What is the Trelona Bait System?
The Trelona Bait System (ATBS-Advance Termite Bait System) has replaced the older Advance System with Difubenzuron, with its newer Trelona Bait with Novaluron. Novaluron provides faster termite elimination, using less bait. Novaluron is a chitin inhibitor. Novaluron stops the termite from molting (an essential process for growth). It is designed to suppress or eliminate termite colonies. It does not exclude termites from buildings.
Trelona ATBS Home Monitoring Kit (Pre-Bait Monitoring)
The Trelona ATBS Home Monitoring Kit begins with inspecting the termite bait stations every 60-120 days (see label.) After termites find the bait stations and establish activity, you replace it with Trelona Bait Cartridges. If there is termite activity in the station, continue to make the Trelona Bait Cartridges available for consumption for as long as termite activity is present.
Pre-Bait Monitoring: The combination of (TIC) Inspection Cartridges and the TMB (wood monitoring base) will intice the termites to these stations. The Trelona Home Monitoring Kit will allow you to monitor for termites. If there is indication of termites, remove the TIC inspection cartridges and insert the TBC (Trelona Termite Compressed Bait Cartridges). The TBC (containing Novaluron) will stop the growth processes of the termites when consumed.
TheTrelona bait system is designed for an ongoing control and management of subterranean termite colonies. It is to be placed in the ground around structures. It is also labeled to be used as a non-structure spot treatment in such areas as around trees and wood piles. It will suppress or eliminate termite colonies if the bait is consumed and not interrupted. It will not exclude termites from entering structures.
- The Trelona ATBS Home Monitoring Kit covers 240 linear feet when placed 15 feet apart.
- Trelona Sales Sheet
- (16) Advance Termite Monitoring Bait Stations-TBS that include (TIC Termite Inspection Cartridges) and TMB Termite Monitoring Bases ) The combination of Inspection Cartridges and the TMB (wood monitoring base) will intice the termites to these stations. The Trelona Home Monitoring Kit will allow you to monitor for termites. If there is indication of termites, remove the TIC inspection cartridges and insert the TBC (Trelona Termite Compressed Bait Cartridges). The TBC (containing Novaluron) will stop the growth processes of the termites when consumed.
- Additional and Spare Parts also included in the Trelona Home Monitoring Kit include:
- (4) Trelona TBC (termite bait cartridges (Novaluron...0.50%)-To be inserted after the termite activity is indicated).
- (4) TICs (termite inspection cartridges)
- (3)Station Lids.
You will need an Advance Spider Tool to open Advance Termite Bait Stations
Directions and Station Installation
- It is important to continue the cycle of pre baiting and or direct bait placements around the area to be treated for accurate treatment; interruption may allow termites may forage of possible entry points. Since termite baiting is a slower process, it may be advisable to use a non-repellent termiticide such as Taurus SC in areas where termites are active. Do not use a normal repellent termiticide/insecticide within 2 feet of bait stations with routine pesticide applications.
- Place Advance Termite Bait Stations at or near the termite activity or suspected termite entry points. Once termite activity has begun in the station, the label advises supplemental stations in the immediate vicinity (up to 5ft) so that bait consumption can be maximized.
- Excavate or form a hole in the ground about the same size and dimensions of the station.
- If station is inserted in hard surfaces (concrete), insert station below the surface and secure.
- Install within 5 ft of known, probable or suspected termite activity. Typical areas will include celluose debris such as mulch or wood scraps, shaded areas, areas containing plant root systems, bath traps, areas with visible termite tubes, etc.
- The maximum installation of termite bait stations should not exceed 20 ft between bait stations, except where sufficient ground is not available. If the distance between 2 bait stations exceeds 30 ft, it may be advisable to form an opening in the surface to facilitate baiting between the two points.
- Stations may be placed in crawl spaces. See the label for complete instructions.
Inspecting Using the Home Monitoring Kit: Monitoring and Pre Baiting
- To inspect: Remove cover with the spider tool and visually examine inside for termite activity. Be careful to minimize disturbance if live termites are present. If live termites are present, replace the inspection cartridge with the Trelona Bait. After re-inspection, if 1/2 of the bait has been eaten, replace the bait. If termites are not present, also inspect for excessive decay or moisture saturation and replace inspection cartridge and wood base.
- See label for the schedule of inspections and complete directions.
Pre Construction and Post Construction Use
Except in the state of Florida, it may be used as a stand alone preventative termite treatment for new construction. Place stations after final exterior grading is done. It may also be used for post-construction use as a treatment of infested structures or preventative treatment in existing structures.