Tim-bor Professional's active ingredient, 98% Disodium Octaborate Tetrahydrate has no known insect resistance. It may used as as a liquid, foam or dust, and provides long term protection against insects(drywood and subterranean termites, wood boring beetles, carpenter ants and decaying fungi.
How Does Timbor Work ?
Tim-bor is a wood preservative that stops and prevents rot and insect attacks. It can be sprayed or brushed onto the surface of lumber, timbers, OSB or plywood. The preservative becomes a part of the wood as it penetrates deep into the wood through a process called diffusion. By diffusing deep into wood fibers, Tim-bor lasts for as long as wood is kept away from flowing water. That means that Timbor has controlling powers that last for a very long time.
Used For Wood Destroying Insects & Decay Fungi
Timbor is not only an insecticide that provides protection and treatment of lumber from wood destroying insects, but also works against fungal decay. This fungal decay includes, brown rot, white rot and wet rots. Timbor is a water soluble, inorganic borate salt with insecticidal properties effective against wood-destoying organisms, including, Subterranean termites, Dry wood termites, Damp wood termites, Carpenter ants, PowderPost Beetles (False PowderPost Beetles, Furniture and Deathwatch Beetles, Old House Borers, Longhorn Beetles, and Ambrosia Beetles.). Timbor does not treat mold or prevent mold from growing.
Types of Applications
Tim-bor can be applied as a solution, foam or dust for wood treatment against wood destroying organisms and as a solution or dust for general insect control. Tim-bor, applied as a solution or foam to wood, will penetrate into the wood to various depths dependent upon the moisture in the wood and the wood species. The active ingredient in Tim-bor does not break down. As normal moisture changes occur in the wood, Tim-bor is always available to be drawn deeper into the wood over time, providing long lasting protection. The mode of action for Timbor is that of a slow acting stomach poison to insects, and a contact poison to decay fungi. As Wood-destroying insects or their larvae feed on, tunnel in and/or digest wood, they accumulate the active ingredient of Timbor into their systems
Timbor - Solution For Long-Term Protection
Timbor is a small investment for your home and key in preventing fungus and termite infestations with one or several applications. Treat your home to Timbor, and you'll be treating yourself to a longer-lasting cure for insect and decay problems.
- Timbor is wood preservative that works as an insecticide and fungicide.
- Timbor is a borate compound(Disodium Octaborate Tetrahydrate ). Borate compounds are derived from mineral deposits that contain the element Boron.
- Timbor is both an insecticide and a fungicide. Insects are exposed to the active ingredient by eating treated wood or by ingestion while grooming. Borates are a contact toxicant to fungi. The borates prevent metabolism of food by insects and fungi causing death.
- Tim-bor can be applied to the surface of bare wood. Tim-bor can be foamed using equipment designed for foaming applications It can also be applied as a dust into void attic and wall void areas for labeled insect control.
- Timbor mixes with water to make a 10% solution or a 15% solution; use 1lb or 1.5 lb per gallon of water.
- Won't stain or discolor wood surfaces.
- Virtually odorless
- Will not corrode screws, nails and other components used in construction.
- Boracare ( Another borate ) allows a deeper absorbion and penetration in wood. If you have powderpost beetles, particulary in furniture, Boracare may be a preferred product. Timbor only absorbs to an 1/4 of an inch.