How to Get Rid of RatsThere are two popular methods used to get rid of rats:
Rat Control Products
We carry a full line of rat bait, rat traps, rat bait stations, rodent inspection tools, animal repellents and rat exclusion materials.
Rat Trapping Tips
- One advantage of trapping is easy verification that the rat is actually captured.
- The key to success when trapping is being aggressive and placing several rat traps where the rats are active.
- To lure the rat to the trap, use an attractant such as Provoke Rat Attractant by placing it on the trap.
Rat Baiting Tips
- Place rat bait in tamper resistant rat bait stations throughout the rat infested area, spacing 30 to 60 feet apart.
- The EPA requires that bait be placed in tamper resistant bait stations to protect people and unintended animals from accidentally eating the bait.
- Rats continue their normal activity until the bait takes affect, so it is not possible to determine where it will die.
- Bait is like food to rats so they seek it.
- It is very important to inspect rodent activity before beginning any rodent control program. We carry UV black light and non-toxic tracking powder for easy inspection.
- Commensal Rodent Identification
Exclusion by blocking structural entry points with copper mesh is typically used in combination with trapping and baiting for maximum effect.
$68.50 As low as: $66.50Fastrac Pellets are some of the fastest acting rodent baits (Bromethalin). Fastrac comes in blox form and pellets form. Fastrac is a non-anticoagulant and highly effective on rodents.Fastrac has no bait shyness or resistance and has a very quick kill, killing rats and mice in one or two days. It has a stop feed action allowing more kills with less bait, saving you money. This bromethalin formulation has an high acceptance among rodent populations. The pellets hold up in moist conditions.
Packaging: 121 x 0.53 oz (15 g) Place Pacs Learn More
Starting at: $119.50
Kaput Combo Bait Mini Blocks combine Warfarin (rodenticide) and Imidacloprid (insecticide) to kill Norway rats, roof rats, house mice, and voles. With the addition of imidacloprid insecticide, it kills fleas that feed on the rodents.Learn More
Starting at: $37.50
The JT Eaton Apple Flavor Bait Block has high bait acceptance to attract both rats and mice. The apple flavored bait block has a blend of grains and natural foods that keep the rodents coming for the bait.
These 1 ounce bait blocks contain the active ingredient, Diphacinone 0.05%, a first-generation rodenticide. This rodent bait is an all weather block form and may be used both inside and outside. It has a center hole that may be used to "rod" the bait on rods in bait stations.Learn More
Out of stock(Discontinued)
AC Formula 90 is a seed and grain rodent bait with excellent bait acceptance by rodents. This exceptional bait is highly palatable with its seed and grain formulation. AC Formula 90 contains chlorophacinone, a first generation, multiple feed bait. It is packed in a pail of 75x 1.5 oz packs.Learn More
Starting at: $31.55
Flatline Soft Bait with Chlorophacinone is a highly acceptable bait to get rid of rodents such as Roof rats, Norway rats, and House Mice. Even though this bait is a multiple feed bait, it has a faster kill than Diaphacione baits such as Ditrac.Learn More
Out of stock
Protecta Sidekick Stations (6) + JT Eaton Peanut Butter Bait Block (9lb )+ 1 key
- Combine Sidekick Stations and JT Eaton Peanut Butter Bait Block for rodent control for rats (this bait will not work well with mice). Simple place the peanut butter flavored rodent bait inside the Sidekick bait stations. These bait stations may be used inside or outside and are designed to keep children and pets away from the bait..
- JT Eaton Bait Block (704-PN) is a pail of (32) 2 oz bait blocks. It is a first generation, multiple feed bait anticoagulant bait that may be shipped to all US states.
- Please note that JT Eaton's Peanut Butter Bait is a first generation, multiple feed bait that requires several feedings for a lethal dose and does not work well in mice control. We recommend JT Eaton's Nectus 2G Soft Bait for mice control.
- Each Sidekick Bait Station measures :9 1/2" x 8 3/4" with a height of 4 1/2 inches
- These bait blocks do not contain a center hole in order to place on rods that come with the bait station. Contrac Blox, Final Blox and Gladiator, Fastrac Blox have center holes in order to rod the bait.
- Valued at $ 91.50 or $ 79.95
$68.95 As low as: $64.50
JT Eaton Top Gun Bromethalin #754- Place Packs (128 x .5 oz )
Top Gun Place Packs, like Top Gun Blocks are made to kill rats and house mice very quickly. The active ingredient, Bromethalin is a neurological bait with less of a tendency to second hand poisoning. As a fast acting bait, it kills rodent in just a couple of days.
Top Gun also has a stop feeding feature in order to conserve bait. Rodents only eat enough to get one lethal dose. In order to discourage children and pets from eating this bait, it contains bitrex. Even though the bait contains bitrex, always use tamper-resistant bait stations around children and pets.Learn More
Contrac mouse and rat bait is a single feeding anticoagulant rodent bait; rodents ingest a lethal dosage in one feeding. The active ingredient is Bromadiolone, which controls Warfarin -resistant rats. This packaging of Contrac pellets is commonly used in industrial or commercial areas. The pellets are a blue color for easy identification as a non-food item. Contrac Pellets may be used in meat and poultry plants.
Contrac Pellets- AdvantagesLearn More
$95.98 As low as: $92.50
Contrac is an bromadiolone rodenticide, known for its high bait acceptance with rodents. Contrac is a single feed bait that would work well for either servere or moderate rodent infestations.
Contrac Pellets are in easy to use place pacs (pre-measured polyglassine place pacs). These pacs hold up well in moist conditions and keep the bait fresh.(California has placed all second generation anticoagulant rodenticides in a restricted use category. We can not ship Contrac or Final rodenticides to California without a pest control license. If you are a pest control operator in California, please call use with your license number.
Other single feed baits (non anticoagulants), such as Top Gun, Fastrac, and Terad3 are available in all states.) Learn More
Rat Control Steps
1. Inspect for rodent activity
- Determine the size and severity of rat infestation by inspecting the premises
- Keep grass cut short; tall grass hides rodents from natural predators.
- Overhanging trees provide protective areas for rats; keep overhanging trees cut back.
- Debris should be removed from the exterior. Clutter and garbage provide shelter and food for rodents.
- A 2 foot wide barrier of cement or crushed rock around the perimeter of the house would help exclude rodents.
- Make sure that garbage cans outside and dumpsters have a tight seal. Rodents will eat any food thrown in the garbage. Dumpsters are one of the primary rodent zones in commercial establishments.
- Dumpster should be placed at least 75 feet from the structure if possible.
- Dumpsters need to be emptied regularly.
- Identify and eliminate conditions that make it possible for rats to survive.
- They need shelter (harborage), food and water.
- Click Here: Rodent Exclusion Tips