Bora-Care Commercial may be applied to all concrete, wood, steel and other building materials. What makes it different from Nisus's Bora-Care is that it may be applied to the first 2 feet of a structure of all concrete, wood, steel and other building materials. The original Bora-Care can only be applied directly to wood.
By using Bora-Care Commercial, your foundation can become a termite barrier, using less termite chemicals applied to the soil.
How Does Bora-Care Commercial Work ?
As with all Bora-Care products, the termites can not consume any material treated by Bora-care. Bora-Care Commercial will also prevent termites from building mud tubes across Bora-Care Commercial treated materials. Since Subterranean termites need moisture to live (not so with Dry Wood Termites), they build these mud tunnels for traveling. These tunnels or tubes will help the termite retain moisture. The top of these tubes are moist. As these moist tubes contact the Bora-Care Commercial, it will re-liquefy and cause the termites to die. Afer this, the remaining termites abandon the tube.
Safe To Use
As with Bora-Care, Bora-Care Commercial is made from a natural element mined from earth called boron.
Nisus's new product Bora-Care Commercial may used to treat interior stud walls, foundational walls in crawl spaces or basements, treat concrete and plumbing penetrations on slab structures and treats abutting slabs and expansion joints.
New Construction Termite Treatments
Bora-Care is the only borate termiticide with product-specific efficacy data to successfully complete the EPA 5-year efficacy requirements needed to be registered as a primary new construction termite treatment.
Bora-Care Commercial Termiticide is a highly effective, long-lasting pesticide that can be used as a primary new construction treatment against subterranean termites. Rather than creating a toxic barrier in the soil surrounding a structure, Bora-Care Commercial is applied directly to the structure, creating a barrier and preventing entry on cellulosic and non-cellulosic surfaces (such as concrete and plastic). Bora-Care Commercial provides a continuous barrier of protection against future termite infestations when applied to concrete, masonry, metal/steel, wood, pipe penetrations, bath traps and other subterranean termite entry points.
See technical bulletin., New Construction Worksheet
- Bora-Care Commercial is a borate-base, EPA - registered primary termiticide
- Applied during new construction to all steel, concrete, wood and other building materials two feet up from the foundation as well as to foundation penetrations such as pipe an conduit penetrations and expansion joints.
- Creates a barrier a the foundation of a structure; termites cannot build tubes across treated material to gain access to the structure.
- Speeds up the building process by allowing treatment any time during the dried-in phase of construction before the insulation is installed.
- Helps to get slabs poured quickly. Getting the slab poured is a critical milestone in the construction process, and now having the pretreatment done does not delay the pour.
- Using Bora-Care can earn builders green point in many green building programs as LEEDs.