Ultracide Pressurized Flea IGR & Adulticide
Ultracide Flea Spray is a very effective flea control aerosol that provides immediate kill of adult fleas and prevents formation of new adults from eggs or larvae. Ultracide Flea Spray dries quickly and will eliminate flea problems for up to seven months. (Ultracide Flea Spray differs from Precor 2000 in that Ultracide has an initial faster kill.)
Ultracide has a unique combination of active ingredients :
- 0.05% Pyrethrin-For a quick knockdown
- 0.4% Permethrin-for a continued residual
- 0.1% Pyriproxyen- an IGR (insect growth regulator-same as "Nylar IGR") to break the flea cycle. The purpose of an IGR is to cut the growth cycle after it reaches the larvae stage, preventing them from webbing a cocoon at the pupae stage
How Ultracide Flea Spray Works - Breaking The Flea Cycle
It is important to understand the flea cyle in order to kill the whole flea population. Ultracide Aerosol kills the current flea adults, and emerging pupae for several weeks. For every live adult flea present, there are 10 eggs, 7 larvae and 2 cooons.It takes about 4-6 weeks to completely break the flea cycle as the emerging pupae emerge into adults.The IGR will continue to stop the flea cycle for seven months. Even though the active ingredient , Permethrin (kills the emerging adult fleas) provides a residual for one month, it begins to weaken in about two weeks. Many people find it helpful to retreat at this point, so they can get some relief from the emerging adults.
Do not use directly on animals. Keep bare feet, pets and children off the wet surface. It should take a couple hours to dry.
Ultracide Aerosol Application
Use Ultracide at the rate of 20 oz for up to 2,625 sq ft on floor surfaces. Carpeted areas may be vacuumed before treatment and after treatment has dried. Treat infested areas or areas which could be infested. These include rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, pet beds, and pet resting areas.
- One can (20 oz) treats up to 2625 sq ft. Use one can for 1200 sq ft. of carpet area to get proper penetration.
- *It is very important to keep vacuuming every couple days for several weeks after treatment which encourages pupa to emerge and contact insecticide.
- Retreat after two weeks for the adult fleas and again in seven months to prevent future flea growth.
Can not be shipped by expedited choices, per air regulations.