Springstar Oakstump Codling Moth Trap -S1506
- Buy 12 for $7.50 each and save 16%
Springstar Codling Moth Trap
We have discontinued this product. We suggest Thuricide, as an alternative.
This Oakstump Codling Moth trap by Springstar is used to monitor flights of male moths and point out the best time for treatment. Before Codling moths cause such destructive damage to apples, pears, quince and walnuts, use this trap to help detect outbreaks and treat appropriately. Depending on the climate, these moths emerge 3-5 times a year. It is important to treat during these flight times.
Codling Moth Facts
- They damage apples, pears and nuts
- The larvae (worms ) burrow throught the fruit, leaving tunnels and a brown frass.
- The eggs are laid on the fruit and they hatch out as larvae which damage the fruit.
- Read More : Codling Moths
|Pro Tips||Not Available|
|Target Pest||Codling moths|
|Active Ingredient (s)||Pheromone Lures|
|For Use :||N/A|
PDF Instructions : How to set the Codling Moth Trap
2. Grasp trap by top and bottom flaps. Pull apart to form trap without touching the glue.
3. Open lure packet; place one lure on the inside upper surface of the trap. (Do not touch the attractant lure-see video).
4. Hang the trap in your fruit or nut tree. Place the trap 1 to 2 feet inside the tree canopy. Place traps in trees 1 or 2 weeks before bud break, in early spring.
5 Check for moths every 2 to 3 days and apply appropriate treatments to control moths.
6.Recycle or dispose of traps when full of insects, or at least every 4 weeks.