Texas Size Texas 2 Step Fire Ant Kit
- (1) Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait-25 lb bag
- (2) 1 lb containers of Martin's Surrender Fire Ant Killer
This fire ant kit contains two products to be used in two steps.
- Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait- First step is to broadcast Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait over the desired area. Broadcast Extinguish Plus twice a year once in the spring and once in the fall. Extinguish Plus 25 lbs treats up to 16.6 acres
- Extinguish Plus combines two active ingredients for complete control of the fire ant colony. It contains hydramethylnon to kill the fire ants and Methoprene as an insect growth regulator (IGR) to prevent new generations.
- Foraging fire ant workers bring the bait back to the nest for the rest of the colony to eat, thereby killing the queen(s).
- It is best to bait when fire ants are active and the temperature is greater than 60° F. Choose a dry, sunny day; do not place bait on moist ground. During the summer months, fire ants mostly forage at night to avoid high temperatures. If the soil temperatures are higher than 90 °F, most ant bait baits will not be as effective.
- Extinguish Plus is a slow acting bait.
- Martin's Surrender Fire Ant Killer-The second step is to use a quick acting dust, Martin's Surrender Fire Ant Killer, on the mounds between the spring and fall broadcasts of the Extinguish Fire Ant Bait. Surrender works faster and will give you immediate control of the fire ants.
- One 1 lb can kills up to 108 fire ant mounds
- Two methods for mound treatment:
1.-Dry Method-Evenly distribute 1 to 2 teaspoons over the mound
2-Drench Method-Mix 1 oz. in 5 gals. of water. Apply 1 gal. of mix to each mound area by sprinkling the mound until it is wet and treat a four (4) foot diameter circle around the mound.
- Click here for more information: Baiting Tips