How to Get Rid of RatsThere are two popular methods used to get rid of rats:
Rat Control Products
We carry a full line of rat bait, rat traps, rat bait stations, rodent inspection tools, animal repellents and rat exclusion materials.
Rat Trapping Tips
- One advantage of trapping is easy verification that the rat is actually captured.
- The key to success when trapping is being aggressive and placing several rat traps where the rats are active.
- To lure the rat to the trap, use an attractant such as Provoke Rat Attractant by placing it on the trap.
Rat Baiting Tips
- Place rat bait in tamper resistant rat bait stations throughout the rat infested area, spacing 30 to 60 feet apart.
- The EPA requires that bait be placed in tamper resistant bait stations to protect people and unintended animals from accidentally eating the bait.
- Rats continue their normal activity until the bait takes affect, so it is not possible to determine where it will die.
- Bait is like food to rats so they seek it.
- It is very important to inspect rodent activity before beginning any rodent control program. We carry UV black light and non-toxic tracking powder for easy inspection.
- Commensal Rodent Identification
Exclusion by blocking structural entry points with copper mesh is typically used in combination with trapping and baiting for maximum effect.
Starting at: $82.49Contrac Blox is a single feed bait rodent bait (Bromadilone) that is weather resistant. Contrac Blox is an excellent clean-out and maintenance bait to control mice and rats, including warfarin-resistant Norway rats. California has placed Contrac Blox in a restricted use category. We can not ship Contrac to California without a pest control license. If you are a pest control operator or a certified applicator in California, please call us with your license number. Other single feed baits (non anticoagulants), such as Gladiator, Top Gun, Fastrac, and Terad3 are available in all states. Learn More
Starting at: $121.55
Combine Protecta Ambush Rat Bait Stations with Nectus 2G Soft Bait for greater savings. The Proteca Ambush Stations are large enough for both rats and mice.
JT Eaton Nectus 2G Second Generation Rodenticide -16 lbs (656 soft pouches) is a soft bait containing 005% Bromadiolone. Made of oil scented compounds, this is moist, tasty and palatable rodent bait. It is especially suited for rodents which are reluctant to take other baits and for places where there is a source of competing food.Learn More
$169.85Contrac Kit - 1 case of 6 tamper-proof rat-sized Protecta stations and 1 (18 lbs) pail of Contrac Blox
The Protecta Bait stations by Bell Labs are safe for children and pets.
JT Eaton's Nectus 2G Soft Bait is a second generation bait (single feed bait for a lethal dosage). Nectus is a soft bait containing 005% Bromadiolone. Made of oil scented compounds, this is moist, tasty and palatable rodent bait. It is especially suited for rodents which are reluctant to take other baits and for places where there is a source of competing food. It is even more palatable than food material found in food warehouses and stables. The moisture content in Nectus 2G Second Generation makes in an ideal bait for use indoors where water is not as available to rodents.Learn More
Starting at: $119.90
Combine JT Eaton Bait's Block 2G Second Generation Rodenticide with Ambush Bait Stations for savings. JT Eaton's Bait Block 2G with .005% Bromadialone is made of very palatable ingredients to attract the rodents to the Ambush bait stations.Learn More
$92.50 As low as: $83.95
Contrac Blox with Lumitrack has an additive that causes rodent droppings to glow a bright green color under an UV light. Contrac Blox with Lumitrack contains the active ingredient, Bromadiolone and an additional preservative that inhibits mold growth even under the most humid conditions.Learn More
Starting at: $128.00
Kaput Combo Bait Mini Blocks combine Warfarin (rodenticide) and Imidacloprid (insecticide) to kill Norway rats, roof rats, house mice, and voles. With the addition of imidacloprid insecticide, it kills fleas that feed on the rodents.Learn More
Starting at: $37.50
The JT Eaton Apple Flavor Bait Block has high bait acceptance to attract both rats and mice. The apple flavored bait block has a blend of grains and natural foods that keep the rodents coming for the bait.
These 1 ounce bait blocks contain the active ingredient, Diphacinone 0.05%, a first-generation rodenticide. This rodent bait is an all weather block form and may be used both inside and outside. It has a center hole that may be used to "rod" the bait on rods in bait stations.Learn More
Out of stock(Discontinued)
AC Formula 90 is a seed and grain rodent bait with excellent bait acceptance by rodents. This exceptional bait is highly palatable with its seed and grain formulation. AC Formula 90 contains chlorophacinone, a first generation, multiple feed bait. It is packed in a pail of 75x 1.5 oz packs.Learn More
Rat Control Steps
1. Inspect for rodent activity
- Determine the size and severity of rat infestation by inspecting the premises
- Keep grass cut short; tall grass hides rodents from natural predators.
- Overhanging trees provide protective areas for rats; keep overhanging trees cut back.
- Debris should be removed from the exterior. Clutter and garbage provide shelter and food for rodents.
- A 2 foot wide barrier of cement or crushed rock around the perimeter of the house would help exclude rodents.
- Make sure that garbage cans outside and dumpsters have a tight seal. Rodents will eat any food thrown in the garbage. Dumpsters are one of the primary rodent zones in commercial establishments.
- Dumpster should be placed at least 75 feet from the structure if possible.
- Dumpsters need to be emptied regularly.
- Identify and eliminate conditions that make it possible for rats to survive.
- They need shelter (harborage), food and water.
- Click Here: Rodent Exclusion Tips