TakeDown + Detex Soft Bait Kit
Combine Takedown Soft Bait (4 lbs) and Detex Soft Bait with Lumitrack as a perfect solution when using soft baits. Takedown with bromethalin (fast acting, non-anticoagulant neurotoxin) works quickly against rodents with results seen in a couple of days. However, sometimes rodents are shy of the active ingredient, bromethalin. There is a procedure called "pre-baiting" that can help solve this characteristic drawback. The Detex Soft Bait is a non-toxic bait with Lumitrack (rodents' droppings glow under a UV light) that is a highly palatable bait. As a non-toxic bait, Detex is useful as a monitoring tool and a pre-bait option.
Since TakeDown has a powerful neurotoxin, we recommend Tier 1 Bait Stations, such as Protecta Ambush Bait Stations for protection of pets and children. There are no antidotes for bromethalin.
- Inspect areas of rodent activity and place Detex Soft Bait in these areas. If you are unsure of runways, place Detex inside and outside at points of entry to determine rodent activity. Once there is a determination of pathways and harborage areas, place Detex at highest points of entry.
- Let the rodents feed on the Detex Soft Bait for a couple of days, then replace the baiting locations with Takedown Soft Bait.
- Takedown Soft Bait Placements
- House Mice: Place pouches in the area of mice activity; with placements spaced about 8-12 feet apart. Use 1 to 2 pouches per placement and up to 4 pouches per placement in points of high activity.
- Rats: Place pouches in an area of rat activity; with placements spaced about 15-30 feet apart. Start out with 4-24 pouches per placement, but adjust according to the level for rat feeding at each placement.
Vet Guidelines for Pets and Rodenticides
Purchasing Options and Add Ons
- (6) Proteca Ambush Rat Bait Stations (Tier 1 Stations) +1 key
Need Extra Keys ? (Replacement Keys)