How to Get Rid of RatsThere are two popular methods used to get rid of rats:
Rat Control Products
We carry a full line of rat bait, rat traps, rat bait stations, rodent inspection tools, animal repellents and rat exclusion materials.
Rat Trapping Tips
- One advantage of trapping is easy verification that the rat is actually captured.
- The key to success when trapping is being aggressive and placing several rat traps where the rats are active.
- To lure the rat to the trap, use an attractant such as Provoke Rat Attractant by placing it on the trap.
Rat Baiting Tips
- Place rat bait in tamper resistant rat bait stations throughout the rat infested area, spacing 30 to 60 feet apart.
- The EPA requires that bait be placed in tamper resistant bait stations to protect people and unintended animals from accidentally eating the bait.
- Rats continue their normal activity until the bait takes affect, so it is not possible to determine where it will die.
- Bait is like food to rats so they seek it.
- It is very important to inspect rodent activity before beginning any rodent control program. We carry UV black light and non-toxic tracking powder for easy inspection.
- Commensal Rodent Identification
Exclusion by blocking structural entry points with copper mesh is typically used in combination with trapping and baiting for maximum effect.
$95.25 As low as: $91.25
Contrac Blox with Lumitrack has an additive that causes rodent droppings to glow a bright green color under an UV light. Contrac Blox with Lumitrack contains the active ingredient, Bromadiolone and an additional preservative that inhibits mold growth even under the most humid conditions.Learn More
$56.95 As low as: $55.02
Fastrac Blox is a single feed, weather resistant and fast-acting acute rodent bait, containing Bromethalin. Fastrac Blox is used for controlling rodent populations in a quick and effective manner. Fastrac is a small, rough, all-weather baiting blox with many gnawing edges. Secondary poisoning ( e.g., a dog consuming the carcasses of rodents poisoned by Fastrac) does not readily occur with bromethalin.
Fastrac Blox is an excellent choice for mice, with good acceptance of the bait . Fastrac is also labeled for rats, but we are not seeing the same acceptance as we do with mice.Learn More
Another bait, "Take Down Soft Bait" , has the same active ingredient at Fastrac, but seems more appealing to the Norway and Roof rats. Another bait that is highly appealing to rats is Contrac Blox (different active ingredient). Make sure you always use tamper resistant rodent stations.
Starting at: $28.95
Bonide Shotgun Repels All Liquid Concentrate has a unique blend of ingredients causes a mild irritation to animal's nasal passages. When an animal touches, tastes or smells Repels-All this irritation triggers the natural instinct to escape and avoid. The animal simply leaves. Repels-All provides a powerful scent and taste repellent that animals find unpleasant and irritating. Repels All does not harm the animal, it drives them away naturally.
Repels All Concentrate will continue protecting and repelling for up to 2 months.Learn More
$68.50 As low as: $66.50Fastrac Pellets are some of the fastest acting rodent baits (Bromethalin). Fastrac comes in blox form and pellets form. Fastrac is a non-anticoagulant and highly effective on rodents.Fastrac has no bait shyness or resistance and has a very quick kill, killing rats and mice in one or two days. It has a stop feed action allowing more kills with less bait, saving you money. This bromethalin formulation has an high acceptance among rodent populations. The pellets hold up in moist conditions.
Packaging: 121 x 0.53 oz (15 g) Place Pacs Learn More
$14.95 As low as: $7.49Odor Destroyer, one can treats a 20 feet x 20 feet room. Odor Destroyer quickly eliminates malodors exam rooms, waiting rooms, grooming and bathing areas. Commercial strength deodorizer, destroys malodors by breaking down molecular structures. Learn More
Starting at: $27.25
JT Eaton's Bait Block is a first-generation anticoagulant, Diphacinone bait. This peanut butter flavored bait block is very palatable bait. It is best used as a maintenance bait or as a rodent bait to incorporate into your baiting program. Rats and mice love this product, but it is not as effective on mice. It usually takes 7-10 days to kill rats.Learn More
$77.50 As low as: $69.95
Out of stock
Fastrac Soft Bait is fast-acting soft bait that kills anticoagulant resistant Norway rats, Roof rats, and House mice.
An acute bait, Fastrac Soft Bait will knock the rodent population down to a manageable level more quickly than traditional anticoagulant baitsLearn More
$64.89Detex Soft Bait is a non-toxic monitoring soft bait with Lumitrack. This soft bait is highly palatable with a large rodent bait acceptance. This soft bait was developed for long term baiting programs and is especially useful in locations where rodents are accustomed to fatty foods. Learn More
$145.00 As low as: $122.50
The Protecta Evo Express IQ trays may be placed into existing or new Protecta Evo Express Stations. Protecta Evo Express IQ allows you to track when rodents are entering or exiting the station by a proprietary sensor. These sensors collect data and timestamps of rodent activity and communicate through Bluetooth technology. Along with the sensor, these IQ trays include an antenna and is water-proof and weather-proof.
It can hold up to 8 bait blocks, 2 Mini-Rex mice traps, 2 T-Rex rat traps, or a combo of these option Learn More
Starting at: $136.50
Combine Take Down Soft Bait with Protecta Ambush Rodent Bait Stations for greater savings.Learn More
Rat Control Steps
1. Inspect for rodent activity
- Determine the size and severity of rat infestation by inspecting the premises
- Keep grass cut short; tall grass hides rodents from natural predators.
- Overhanging trees provide protective areas for rats; keep overhanging trees cut back.
- Debris should be removed from the exterior. Clutter and garbage provide shelter and food for rodents.
- A 2 foot wide barrier of cement or crushed rock around the perimeter of the house would help exclude rodents.
- Make sure that garbage cans outside and dumpsters have a tight seal. Rodents will eat any food thrown in the garbage. Dumpsters are one of the primary rodent zones in commercial establishments.
- Dumpster should be placed at least 75 feet from the structure if possible.
- Dumpsters need to be emptied regularly.
- Identify and eliminate conditions that make it possible for rats to survive.
- They need shelter (harborage), food and water.
- Click Here: Rodent Exclusion Tips