How to Get Rid of RatsThere are two popular methods used to get rid of rats:
Rat Control Products
We carry a full line of rat bait, rat traps, rat bait stations, rodent inspection tools, animal repellents and rat exclusion materials.
Rat Trapping Tips
- One advantage of trapping is easy verification that the rat is actually captured.
- The key to success when trapping is being aggressive and placing several rat traps where the rats are active.
- To lure the rat to the trap, use an attractant such as Provoke Rat Attractant by placing it on the trap.
Rat Baiting Tips
- Place rat bait in tamper resistant rat bait stations throughout the rat infested area, spacing 30 to 60 feet apart.
- The EPA requires that bait be placed in tamper resistant bait stations to protect people and unintended animals from accidentally eating the bait.
- Rats continue their normal activity until the bait takes affect, so it is not possible to determine where it will die.
- Bait is like food to rats so they seek it.
- It is very important to inspect rodent activity before beginning any rodent control program. We carry UV black light and non-toxic tracking powder for easy inspection.
- Commensal Rodent Identification
Exclusion by blocking structural entry points with copper mesh is typically used in combination with trapping and baiting for maximum effect.
$56.95 As low as: $55.02
Fastrac Blox is a single feed, weather resistant and fast-acting acute rodent bait, containing Bromethalin. Fastrac Blox is used for controlling rodent populations in a quick and effective manner. Fastrac is a small, rough, all-weather baiting blox with many gnawing edges. Secondary poisoning ( e.g., a dog consuming the carcasses of rodents poisoned by Fastrac) does not readily occur with bromethalin.
Fastrac Blox is an excellent choice for mice, with good acceptance of the bait . Fastrac is also labeled for rats, but we are not seeing the same acceptance as we do with mice.Learn More
Another bait, "Take Down Soft Bait" , has the same active ingredient at Fastrac, but seems more appealing to the Norway and Roof rats. Another bait that is highly appealing to rats is Contrac Blox (different active ingredient). Make sure you always use tamper resistant rodent stations.
$68.50 As low as: $66.50Fastrac Pellets are some of the fastest acting rodent baits (Bromethalin). Fastrac comes in blox form and pellets form. Fastrac is a non-anticoagulant and highly effective on rodents.Fastrac has no bait shyness or resistance and has a very quick kill, killing rats and mice in one or two days. It has a stop feed action allowing more kills with less bait, saving you money. This bromethalin formulation has an high acceptance among rodent populations. The pellets hold up in moist conditions.
Packaging: 121 x 0.53 oz (15 g) Place Pacs Learn More
Starting at: $37.50
The JT Eaton Apple Flavor Bait Block has high bait acceptance to attract both rats and mice. The apple flavored bait block has a blend of grains and natural foods that keep the rodents coming for the bait.
These 1 ounce bait blocks contain the active ingredient, Diphacinone 0.05%, a first-generation rodenticide. This rodent bait is an all weather block form and may be used both inside and outside. It has a center hole that may be used to "rod" the bait on rods in bait stations.Learn More
Starting at: $119.50
Out of stock
Kaput Combo Bait Mini Blocks combine Warfarin (rodenticide) and Imidacloprid (insecticide) to kill Norway rats, roof rats, house mice, and voles. With the addition of imidacloprid insecticide, it kills fleas that feed on the rodents.Learn More
$42.50 As low as: $38.50
Out of stock
JT Eaton Top Gun Bromethalin -#750 Blocks (128 x .5 oz )
Top Gun with Bromethalin is a fast acting rodent bait that gives you quick results with an average death in 1-2 days. Top Gun also has a stop feeding feature in order to conserve bait. Rodents only enough to get one lethal dose. In order to discourage children and pets from eating this bait, it contains bitrex. Even though the bait contains bitrex, always use tamper-resistant bait stations around children and pets.Learn More
Starting at: $88.95
Final Blox Rodenticide combines Bell's highly palatable bait formulation with the powerful active ingredient, Brodifacoum, for the strongest, single-feeding anticoagulant on the market today.
FINAL is effective on both rats and mice. It works especially well to clean out persistent mouse infestations where control is difficult or resistance is suspected.
>California has placed Final Blox in a restricted use category. We can not ship Final or Contrac rodenticides to California without a pest control license. If you are a pest control operator or certified applicator in California, please call us with your license number.Learn More
Other single feed baits (non anticoagulants), such as Top Gun, Fastrac, and Terad3 are available in all states.
Starting at: $138.50
When using rodent baits, it is critical that you have a bait with high acceptance, which FirstStrike by Lipha Tech accomplishes. FirstStrike Rodent Bait is a soft bait that does well in rodent acceptance. It is especially useful when there are other food sources that would compete with a rodent bait. These soft pouches may be used on vertical or horizontal rods inside tamper-resistant bait stations and allow the enticing aroma to attract the rodents. First Strike Soft Bait with difethialone is a single feed bait, giving you quick results.Learn More
Rat Control Steps
1. Inspect for rodent activity
- Determine the size and severity of rat infestation by inspecting the premises
- Keep grass cut short; tall grass hides rodents from natural predators.
- Overhanging trees provide protective areas for rats; keep overhanging trees cut back.
- Debris should be removed from the exterior. Clutter and garbage provide shelter and food for rodents.
- A 2 foot wide barrier of cement or crushed rock around the perimeter of the house would help exclude rodents.
- Make sure that garbage cans outside and dumpsters have a tight seal. Rodents will eat any food thrown in the garbage. Dumpsters are one of the primary rodent zones in commercial establishments.
- Dumpster should be placed at least 75 feet from the structure if possible.
- Dumpsters need to be emptied regularly.
- Identify and eliminate conditions that make it possible for rats to survive.
- They need shelter (harborage), food and water.
- Click Here: Rodent Exclusion Tips