How to Get Rid of RatsThere are two popular methods used to get rid of rats:
Rat Control Products
We carry a full line of rat bait, rat traps, rat bait stations, rodent inspection tools, animal repellents and rat exclusion materials.
Rat Trapping Tips
- One advantage of trapping is easy verification that the rat is actually captured.
- The key to success when trapping is being aggressive and placing several rat traps where the rats are active.
- To lure the rat to the trap, use an attractant such as Provoke Rat Attractant by placing it on the trap.
Rat Baiting Tips
- Place rat bait in tamper resistant rat bait stations throughout the rat infested area, spacing 30 to 60 feet apart.
- The EPA requires that bait be placed in tamper resistant bait stations to protect people and unintended animals from accidentally eating the bait.
- Rats continue their normal activity until the bait takes affect, so it is not possible to determine where it will die.
- Bait is like food to rats so they seek it.
- It is very important to inspect rodent activity before beginning any rodent control program. We carry UV black light and non-toxic tracking powder for easy inspection.
- Commensal Rodent Identification
Exclusion by blocking structural entry points with copper mesh is typically used in combination with trapping and baiting for maximum effect.
$71.85 As low as: $64.50Fastrac Pellets are some of the fastest acting rodent baits (Bromethalin). Fastrac comes in blox form and pellets form. Fastrac is a non-anticoagulant and highly effective on rodents.Fastrac has no bait shyness or resistance and has a very quick kill, killing rats and mice in one or two days. It has a stop feed action allowing more kills with less bait, saving you money. This bromethalin formulation has an high acceptance among rodent populations. The pellets hold up in moist conditions.
Packaging: 121 x 0.53 oz (15 g) Place Pacs Learn More
Starting at: $128.00
Kaput Combo Bait Mini Blocks combine Warfarin (rodenticide) and Imidacloprid (insecticide) to kill Norway rats, roof rats, house mice, and voles. With the addition of imidacloprid insecticide, it kills fleas that feed on the rodents.Learn More
$68.95 As low as: $64.50
JT Eaton Top Gun Bromethalin #754- Place Packs (128 x .5 oz )
Top Gun Place Packs, like Top Gun Blocks are made to kill rats and house mice very quickly. The active ingredient, Bromethalin is a neurological bait with less of a tendency to second hand poisoning. As a fast acting bait, it kills rodent in just a couple of days.
Top Gun also has a stop feeding feature in order to conserve bait. Rodents only eat enough to get one lethal dose. In order to discourage children and pets from eating this bait, it contains bitrex. Even though the bait contains bitrex, always use tamper-resistant bait stations around children and pets.Learn More
$98.93 As low as: $95.37
Contrac mouse and rat bait is a single feeding anticoagulant rodent bait; rodents ingest a lethal dosage in one feeding. The active ingredient is Bromadiolone, which controls Warfarin -resistant rats. This packaging of Contrac pellets is commonly used in industrial or commercial areas. The pellets are a blue color for easy identification as a non-food item. Contrac Pellets may be used in meat and poultry plants.
Contrac Pellets- AdvantagesLearn More
$94.00 As low as: $89.50
Contrac is an bromadiolone rodenticide, known for its high bait acceptance with rodents. Contrac is a single feed bait that would work well for either servere or moderate rodent infestations.
Contrac Pellets are in easy to use place pacs (pre-measured polyglassine place pacs). These pacs hold up well in moist conditions and keep the bait fresh.(California has placed all second generation anticoagulant rodenticides in a restricted use category. We can not ship Contrac or Final rodenticides to California without a pest control license. If you are a pest control operator in California, please call use with your license number.
Other single feed baits (non anticoagulants), such as Top Gun, Fastrac, and Terad3 are available in all states.) Learn More
$130.85 As low as: $121.85
Contrac Pellets in place packs is a single feeding anticoagulant bait with Bromadiolone. Pellets give the rodent and opportunity to gnaw, and they hold up well in moist surroundings. As all of the products in the Contrac line of rodent baits, there is outstanding bait acceptance and a long shelf life. The polyglassine place pacs keep bait fresh and free from contaminating odors. The slender place pacs can be used in bait stations along rodent runways and in hard-to-reach locations. Packs can be opened also, and loose pellets poured down burrows. Of all of the single-feeding anticoagulants, Contrac is less toxic to non-targeted animals in primary and secondary poisoning scenarios. The antidote for Bromadiolone is Vitamin K1, and it is readily available. There is a time factor for the administration of Vitamin K1.Learn More
$140.67 As low as: $126.67Final Place Packs with brodifacoum kill warfarin resistant rats and mice. With Final Place Packs , rats and house mice may consume a lethal dose in one night's feeding with the first dead rodents appearing four or five days after feeding begins. Rodents open the Final place pacs with their gnawing. Effective on both rats and mice, Final Rodenticide works especially well to clean out persistent mouse infestations where control is difficult or resistance is suspected.
Packaging : 291 x 25 gram packs Learn More
$46.25 As low as: $43.50
Out of stockLike Terad3 BLOX, Terad3 Pellets offers the low hazard benefits of the active ingredient, Vitamin D3, in a pelleted bait. Terad 3 with Vitamin D3 kills anticoagulant-resistant rats and mice yet substantially reduces the risk of secondary poisoning.It also poses low toxicity to birds.No secondary poisoning for birds of prey.
Packaging : Terad3 Pellets-6 lbs. Learn More
Rat Control Steps
1. Inspect for rodent activity
- Determine the size and severity of rat infestation by inspecting the premises
- Keep grass cut short; tall grass hides rodents from natural predators.
- Overhanging trees provide protective areas for rats; keep overhanging trees cut back.
- Debris should be removed from the exterior. Clutter and garbage provide shelter and food for rodents.
- A 2 foot wide barrier of cement or crushed rock around the perimeter of the house would help exclude rodents.
- Make sure that garbage cans outside and dumpsters have a tight seal. Rodents will eat any food thrown in the garbage. Dumpsters are one of the primary rodent zones in commercial establishments.
- Dumpster should be placed at least 75 feet from the structure if possible.
- Dumpsters need to be emptied regularly.
- Identify and eliminate conditions that make it possible for rats to survive.
- They need shelter (harborage), food and water.
- Click Here: Rodent Exclusion Tips