Turflon Ester-For Control of Bermuda Grass, Kikuyugrass and Broadleaf Weeds in Cool Season Lawns
Monterey's Turflon Ester with over 60.0% Triclopyr controls actively growing annual and perennial broadleaf weeds and suppression of bermudagrass in ornmental turf.
- A post-emergence herbicide for control of Bermudagrass, Kikuyugrass and broadleaf weeds in cool season grass ( in perennial bluegrass, perennial ryegrass or tall fescue ornamental turfgrass)
- Turflon Ester will control hard to control weeds such as Oxalis, Ground Ivy, Wild Violet, Clover and many other broadleaf weeds
- Contains 61.6% active ingredient for use on cool season turf only
- One pint covers up to 20,000 sq. ft
- Spot Treatment: Mix 4 teaspoons in 1 gallon of water (1 teaspoon in a small quart sprayer) in hand pump sprayer and apply to weeds.
Application Rates and Tips
- If turfgrass is newly seeded, mow 2 or 3 times before application of Turflon Ester. Do not reseed for 3 weeks after application (see label for exceptions).
- Do not apply during drought stress or high heat.
- Mix 1/4- 1/3 oz in 2 gals of water or enough water for uniform coverage ( to cover 1,000 sq. ft.) To control bermudagrass and kikuyugrass in turf, apply 3-4 applications at 4 week intervals.
- Wait for 24 hours before watering your lawn.
- Repeat treatments in 4 weeks.
- Since kikuyugrass and bermudagrass are difficult to control, repeat treatments 3 or 4 times at 3-4 week intervals.
- Drift Control-When wind is blowing, avoid spraying so you do not harm susceptible plants.
- Do not use on warm season lawns, such as bentgrass or bermudagrass.
- Monterey Zone Map
||Rate per gallon of water
||1/4-1/2 oz per gal
||3/4 oz per gal
||3/4 oz per gal
1 oz= 6 teaspoons, 3/4 oz= 4 teaspoons