.90 As low as: $57.90
Brigand WB has all the palatability and durability of Brigand WB but packaged in an 8 lb container with a label for Agricultural use only. It combines Bromadiolone 0.005% with food grade matrix of wheat, oats, flour, and milk protein. It has a chocolate aroma to entice rodents to this bait. It has a solid edible wax coating for increased stability and endurance.Learn More
Starting at: $88.95
Final Blox Rodenticide combines Bell's highly palatable bait formulation with the powerful active ingredient, Brodifacoum, for the strongest, single-feeding anticoagulant on the market today.
FINAL is effective on both rats and mice. It works especially well to clean out persistent mouse infestations where control is difficult or resistance is suspected.
>California has placed Final Blox in a restricted use category. We can not ship Final or Contrac rodenticides to California without a pest control license. If you are a pest control operator or certified applicator in California, please call us with your license number.Learn More
Other single feed baits (non anticoagulants), such as Top Gun, Fastrac, and Terad3 are available in all states.
Starting at: $131.00
When using rodent baits, it is critical that you have a bait with high acceptance, which FirstStrike by Lipha Tech accomplishes. FirstStrike Rodent Bait is a soft bait that does well in rodent acceptance. It is especially useful when there are other food sources that would compete with a rodent bait. These soft pouches may be used on vertical or horizontal rods inside tamper-resistant bait stations and allow the enticing aroma to attract the rodents. First Strike Soft Bait with difethialone is a single feed bait, giving you quick results.Learn More
Starting at: $19.95
Protecta LP Bait Station can be used for rats or mice. The name "LP", means low profile. These low profile bait stations fit snugly in corners and lay flush along the walls. Rodents travel along walls and in corners. The low profile design is particularly useful to fit under pallets and any other tight baiting locations. It is triangular shaped and measures 3 3/8" tall by 9" deep (approx. 76mm x 228mm).
Protecta LP is a tamper-resistant rat bait station that is designed for inside or outside buildings.Learn More
Rat Control Steps
1. Inspect for rodent activity
- Determine the size and severity of rat infestation by inspecting the premises
- Keep grass cut short; tall grass hides rodents from natural predators.
- Overhanging trees provide protective areas for rats; keep overhanging trees cut back.
- Debris should be removed from the exterior. Clutter and garbage provide shelter and food for rodents.
- A 2 foot wide barrier of cement or crushed rock around the perimeter of the house would help exclude rodents.
- Make sure that garbage cans outside and dumpsters have a tight seal. Rodents will eat any food thrown in the garbage. Dumpsters are one of the primary rodent zones in commercial establishments.
- Dumpster should be placed at least 75 feet from the structure if possible.
- Dumpsters need to be emptied regularly.
- Identify and eliminate conditions that make it possible for rats to survive.
- They need shelter (harborage), food and water.
- Click Here: Rodent Exclusion Tips