Tekko 0.2G -Controlled Release Granular Mosquito Larvicide
Tekko 0.2G Granular Mosquito Larvicide stops the growth cycle of mosquitoes that may transmit harmful diseases such as Zika, Dengue, Chikungunya, and the West Nile virus. As an insect growth regulator, it prevents adult mosquitoes from emerging in small bodies of water such as catch basins, sewers, birdbaths, rain barrels, gutters, flooded rooftops, ditches, drainage areas, and more locations. It can be applied directly to these locations and provides control for up to 90 days.
Use Tekko 0.2G as part of an integrated mosquito control program. If you only treat the adult mosquito population with an insecticide, you are missing about 3/4 of the whole mosquito population. Begin treatment with Tekko 0.2G at the beginning of the mosquito season, since Tekko 0.2G works only against the larval stages of mosquitoes. We recommend combining Proflex treatment (for the yard and foliage) with the Tekko 0.2G ( for the small bodies of water ).
Integrated Mosquito Control
- Eliminate as many potential mosquito breeding sites as you can:
- Empty paint cans, buckets, or anything that is holding water
- Clean birdbaths
- Clean gutters
- Apply Tekko 0.2G to bodies of water to cut the life cycle. You can also apply areas that are not currently wet but have the potential to hold water.
- Apply Proflex to kill the mosquitoes in the yard and foliage. It is encapsulated for longer lasting control and contains two insect growth regulators (Novaluron and Pyriproxyfen) and an insecticide (lambda-Cyhalothrin) for superior insect control.
- The combination of Tekko 0.2G and Proflex would hit the mosquito life cycle at every point, from the eggs to the adults.
Apply Tekko 0.2G (with protective gloves) by hand in breeding sites that hold a small amount of water. These may include birdbaths, open cans, flower pots, under the linings of trash cans, and other smaller containers. You may use Tekko 0.2G in spreaders. Calibrate spreaders to make sure the application rate is accurate.
- Shallow surface pools (up to 6" depth)-Use 26.5 oz. to 53 oz. per 100 sq feet of surface area. For deeper pools and/or high organic matter, use the higher rate.
Water Volume (Gallons
|Low Rat -oz
(Low organic matter content)
|High Rate -oz
High organic matter content
Timing of Application: Since Tekko 0.2G only works against the larval stages of mosquitoes, start mosquito control treatment at the beginning of the mosquito season. Maintain treatments and retreat up to the last brood of the season. It will last 90 days when used at the highest rate and a limited turn-over of water.