X Lure Fabric Insect Trap (RTU)
The X Lure RTU Fabric Insect Trap by J F Oakes is an all around trap with multiple types of pheromones that are effective on both casemaking and webbing clothes moths. This multi-purpose trap is also effective against brown house moths and varied and black carpet beetles. XLure Fabric Insect Trap is a reusable trap, and is economical with replacement lure available. The X Lure Fabric Insect Trap is ready to use, safe and non-toxic.
The unique design of this multi pheromone trap will permit entry of both crawling beetles and flying moths. After the trap is activated, the pheromones are released in the air. These pheromones attract the males; this reduces the population by reducing the mating. The pheromones remain active for 6-8 weeks. The moths enter from the entry holes on the top and the beetles crawl into the trap on the rough outer surface from the bottom of the trap. It is easy to use and has no exposed glue to harm delicate clothing coming in contact with sticky surfaces.
The X Lure Ready To Use (RTU) Fabric Insect Trap is designed for use in homes, apartments, museums, manufacturing and retail clothing establishments, feather warehouses and other areas where these pests are a problem. The XLure Fabric Insect Trap also features a tab for securing the trap with J.F. Oakes’ new tether system
Packaging: Each trap has one plastic trap and one lure cartridge. Replacement cartridges are available.
- Attracts both Webbing Clothes Moths and Casemaking Clothes Moths
- Attracts both Black Carpet Beetle and Varied Carpet Beetle
- No exposed glue to harm delicate clothing coming in contact with sticky surfaces.
- Pheromones are released at a steady rate over a 6-8 week period.
- Contains four powerful pheromones
- Varied carpet beetle, Anthrenus verbasci: (Z)-5-Undecenoic acid;(E)-5-Undecenoic acid
- Black carpet beetle, Attagenus unicolor: (E,Z)-3,5- Tetradecadienoic acid
- Webbing clothes moth, Tineola bisselliella: (E,Z)-2,13- Octadecadienal and (E,Z)-2,13-Octadecadien-1-ol
- Casemaking clothes moth, Tinea pellionella: E2-18Ald
How To Use X Lure Insect Traps
- Remove the aluminium foil from the cartridge.
- Gently push the cartridge to the bottom of the trap; this forms a base.
- Place the trap on a horizontal surface in the infested area.
- Monitor the traps every couple of days.
- Change the cartridge after it is full with insects.
- The cartridge is effective for 6-8 weeks
Storage and Handling
- 6 months: cold room 68 degrees F
- 12 months: refrigerator 50 degrees F
- 24 months: chiller 40 degrees F
- Handling: Handle carefully, avoid extensive contact by hand
- Longevity: 6-8 weeks