How to Get Rid of RatsThere are two popular methods used to get rid of rats:
Rat Control Products
We carry a full line of rat bait, rat traps, rat bait stations, rodent inspection tools, animal repellents and rat exclusion materials.
Rat Trapping Tips
- One advantage of trapping is easy verification that the rat is actually captured.
- The key to success when trapping is being aggressive and placing several rat traps where the rats are active.
- To lure the rat to the trap, use an attractant such as Provoke Rat Attractant by placing it on the trap.
Rat Baiting Tips
- Place rat bait in tamper resistant rat bait stations throughout the rat infested area, spacing 30 to 60 feet apart.
- The EPA requires that bait be placed in tamper resistant bait stations to protect people and unintended animals from accidentally eating the bait.
- Rats continue their normal activity until the bait takes affect, so it is not possible to determine where it will die.
- Bait is like food to rats so they seek it.
- It is very important to inspect rodent activity before beginning any rodent control program. We carry UV black light and non-toxic tracking powder for easy inspection.
- Commensal Rodent Identification
Exclusion by blocking structural entry points with copper mesh is typically used in combination with trapping and baiting for maximum effect.
Starting at: $125.20
Combine Protecta Ambush Rat Bait Stations with Nectus 2G Soft Bait for greater savings. The Proteca Ambush Stations are large enough for both rats and mice.
JT Eaton Nectus 2G Second Generation Rodenticide -16 lbs (656 soft pouches) is a soft bait containing 005% Bromadiolone. Made of oil scented compounds, this is moist, tasty and palatable rodent bait. It is especially suited for rodents which are reluctant to take other baits and for places where there is a source of competing food.Learn More
Starting at: $123.50
Combine JT Eaton Bait's Block 2G Second Generation Rodenticide with Ambush Bait Stations for savings. JT Eaton's Bait Block 2G with .005% Bromadialone is made of very palatable ingredients to attract the rodents to the Ambush bait stations.Learn More
$14.95 As low as: $7.49Odor Destroyer, one can treats a 20 feet x 20 feet room. Odor Destroyer quickly eliminates malodors exam rooms, waiting rooms, grooming and bathing areas. Commercial strength deodorizer, destroys malodors by breaking down molecular structures. Learn More
Starting at: $25.00
The Aegis-RP Bait Station combines a quality design with speed of servicing. It has muliple uses (holding baits or traps) and is tamper-resistant. You can place it horizontally on a flat surface or vertical for tight spaces or a high water area. The Aegis RP Bait Station is designed to open away from the wall, making it very quick to service. The design also encourages shy rats to enter, because they can see an exit.Learn More
Starting at: $136.50
Combine Take Down Soft Bait with Protecta Ambush Rodent Bait Stations for greater savings.Learn More
$145.00 As low as: $122.50
The Protecta Evo Express IQ trays may be placed into existing or new Protecta Evo Express Stations. Protecta Evo Express IQ allows you to track when rodents are entering or exiting the station by a proprietary sensor. These sensors collect data and timestamps of rodent activity and communicate through Bluetooth technology. Along with the sensor, these IQ trays include an antenna and is water-proof and weather-proof.
It can hold up to 8 bait blocks, 2 Mini-Rex mice traps, 2 T-Rex rat traps, or a combo of these option Learn More
$41.85 As low as: $37.82
Protecta EVO Weighted Landscape Stations by Bell Labs not only blend in with outdoor landscapes but they have pre-installed custom bricks on the bottom that secure the stations from moving. These rodent bait stations look like a stone with a naturally textured surface for authenticity.Learn More
Starting at: $7.50
The Neo Rodent station is a rodent bait station (works for both rats and mice) with a unique design. Rodents have characteristics called“thigmophilic behavior”. This behavior describes their reliance upon touch to navigate environments. This minimizes the fear of something new in the environment. The design of this rodent bait station allows the rodents to maintain constant contact with both ground and vertical surfaces before entering the open entry tunnel.
You can use either the T-Rex, mini Rex trap or rodent baits inside this rodent station.Learn More
Rat Control Steps
1. Inspect for rodent activity
- Determine the size and severity of rat infestation by inspecting the premises
- Keep grass cut short; tall grass hides rodents from natural predators.
- Overhanging trees provide protective areas for rats; keep overhanging trees cut back.
- Debris should be removed from the exterior. Clutter and garbage provide shelter and food for rodents.
- A 2 foot wide barrier of cement or crushed rock around the perimeter of the house would help exclude rodents.
- Make sure that garbage cans outside and dumpsters have a tight seal. Rodents will eat any food thrown in the garbage. Dumpsters are one of the primary rodent zones in commercial establishments.
- Dumpster should be placed at least 75 feet from the structure if possible.
- Dumpsters need to be emptied regularly.
- Identify and eliminate conditions that make it possible for rats to survive.
- They need shelter (harborage), food and water.
- Click Here: Rodent Exclusion Tips