Vexis Herbicide Granular
Vexis Herbicide Granular is a selective herbicide with a new proprietary active ingredient, pyrimisulfan to provide exceptional control of sedge and kylinga species. It comes in an easy-to-use granular formulation that reduces drift or off-target application and may be applied to both dry and wet turf. For best results water in Vexis within 24 hours. After two weeks of application, targeted sedge is dead.
Active Ingredient-Pyrimisulfan 0.025%
Pyrimisulfan works as an ALS inhibitor in the sulfonanilide chemical class. It inhibits an enzyme in the biosynthesis of amino acids. Research shows that it may have activity against weeds that have developed resistance to other ALS-inhibiting heribices.
Vexis Herbicide Granular is safe on both cool and warm established season turfs, including bentgrass (mowed at 0.50") and improved varieties of St. Augustine including floratam and bitterblue. See label for the list of turfs.
Labeled for Use On
- Bentgrass (mowed over ½ inch)
- Bermudagrass (common and hybrid)
- Fine and tall fescues
- Kentucky bluegrass
- Perennial ryegrass
- St. Augustinegrass
- Others as listed
Packaging and Yield
- Apply 2 lb of product per 500 sq.ft. (174 lb of product per acre).
- 15 lb bag treats 3750 sq ft at the rate of 2 lb per 500 sq ft
- Retreatment after 30 days if needed. Don't apply more than a total of 8.26 Ib per 1000 sq.ft. per year (360 lb of product per acre per year).
When to Apply:
- Apply when weeds are actively growing. Retreatment may be necessary when weed pressures are high, when soil moisture is low, or when weeds are not actively growing.
- To avoid injury to improved varieties of St. Augustinegrass or Centipedegrass, apply when night-time temperatures are above 50°F for 7 consecutive nights.
- Wait to reseed or resod until after 21 days following application.