Sonar RTU, with the active ingredient, fluridone for pond weed management. Sonar RTU is simple to use; open the ready-to-use quart bottle and pour along the shoreline. Sonar RTU controls most nuisance aquatic weeds such as duckweed, Milfoil, Bladderwort, Hydrilla, Coontail, Lily and more listed weeds.
For a lower cost alternative, see Alligare's Fluridone RTU. It has the same active ingredient and percentage.
Apply Sonar RTU in both natural or man-made ponds with little or no outflow.
Benefits of using Sepro's Sonar RTU are that there are no restrictions for swimming, fishing or livestock/pet consumption after usage.
How Sonar RTU Works
After Sonar RTU is applied, it is absorbed by the aquatic plants. If the Sonar RTU is not absorbed into the treated plants, it is broken down by sunlight. In 3-6 weeks after application, treated plants begin to turn white or wilt.
- Apply during non-windy, sunny days
- Get optimum results with Sonar RTU when application begins when the weeds have started to grown.
- If algae is present, it can be mixed with Alligare's Copper Algaecide
Application Rates and Schedule- (4 foot Average Pond Depth)- 1/2 acre Pond
- Initial Application -2 quarts
- 2nd Application (Day 21)- 1 quart
- 3rd Application (Day 42) 1 quart
For other pond depths and sizes, see the product label