How to Get Rid of RatsThere are two popular methods used to get rid of rats:
Rat Control Products
We carry a full line of rat bait, rat traps, rat bait stations, rodent inspection tools, animal repellents and rat exclusion materials.
Rat Trapping Tips
- One advantage of trapping is easy verification that the rat is actually captured.
- The key to success when trapping is being aggressive and placing several rat traps where the rats are active.
- To lure the rat to the trap, use an attractant such as Provoke Rat Attractant by placing it on the trap.
Rat Baiting Tips
- Place rat bait in tamper resistant rat bait stations throughout the rat infested area, spacing 30 to 60 feet apart.
- The EPA requires that bait be placed in tamper resistant bait stations to protect people and unintended animals from accidentally eating the bait.
- Rats continue their normal activity until the bait takes affect, so it is not possible to determine where it will die.
- Bait is like food to rats so they seek it.
- It is very important to inspect rodent activity before beginning any rodent control program. We carry UV black light and non-toxic tracking powder for easy inspection.
- Commensal Rodent Identification
Exclusion by blocking structural entry points with copper mesh is typically used in combination with trapping and baiting for maximum effect.
$59.90 As low as: $57.90
Brigand WB has all the palatability and durability of Brigand WB but packaged in an 8 lb container with a label for Agricultural use only. It combines Bromadiolone 0.005% with food grade matrix of wheat, oats, flour, and milk protein. It has a chocolate aroma to entice rodents to this bait. It has a solid edible wax coating for increased stability and endurance.Learn More
$42.50 As low as: $38.50
JT Eaton Top Gun Bromethalin -#750 Blocks (128 x .5 oz )
Top Gun with Bromethalin is a fast acting rodent bait that gives you quick results with an average death in 1-2 days. Top Gun also has a stop feeding feature in order to conserve bait. Rodents only enough to get one lethal dose. In order to discourage children and pets from eating this bait, it contains bitrex. Even though the bait contains bitrex, always use tamper-resistant bait stations around children and pets.Learn More
Starting at: $88.95
Final Blox Rodenticide combines Bell's highly palatable bait formulation with the powerful active ingredient, Brodifacoum, for the strongest, single-feeding anticoagulant on the market today.
FINAL is effective on both rats and mice. It works especially well to clean out persistent mouse infestations where control is difficult or resistance is suspected.
>California has placed Final Blox in a restricted use category. We can not ship Final or Contrac rodenticides to California without a pest control license. If you are a pest control operator or certified applicator in California, please call us with your license number.Learn More
Other single feed baits (non anticoagulants), such as Top Gun, Fastrac, and Terad3 are available in all states.
Starting at: $131.00
When using rodent baits, it is critical that you have a bait with high acceptance, which FirstStrike by Lipha Tech accomplishes. FirstStrike Rodent Bait is a soft bait that does well in rodent acceptance. It is especially useful when there are other food sources that would compete with a rodent bait. These soft pouches may be used on vertical or horizontal rods inside tamper-resistant bait stations and allow the enticing aroma to attract the rodents. First Strike Soft Bait with difethialone is a single feed bait, giving you quick results.Learn More
Starting at: $64.90
Gladiator All Weather Bait Blox is a single feed bait with Bromethalin.01%, like the well known Fastrac Blox. A single feed bait only requires one feeding for a lethal dosage; death occurs within a couple of days. This particular Bromethalin bait in Gladiator has a reputation of good bait acceptance with an attractive lure to attract the rodents. Bromethalin works faster than other single feed baits. Compared to other rodenticides, a rodent doesn't need to eat a lot of Gladiator to receive a lethal dosage. It has a stop feeding feature, which saves you bait and money.Learn More
$129.90 As low as: $124.50
Terad3 BLOX, Bell's newest rodenticide, expertly combines the most recent advancements in bait formulation to yield a highly weatherable BLOX with the low hazard benefits of the active ingredient, Vitamin D3. Terad 3 Blox baits kill anticoagulant-resistant rats and mice yet substantially reduce the risk of secondary poisoning.Learn More
May not be used for organic production, see Terad3 AG Blox for organic uses
No secondary poisoning for birds of prey.
Packaging: 4 lbs
$66.50 As low as: $64.50
Liqua Tox II - Liquid Rodent Bait
Liqua Tox II is a liquid concentrate with the active ingredient, Diphacinone. It is a multiple feed bait. Multiple feed baits require several feedings in order for the rodent to receive a lethal dosage. Liqua Tox kills both rats and mice. Liqua Tox contains 0.106 percent Sodium Diphacinone which can be mixed with a quart of water to yield a quart of finished bait with 0.005 percent Diphacinone. Mix one packet (1.68 oz ) in one quart of water and place this finished solution in bait stations or liquid dispensers, such as the Helland Dispenser.Learn More
$64.50 As low as: $61.95
TakeDown Soft Bait is a new soft bait for a fast acting solution when combating severe rodent infestations. TakeDown combines the palatability of a soft bait with bromethalin, (fast acting, non-anticoagulant neurotoxin). Results can be seen in as little at 2-3 days. As a non-anticoagulant, TakeDown attacks the nervous system of the rodent and does not cause internal bleeding. It is ideal for with anticoagulant-resistant rodent populations or as part of a resistance prevention program.Learn More
Rat Control Steps
1. Inspect for rodent activity
- Determine the size and severity of rat infestation by inspecting the premises
- Keep grass cut short; tall grass hides rodents from natural predators.
- Overhanging trees provide protective areas for rats; keep overhanging trees cut back.
- Debris should be removed from the exterior. Clutter and garbage provide shelter and food for rodents.
- A 2 foot wide barrier of cement or crushed rock around the perimeter of the house would help exclude rodents.
- Make sure that garbage cans outside and dumpsters have a tight seal. Rodents will eat any food thrown in the garbage. Dumpsters are one of the primary rodent zones in commercial establishments.
- Dumpster should be placed at least 75 feet from the structure if possible.
- Dumpsters need to be emptied regularly.
- Identify and eliminate conditions that make it possible for rats to survive.
- They need shelter (harborage), food and water.
- Click Here: Rodent Exclusion Tips