Siesta Insecticide Fire Ant Bait
Siesta Insecticide Fire Ant Bait is a yellow granular bait containing 0.063% metaflumizone on a corn grit bait and soybean oil base. Both imported and native fire ants are strongly attracted to Siesta's lure inside of its bait. The fire ants eagerly take the bait back to the mound as food, eating it, destroying the colony. Testing of Siesta has proven to be an effective fire ant treatment. It provides both fast and long-lasting control of these fire ants. It kills within 72 hours
Siesta Fire Ant Application Tips
- Best applied at first sign of fire ant activity.
- Best applied in temperatures above 60°F, when ants are actively foraging.(Think picnic weather)
- Best applied in early morning (no dew) or late in the afternoon
- DO NOT water in granules after application.
- DO NOT apply when the ground is saturated with water or when heavy rains are expected within 12 hours of treatment.
- If treated areas need to be irrigated, then wait at least 12 hours following treatment.
- Product Brochure
Siesta Insecticide Fire Ant Bait can be applied as a mound treatment or broadcast treatment. Siesta is best applied as a broadcast treatment as opposed to individual mound treatment.Treating as a broadcast treatment within the desired areas of coverage would treat the fire ants that are not discovered or hidden. It can be applied using a hand spreader, push-type spreader or backpack spreader.
- Broadcast treatments: 1.0- 1.15 lb per acre.
- Mound treatments: 1.0-2.0 (2-4 level tablespoons) around the mound.
- Do not apply more than 6.0 lb of Siesta per acre per year or four applications
How Siesta Works
Siesta Fire Ant Bait's metaflumizone causes paralysis of the ants by blocking the sodium channel of the nervous system.