How to Get Rid of RatsThere are two popular methods used to get rid of rats:
Rat Control Products
We carry a full line of rat bait, rat traps, rat bait stations, rodent inspection tools, animal repellents and rat exclusion materials.
Rat Trapping Tips
- One advantage of trapping is easy verification that the rat is actually captured.
- The key to success when trapping is being aggressive and placing several rat traps where the rats are active.
- To lure the rat to the trap, use an attractant such as Provoke Rat Attractant by placing it on the trap.
Rat Baiting Tips
- Place rat bait in tamper resistant rat bait stations throughout the rat infested area, spacing 30 to 60 feet apart.
- The EPA requires that bait be placed in tamper resistant bait stations to protect people and unintended animals from accidentally eating the bait.
- Rats continue their normal activity until the bait takes affect, so it is not possible to determine where it will die.
- Bait is like food to rats so they seek it.
- It is very important to inspect rodent activity before beginning any rodent control program. We carry UV black light and non-toxic tracking powder for easy inspection.
- Commensal Rodent Identification
Exclusion by blocking structural entry points with copper mesh is typically used in combination with trapping and baiting for maximum effect.
Protecta Sidekick Stations (6) + JT Eaton Peanut Butter Bait Block (9lb )+ 1 key
- Combine Sidekick Stations and JT Eaton Peanut Butter Bait Block for rodent control for rats (this bait will not work well with mice). Simple place the peanut butter flavored rodent bait inside the Sidekick bait stations. These bait stations may be used inside or outside and are designed to keep children and pets away from the bait..
- JT Eaton Bait Block (704-PN) is a pail of (32) 2 oz bait blocks. It is a first generation, multiple feed bait anticoagulant bait that may be shipped to all US states.
- Please note that JT Eaton's Peanut Butter Bait is a first generation, multiple feed bait that requires several feedings for a lethal dose and does not work well in mice control. We recommend JT Eaton's Nectus 2G Soft Bait for mice control.
- Each Sidekick Bait Station measures :9 1/2" x 8 3/4" with a height of 4 1/2 inches
- These bait blocks do not contain a center hole in order to place on rods that come with the bait station. Contrac Blox, Final Blox and Gladiator, Fastrac Blox have center holes in order to rod the bait.
- Valued at $ 91.50 or $ 79.95
$92.70Fastrac Soft Bait + Protecta RTU Mouse Bait Stations (12 ) Learn More
Starting at: $88.95
Final Blox Rodenticide combines Bell's highly palatable bait formulation with the powerful active ingredient, Brodifacoum, for the strongest, single-feeding anticoagulant on the market today.
FINAL is effective on both rats and mice. It works especially well to clean out persistent mouse infestations where control is difficult or resistance is suspected.
>California has placed Final Blox in a restricted use category. We can not ship Final or Contrac rodenticides to California without a pest control license. If you are a pest control operator or certified applicator in California, please call us with your license number.Learn More
Other single feed baits (non anticoagulants), such as Top Gun, Fastrac, and Terad3 are available in all states.
Starting at: $9.90
Pro-Pest Professional Lures for Rats & Mice lures rats and mice with 100% food-grade materials. It has no peanuts and no pesticides, with no known allergens. It may be used in sensitive areas like nurseries, day care centers, hospitals, food processing plants, etc.
Use it with snap traps, multi catch traps, live animal traps, Tin Cats, etc.Learn More
Starting at: $19.95
Protecta LP Bait Station can be used for rats or mice. The name "LP", means low profile. These low profile bait stations fit snugly in corners and lay flush along the walls. Rodents travel along walls and in corners. The low profile design is particularly useful to fit under pallets and any other tight baiting locations. It is triangular shaped and measures 3 3/8" tall by 9" deep (approx. 76mm x 228mm).
Protecta LP is a tamper-resistant rat bait station that is designed for inside or outside buildings.Learn More
Starting at: $6.50
Pro-Pest Professional Lure is made of 100% food -grade lure of oils, essential nuts, and seeds. It does not contain peanuts. It is aromatic and is long lasting.
Use Pro-Pest Professional lure as an attractant in all types of rodent traps, such as glue boards, snap traps, live traps or multi-catch traps such as Victor Tin Cats and Ketch Alls.Learn More
Rat Control Steps
1. Inspect for rodent activity
- Determine the size and severity of rat infestation by inspecting the premises
- Keep grass cut short; tall grass hides rodents from natural predators.
- Overhanging trees provide protective areas for rats; keep overhanging trees cut back.
- Debris should be removed from the exterior. Clutter and garbage provide shelter and food for rodents.
- A 2 foot wide barrier of cement or crushed rock around the perimeter of the house would help exclude rodents.
- Make sure that garbage cans outside and dumpsters have a tight seal. Rodents will eat any food thrown in the garbage. Dumpsters are one of the primary rodent zones in commercial establishments.
- Dumpster should be placed at least 75 feet from the structure if possible.
- Dumpsters need to be emptied regularly.
- Identify and eliminate conditions that make it possible for rats to survive.
- They need shelter (harborage), food and water.
- Click Here: Rodent Exclusion Tips