Vendetta Roach Bait-Gentrol Point Source IGR Kit
Get the best of both classes of German roach control products with Vendetta Roach Bait Gel and Gentrol IGR combined in this economical kit. Use Catchmaster glue boards to monitor results.
Vendetta/Gentrol IGR Point Sources Contains
- 1. Vendetta Roach Bait Gel This professional roach bait contains Abamectin B1 0.05%. It is particularly adept in killing hard to kill roaches.
- One box contains 4 (30) gram tubes, 1 plunger.
- This effective roach bait dispenses smoothly and easily; easy to use.
- Free of nut proteins
- Stable in high heat
- (Fits standard bait guns)
- 2. Gentrol Point Sources IGR- 5 discs. These are ready to use (no mixing required.)
- Gentrol Point Source is a special device that contains the Gentrol Insect Growth Regulator (IGR) hydroprene for 90-day control of roaches and other stored product pests. Gentrol Point Source covers 75 square feet.All the benefits of an insect growth regulator in a discreet, non-spray formulation.
- 3. Catchmaster 100I Glue Boards-3 boards (9 traps) -These glue boards are pre-baited with food grade molasses with a sticky adhesive. It attracks the roaches and traps them
Step By Step Instructions
- Use a flashlight to make your inspection. Look for active roaches and their fecal material. The fecal material resembles grains of pepper.
- Apply Vendetta Roach Bait in small spots about 1/4" in diameter (size of a pea). Vendetta Roach Bait can also be applied in thin lines if appropriate. For most infestations, applications should range from 10 to 20 spots per 100 square feet. Use the higher number of spots when infestations are heavy and/or when roaches are living primarily in wall voids or other inaccessible areas. Smaller, more frequent spots are better than occasional large spots.
- Place Vendetta Roach Bait in pea dime-size spots in those areas where you suspect roach activity. This procedure works better than placing long thin lines.
- Place bait in locations where the roaches are running, behind and under ovens, stoves, refrigerator, between the refrigerator and nearby appliance, behind microwaves, toasters, ovens, coffee makers, dishwashers. Place in cabinets and any where you see roach droppings. German roaches will be hiding in dark warm areas.
- For more location tips : Roach Placement Tips
- For most infestations, applications should range from 10 to 20 spots per 100 square feet.
- Use the higher number of spots when infestations are heavy and/or when roaches are living primarily in wall voids or other inaccessible areas.
- Smaller, more frequent spots are better than occasional large spots.
- We recommend placing the bait in small containers like bottle caps. You can also cut wax paper in 4x4 inch sections, make a crease in it, and apply the bait in the crease. Remove these " bait stations" in about a month.
- DO NOT use insecticides because it will contaminate the bait.
- Place the Gentrol Point Source device in areas where roach or stored product pest activity has been observed.
Allow a few days for the roach population to decline and then put out the Catchmaster Insect Trap and Monitors. You can separate them into three small traps or use them as one larger trap. Remove the release paper to expose the glue and then fold them into a “tent.” Place them in areas where roaches have been or are likely to be. Use the adhesive strip on the bottom to attach them to walls or under counters. Monitor the traps frequently to help identify areas of heavy roach activity. As the roach population decreases, the traps are an excellent way to discover and pinpoint new roach activity.
- Pay particular attention to locations of roach activity. More devices may be needed in areas with a heavy roach infestation. Gentrol Point Source may be used in areas where food is handled or prepared. Do not place the devices in direct contact with food preparation surfaces or within two feet of exposed food.
- One to two weeks after application, you will begin to see roaches with crinkled wings, showing the initial effects of Gentrol. Gentrol point sources prevents stored product pests from becoming adults thus breaking the life cycle.
- Activating Gentrol Point Source is as simple as squeezing the raised end of the plastic, adhesive-back device. This releases Gentrol IGR onto a filter paper. Once in place gentrol will move into a 75 foot area and last 90 days.
- Since the molecules are heaver than air they are carried by currents into roach or stored product pests' hiding places.
- Simply place these small stations in areas where roaches/stored product pest have infested.
- Because immature roaches are prevented from developing into reproductive adults, this product effectively breaks the roach life cycle. By inhibiting reproduction, Gentrol Point Source, by itself, will control cockroach populations over time.
- Once Gentrol Point source is released, the active ingredient moves from the Gentrol Point Source device into a localized area. Roaches and stored product pest do not have to come in contact with the Gentrol Point Source device to be affected.
What To Expect
Gentrol Point Source is an insect growth inhibitor. It will not kill immediately. If used by itself, expect to see results in about a week. Cockroaches will appear with twisted wings; males will be unable to reproduce. When Gentrol Point Source is used with the Invict Gold bait, expect to see results in two days. Re-apply if needed. Unless you have a sizeable infestation, you do not need to re-apply.
After about a month, you should be ready for a cleaning detail. The German roach carries a lot allergens that won't just go away after the roach infestation is gone. You will need to wipe down all the areas, including cabinets and walls. Invade Bio Zap is an excellent product for this purpose.